cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have paid my phone bill but cannot use my data

bg118_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i paid my phone bill and am able to text and call but can’t use my data. this isn’t the first time it’s happened but since you can’t talk to anyone but a robot i was never able to get it resolved and it was a waste of my money but now after it continuously happening after paying over $100 to not even get the full service for months at a time i feel as though i’ve been and am continuously being robbed. $120  is a lot to pay for texting and calling for 3 months so i’m asking for my data to be fixed or i’m going to have to leave and take my business to another brand that hopefully won’t steal from me

7 REPLIES 7

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bg118_ 

Not that I would encourage it if the current 90-day plan you're on is working for you, however, Public Mobile has 'sweetened' it's current 30-day plan offerings a bit and there may be something in there which may end up being more attractive for you.

The $35/30 day plan comes with 3GB of data (if on auto-pay), so you'd get 9GB over 90 days for $105.

If you are considering a plan change, always make sure you schedule it for the "NEXT" renewal date as opposed to an "IMMEDIATE" change to avoid losing out on what's been already paid for the current cycle you're on.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bg118_ 

In addition to what were suggested, connect your iPhone to iTune running on a Mac or Windows to update your PM provider file or any update(s) on your iTune account.

Remember to reboot your phone after any update.

If nothing works, create a support ticket using the chat bubble at the lower right hand corner of this page to ask moderator to check on your account.

@bg118_ 

You can try your SIM card in another working phone.  This helps determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

If hardware issue, as mentioned previously, you could try rebooting phone.  Network reset on phone.  Make sure data is enabled in your phone setting.  

bg118_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

iphone 8+ and yes it enabled this literally happens every other time i pay my phone bill it just won’t work for the 3 months i pay it in advance

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@bg118_ wrote:

i paid my phone bill and am able to text and call but can’t use my data. this isn’t the first time it’s happened but since you can’t talk to anyone but a robot i was never able to get it resolved and it was a waste of my money but now after it continuously happening after paying over $100 to not even get the full service for months at a time i feel as though i’ve been and am continuously being robbed. $120  is a lot to pay for texting and calling for 3 months so i’m asking for my data to be fixed or i’m going to have to leave and take my business to another brand that hopefully won’t steal from me

@bg118_ 

Ok, let's see what can be done here.

• First ensure your Data setting is enabled.

There are always these things to try:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

But I feel this could be the APN settings in your phone. What type of phone do you have?

See help article on APN settings:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?q=apn

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@bg118_...

so many questions to ask. What kinda phone you using ? Do you have data enabled on that phone ? Lets start there.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@bg118_ 

You may wish to contact a moderator if you feel you have not being billed appropriately for services received. 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.