cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interac rbc

bogdan2339
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey! Can i use interac rbc card to set up automatic payment for my mobile connection? Or do I need to get a visa/mstercard card?

14 REPLIES 14

@bogdan2339 

You may want to consider a koho card. They offer a no fee visa/debit card that gives you 0.5% cash back +1% per referral used or given up to a maximum of 13.5 % cash back. It takes 5 minutes to apply online and about 5 business days to recieve your koho card. Currently there is a $20 bonus referral credit.after your first transaction. Public mobile payments earn an additional 2% cash back.

I have tested the ease of getting this card and suggest you choose as your purpose is to "save" money. I never activated my card but I do maintain a list of community members that do have a koho card if you would like a copy of the list so you can private message another member before you sign up please feel free to private message me. You can also get added to the list if you get a koho card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

ok thank you for all info 

my apologies

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

i know they ask for ( Can i use interac rbc card to set up automatic payment for my mobile connection )

but if has the same card and them have to add the number is working ,, i don't know if them can't try it after that we can know.

Please note that Interac network payments cannot be used under any circumstance to make a payment in Public Mobile's self serve system.

So, while RBC does have Visa Debit cards available, not all customers have one. I am speaking of first hand experience. My RBC debit card does not have Visa Debit logo on it and cannot be used for Public Mobile payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

i know they ask for ( Can i use interac rbc card to set up automatic payment for my mobile connection )

but if has the same card and them have to add the number is working ,, i don't know if them can't try it after that we can know.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

dear friend but is call RBC Debit cards, how may friend add too... i don't know when i see him i will send to you a photo.

update @computergeek541 

is it like that

8.JPG

I know that RBC does offer Visa Debit to some customers, but that wasn't the original question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

dear friend but is call RBC Debit cards, how may friend add too... i don't know when i see him i will send to you a photo.

update @computergeek541 

is it like that

8.JPG

@Anonymous wrote:

@JK8 

i know i see that We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian.

but my friend he has one as a like a RBC Debit cards, you know

but i know is working but if them can try it the will see right away.

RBC client cards do not have a Visa logo on them (I have one). As such, these cards are not accepted by Public Mobile for payment.

Edit:   They do offer Visa Debit, but that's upon request and the standard chequing and savings accounts don't use them as a default (at least not yet for everyone).  The original question was about Interac debit, something that Public Mobile has never accepted. 

@bogdan2339 

Please contact Royal Bank to get a Visa Debit card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 

i know i see that We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian.

but my friend he has one as a like a RBC Debit cards, you know

but i know is working but if them can try it the will see right away.

@Anonymous 

You cannot use a RBC interac debit card for autopay.

Below is the article on what is accepted for autopay.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JK8 wrote:

@bogdan2339 wrote:

Hey! Can i use interac rbc card to set up automatic payment for my mobile connection? Or do I need to get a visa/mstercard card?

No. Your interac debit card cannot be used to set up payments.

@JK8 

how is No for interac rbc is working i have a friend the put it and is working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bogdan2339 

visit  Here  to Register Your Payment Card.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@bogdan2339 wrote:

No. Your interac debit card cannot be used to set up payments.

Accepted Payments For Activation

We accept the following credit cards, issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and registered to a Canadian or American address:

• Visa
  • MasterCard
  • American Express

We also accept Visa Debit cards. Additionally, you can pay for your SIM card activation with a Public Mobile Payment Voucher. To find a location that sells payment vouchers near you, click here. If you choose to pay for your activation with a payment voucher, make sure to purchase the voucher(s) prior to activating.

bogdan2339
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The question is closed, I realized that I cannot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bogdan2339 

yes you can

Need Help? Let's chat.