cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i'm planning a trip to Europe. how can i roam while i'm there?

bnaugler24
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i was thinking that maybe i could just use wifi and VOIP calling and further to that - web-based SMS apps for while i am in Europe.  what i would really like to do is be able to buy purchase several EUROPE-talk-text-data roaming addons so that i can answer my north american calls and not have to buy a new phone or SIM card that just has to be stashed away when i return home while conducting my travel, business,family and work activities just as i normally would just as if i had a cell phone plan and carrier that is local to the area that i am travelling.  how can i travel and have Public Mobile as my mobile provider while i'm working internationally but not  have to buy a new phone and hopefully not have to live my telephone life in a diminished  or lessen for the remainder of the current month that i chose to travel in while i used up all of my budgeted income for roaming services and extra data to make it happen - that successful trip.  PM: Can we go to Europe yet? 

4 REPLIES 4

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@bnaugler24 wrote:

i was thinking that maybe i could just use wifi and VOIP calling and further to that - web-based SMS apps for while i am in Europe.  what i would really like to do is be able to buy purchase several EUROPE-talk-text-data roaming addons so that i can answer my north american calls and not have to buy a new phone or SIM card that just has to be stashed away when i return home while conducting my travel, business,family and work activities just as i normally would just as if i had a cell phone plan and carrier that is local to the area that i am travelling.  how can i travel and have Public Mobile as my mobile provider while i'm working internationally but not  have to buy a new phone and hopefully not have to live my telephone life in a diminished  or lessen for the remainder of the current month that i chose to travel in while i used up all of my budgeted income for roaming services and extra data to make it happen - that successful trip.  PM: Can we go to Europe yet? 

You don't have to buy a new phone, you can buy a local Sim card when you are in Europe.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bnaugler24 , Public Mobile only offers roaming in the US.  There does not appear to be any appetite to expand the roaming options.  My suggestion is to get the Fongo app and forward your Public Mobile number to Fongo.  That way you can pick up phone calls made to your Canadian number.  Unfortunately, forwarding SMS is not as straightforward.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bnaugler24 wrote:

PM has only US roaming add-on.  For Europe, you need to get a local SIM when you arrive at your destination.

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Right now public mobile doesn't support Europe roaming yet, you have to either get a local number or use phone calls apps like textnow or Fongo and connect to WiFi network

Need Help? Let's chat.