cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increase in bill with no change in service

bcondon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have autopay set up for bill payment. Currently wondering why my bill increased by approximately $12 for the last few months without any notification or without any change in service. 

33 REPLIES 33

@sharleen2955 wrote:

My bill went up as well, was paying the 23(autopay credit) Then it went to 28.00 without any notification. ugh

HI @sharleen2955   is  it now $28.00 exact showing up on My Account?  or $28.xx showing up on credit card?

If it is 28.xx showing up on Credit card, it could be because the $2 Autopay reward didn't get apply.  Then my Question would be , did you moved to the new rewards system?  Login to My Rewards site and check if it is showing Points there or dollar value there for your rewards on the site.  If you moved to the new reward system, you will no longer get the the $2 Autopay discount.   

of course, another way is to check My Account, transaction history and you will see how PM charges you.  You can provide us screenshots if you don't understand how they charged you

Just an FYI… all but the three prior posts to mine here are a 16 month old topic. This usually throws me for a loop until I figure out it is an ancient topic just now revived.

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sharleen2955 

What plan are you on? What rewards do you have? You didn't by chance switch to the points program? Looking at your transaction history should tell you what hasn't been applied on your most recent renewal that had been applied beforehand. If you used lost/stolen at some point in the last 30 days that causes your rewards to not be automatically applied. You would need to contact customer support to have them applied manually.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sharleen2955 : Were you on some kind of promo? Maybe post a screenshot of your payment history from here (not payment card) for the last while.

sharleen2955
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My bill went up as well, was paying the 23(autopay credit) Then it went to 28.00 without any notification. ugh

@bcondon happy to hear the issue was resolved. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

bcondon

Hi,

The user of the cell phone ( an employee ) appears to have accidentally accepted a new plan a few months ago without our knowledge. We’re reverting back now to the $25 plan as it’s a cell phone simply used for phone calls and texts. Thanks again. 

@bcondon  care to share what the issue was?

bcondon

Thank you for all your help.

Appreciate it.

Situation was resolved once I contacted the moderator from the link you posted. 

Kind regards,

Bernadette

For quite awhile the $10 off for 6 month promos were only available on the $35 or higher priced plans. You were likely on the $35 plan getting a $10 discount every 30 days. The $35 plan with 1.5 Gb data It is no longer available and has been replaced with a $35 / 2 Gb plan. You remain grandfathered on thee older one unless you log in and select the newer plan. Choose to have the change done at “Next Renewal”, don’t choose “Change Immediately”. Or if you can live with 1 Gb of data you can choose the $25 plan.

AE_Collector

@bcondon  so you're in the province of Quebec?

$23 times taxes is $26.45

$33 times taxes is $37.95

Can you log into your self serve account and check what plan you're on?

Either you signed up to a $35 plan with a promotion of $10 off for  6 months or you were on the $25 plan and changed it to a $35 plan at some point in time. (Maybe for more data)....

In any event.. just click link below.

It's the link to private message the moderators. They work for Public Mobile and will be able to see all your account details and will tell you exactly what is going on. These forums we are just customers like you and can't see your account.

Click below link to write the moderators

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bcondon

Yes, that’s correct.

Total used to be $26.45 and for the last few months it’s been $37.95.

If you are on the $25 with Autopay to your credit card your bill should be $23 ($2 Autopay credit) Plus your provinces taxes. Are you saying it is closer to $35 plus taxes?

AE_Collector

bcondon

Thanks for your help.

Going to investigate things further in the next day or so using suggestions provided and hopefully will determine the reason for the price increase.

There have been new customer promotions that gave customers $10 off their bill every 30 days. Typically it was for the first 6 months but I have also seen first 3 months and first 8 months. If you signed up around Nov 2019 and your bill increased by $10 plus tax beginning in the last few months I am going To assume that you were on one of these promotions and the discount ran out.

AE_Collector

@bcondon 

Once you log in into your account you are brought to your overview page. This contains all of your pertinent information:

1. Name on account, phone number, referral code etc....
  2. Plan, plan amount, it's features, renewal date/due date.
  3. Rewards, type, monthly amounts.
  4. Plan features and add ons and their counters.(once used they disappear.)
  5. Any promotions, their counters ànd details.

You will also see "payment histoy" this will show you your billing information in 7 day, 30 day and 90 day periods. It will show if you topped up your balance via credit card or voucher, any add ons purchased, rewards or credits applied to your balance, autopay debits and plan charges. In your case it will show two debit charges by public mobile. PLAN AMOUNT.... $10 and 1GB DATA AT 3G SPEED......$15 ($10+$15=$25 PLAN.) I take screenshots of this info after renewal to have a copy of my payment history and overview in case of an issue then i have proof if necessary.

Below this under your plan and add ons section you will see "usage history" this is your call, text and data daily records for your last 30 days. This updates data in two 12 hour blocks daily and lists texts in eastern time and answered calls in local time and unanswered calls in eastern time. This can be viewed in 7 day and 30 day time periods. At the bottom of your overview page you will see an additional "usage"  button. This will list your counters for plan calling and plan data as well as any add ons that you may have on your account. If it is no longer listed you have used it up.

Here is a definite thread by @AE_Collector on how to request an invoice for your billing. It is recommended you ask for them in 90 day, 180 day or 360 day increments.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Request-a-Receipt-for-your-Ac...

mapamapa32

what plan are you on?

Did you previously have rewards? from.referrals that maybe left? did you previously contribute  to the community?

do you know how to get into your account info to see that charges  and what happened?

perhaps an add on was added?

@bcondon contact customer support mods

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "payment refund/unknown charges"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

StarsRaglan

Well let's make it simple, if you asked for a $ 25 plan it will be easy to check on the preview like others have told you, if you check your payment history you will get a proof of your claim, normally based on what you say, you paid in the first few months of 2020 $ 25 plus tax for this service, but based on what you say now you pay $ 12 more, meaning if i'm following correctly, $ 37 plus tax for the same service? (you should definitely check the overview and payment history) screenshot of non-critical information will be of great help to all of us and we will direct you in a proper manner.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@bcondon 

If you go to this link and log in with your email and password.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

You are brought straight to the overview page.

There is no online bill. But you can basically see everything from your overview page.

You're on the $25 plan. So you would be charged $25 plus province taxes every 30 days for your plan. 

If you have rewards. Loyalty, auto-pay, referrals that is credited first to your account and used towards your bill. So your plan can be less than $25 but never more unless you turn around and buy add-ons.

The $25 plan includes.

Screenshot_20201009_152745.jpg

Your overview page it will show you everything you need to know about your account.

So if you log into yours since you are on the $25 plan it will show you exactly what you have. You either have 500mb of data and pay $25 per 30 days plus province taxes or you have auto-pay setup to make it 1 gig of data and $23 per 30 days because you get a $2 reward every 30 days for auto-pay. Plus any other rewards you have 

I hope this all makes sense to you!. Let me know

bcondon

Thanks for your reply.

Should I be receiving a bill online? I’m not receiving one at the moment.

Wondering where to find the “Overview “ page you refer to.

The plan I’m on since November, 2019 is $25 monthly.  Not sure what the plan is called.

@bcondon there is no physical bill mailed to you.

If you're on the $40 plan then that is what you're charged plus province taxes. There are no overcharges.

If you have any rewards that is deducted first. Example $2 auto-pay , $1 loyalty ,  $1 for one referral is $4. 

Then you'd be charged $36 plus province taxes.

You can see this all online in your overview page.

If you really wanted a bill for tax purposes. Some people do need this and request it quarterly or yearly from PM.

You have to open a ticket for moderators and they will prepare it for you. 

What plan are you on?

Can you post a screenshot of your overview page and BLANK OUT ALL PERSONAL INFO?

bcondon

Thanks.

Except for my credit card statement indicating the monthly charge made by Public Mobile, I don’t receive any communication from Public Mobile breaking down the bill. Wondering now how to make sure I receive the actual bill so I can examine it monthly. 

@bcondon 

Public mobile doesnt arbitrarily increase plan prices that are already set in your account. If a plan is eliminated you are grandfathered into your plan unless you change it. Any increased cost to your autopay charges would be due to the loss of rewards (or a glitch causing them to not be applied) or the end of a promotional price. Check your payment history or post it for us to examine ( remove any sensitive account information.)

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@bcondon You could have had extra account balance before and that lowered your charge to credit card.  If somebody referred you, you got an extra $10 and $2 for autopay to help pay for the renewal.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@bcondon 

Please check your payment history and go back as far as you can

You may notice that you were getting referral bonus by error, it happened to more than one person. They had a glitch that they fixed this summer and many people noticed paying more

If that's not the case and you are not receiving autopay or loyalty rewards that are due to you please contact moderators and they will fix it

@bcondon What plan are you on now? When did you sign up? Was there a promotion? What were you paying? What are you being charged now?

@bcondon what plan are you currently on?

bcondon

No, never made any referrals or changed anything on the plan. Surprised to see the price increase.

@Triguy wrote:

Did you refer some friends or family ?  PM did a clean up if awards so if accounts were no longer account then you would lose the award.

When it comes to lost referrals, the text message about that sometimes never comes in. There's also cases in which your referral list will have more numbers than what the refer-a-friend credit reflects, likely from account suspensiions. Public Mobile also won't tell you about those by text message.

Need Help? Let's chat.