cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incoming charges

piyushhetal2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have $15 plane and I got charged for every incoming mins which I am not supposed. Please someone answer me why?

14 REPLIES 14

@Nezgar 

Yes. The current $15 plan. Limited (100 minutes) Canada-wide Talk with Unlimited Incoming Talk, Unlimited Texts (and MMS attachments), 250MB "AutoPay" Bonus Data.

Untitled.png

@Korthcan you confirm if you are on the $15 plan with "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk" or "100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes" ?

From my testing of the $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes, and calls to voicemail do not consume my minutes....

Would be interesting if you find a method to reproduce getting the counter to increment...

Very interesting points, @Korth .

I very much wondered the very same thing as I manage two accounts, one which is the $15 plan.

It's my experience that @computergeek541 is correct, calls which are directed to voicemail do not count towards minutes, even though, oddly, they show on usage history as outgoing minutes and usually only last anywhere from 4 to 10 seconds duration. 

I can only presume the reason they show as outgoing calls is because the system is receiving and 'forwarding' the call to PM's voicemail#.

@mh1983 @computergeek541 

I have no explanation. I'm only reporting what I've observed.

I have two PM accounts and numbers. My "private" one is rarely used. A few months ago I didn't use it at all, not a single outgoing call made, not a single incoming call taken. Yet Self-Serve summary reported that some of my 100 plan minutes had been used, and Self-Serve "usage" reported only a bunch of incoming voicemails. I tested it from my other phone (and from a friend's phone, and from a landline at work) a few times over a few days since I couldn't figure out why sometimes the voicemail minutes were counted (still being counted) into the total and sometimes they were not.

I was checking my voicemail from my other phone - the reason I hadn't used my "private" phone was actually that it had a smashed glasstop with dead touchscreen, lol fell hard onto concrete at work. So I'm quite certain I didn't use up any minutes on this "private" number account (for almost two months, actually, encompassing the full 30-day billing cycle and a few weeks beyond each end).

I agree these calls shouldn't use minutes. It says as much in the plan details. And yet sometimes (but not always) minutes are apparently still consumed.

I admit I didn't test whether these minutes are indeed consumed or if it's just another kind of Self-Serve display error. The idea didn't occur to me at the time.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Korth 

Incoming calls that go to voicemail do not use minutes, or at the very least, aren't suppose to.

Exactly. @Korth are you checking the VM in any way, even just for a few seconds? THAT would use up minutes; an unanswered call of any sort would not.

@Korth wrote:

Incoming calls which are directed to voicemail sometimes seem to use up minutes. I have been able to reproduce this but not consistently - sometimes it's different even when the incoming number and calling location is the same.

But callers would have to leave many messages or really long messages for this to add up, even with the up-rounded minute counts, lol.

@Korth 

Incoming calls that go to voicemail do not use minutes, or at the very least, aren't suppose to.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Incoming calls which are directed to voicemail sometimes seem to use up minutes. I have been able to reproduce this but not consistently - sometimes it's different even when the incoming number and calling location is the same.

But callers would have to leave many messages or really long messages for this to add up, even with the up-rounded minute counts, lol.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LovesToPM wrote:

Hi @piyushhetal2003 

If it turns out that you have the first (older) version of the $15 plan, just do a plan change before your next renewal. You can upgrade to the current $15 plan which includes unlimited incoming calls.

If it's the older $15 plan, another option would be to do an immediate plan change to a $25 or higher plan to get unlimited calling.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @piyushhetal2003 

If it turns out that you have the first (older) version of the $15 plan, just do a plan change before your next renewal. You can upgrade to the current $15 plan which includes unlimited incoming calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@piyushhetal2003 wrote:

Hi,

I have $15 plane and I got charged for every incoming mins which I am not supposed. Please someone answer me why?

Are you looking in your Usage details in your self-serve account? You will see all activity in there. Add up all the outgoing calls. Calls get rounded up to the next minute. Checking voicemail on the handset will use minutes as well.

But there are no charges. Just consumption of minutes.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@piyushhetal2003 contact customer support mods

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Moderators are available from
- Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@piyushhetal2003 wrote:

Hi,

You must still have the old $15 plan without the unlimited income minutes.

Login to your self serve account.

What is your plan details?

My $15 plan details:

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text

If your plan details does not have Unlimited Incoming Minutes, you need to schedule plan change to the new $15 plan on your next renewal date.   Don't change you plan immediately unless you used up all your 100 call minutes.  There is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle if your change plan immediately.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@piyushhetal2003 wrote:

Hi,

With the current $15 plan you are limited to 100 outgoing minutes. Seconds are rounded up to the closest minute. (eg. A 10 second call is rounded up to 1 minute). As well, checking your voicemail with your phone will use up outgoing minutes too. If you log into self service and look at My Data & Add-ons you should see something like this. If you do not see this line, then you are out of outgoing minutes. You can buy a 500 minute add on for $5 that rolls over each cycle until consumed.

minutesd.jpg

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@piyushhetal2003 wrote:

Hi,

There's no fee they charged but do you mean they counted it as outgoing minutes?  There's an old plan that doesn't include incoming. How long ago did you get your $15 plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.