cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i got charged twice!

peter1_ca
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've enrolled for a new plan at Public Mobile from Nov 29, 2019 during the promotion.

Few days later when checking my account. With the referral credit, promotion one month free

My total credit was $57. Now I have $35 credit on my account and I got charged $28 on my credit card.

Something is wrong here. My others 2 numbers that I ported to PM during this time also have a same problems. Please help!

12 REPLIES 12

@peter1_ca wrote:

Seriourly, the Available Funds on our accounts were confusing because it does not add up

It went from $57 to $35 and $35 to $14 not like some one previously said from $60 to $35 or $39 to $14. Thanks to all.

Well, those numbers that someone else, AND I quoted, i.e. $60 to $35 & $39 to $14 are in fact in the screenshots that YOU provided. What you need to do, is to follow those account screenshots from the bottom, line by line, to the top, which is going from when you signed up, to your renewal date(s). The difference in the numbers in your account, from $57 to $60, are that on your renewal date(Dec. 30), you received your monthly autopay reward of $2(for having your credit card on file to automatically pay), and you also got your monthly refer-a-friend reward of $1, which bumped you up to $60, and THEN Public Mobile deducted your monthly $25 charge from that.

Your wife's account went exactly the same.....

peter1_ca

I got it now!  I'm just unfamiliar to prepaid structure of PM yet, so familiar to postpaid.

Seriourly, the Available Funds on our accounts were confusing because it does not add up

It went from $57 to $35 and $35 to $14 not like some one previously said from $60 to $35 or $39 to $14. Thanks to all.

@peter1_ca wrote:

I get charged $28 on my CC one only for each account.

What I am concern is I still get deduced from Available Funds of my PM account.

Those available funds in your PM account are only there because of promotions, referrals, & freebies, and they were deducted from your account because you got to your plan's renewal date. Look at your account - you paid for your 1st month, on Nov. 30, with your credit card, then you got numerous credits to your account, due to the previously mentioned promotions, referrals, & freebies, and THEN you got to the end of your 1st 30 days of your plan, so your account HAD TO BE charged, on Dec. 30, for your next 30 days of cell phone service, so $60 in your account's balance, minus $25 leaves you with $35 balance.

I just now log in to my wife account it was Available Funds of $35 just before I start this thread

Now Available Funds is $14. So where is that $21 goes?

Your wife's account is EXACTLY the same as I described above, i.e. her 1st month of cell service was paid for on Dec. 1(via your credit card). She then got various freebies credited to her account, the same way you did, such that her account was at $39, and then her renewal date came up, so her account's balance was charged $25, on Dec. 31, for her 2nd month of cell service, leaving her account with a balance of $14, JUST as it's supposed to be!

You've both received a free month of cell service, and based on your account still having $35 balance in it, you'll be getting a 2nd free month of service, with $10 balance left over for the month after that.

Do you understand it now?

peter1_ca

I get charged $28 on my CC one only for each account.

What I am concern is I still get deduced from Available Funds of my PM account.

I just now log in to my wife account it was Available Funds of $35 just before I start this thread

Now Available Funds is $14. So where is that $21 goes? 0046.jpg0047.jpg

@peter1_ca wrote:

I don't understand. I look at my CC statement today. I got charged $28 from PM

(25 x 12% tax= $28) But I still get deduced from Available Funds of my PM account.

Did you get charged $28 on your credit card twice, for YOUR account? The screenshot you posted looked like the accounting is in order, i.e. you paid $28($25 + taxes) for your initial signup, on Nov. 30, and then the system charged your account's balance(NOT your credit card) for $25 on Dec. 30, because that's your plan's renewal date.

On my wife PM account, the Available Funds still remain nothing has been

deduced. That is the problems.

We haven't seen  a screenshot of your wife's account, so we don't know what's gone on there..... your account got several credits, due to the flash sale, referral credit, autopay, etc., but we don't know what credits your wife received, nor what her renewal date is.

peter1_ca

I don't understand. I look at my CC statement today. I got charged $28 from PM

(25 x 12% tax= $28) But I still get deduced from Available Funds of my PM account.

On my wife PM account, the Available Funds still remain nothing has been

deduced. That is the problems.

@peter1_ca  wrote:

Now I understand that how PM works on the first month. I got charged full amount.

How do you explain that when I first activated my kid account. She also got Available Funds: $57.00 same as mine. The next day I activated my account. the day after that I activated my wife account. My wife account has Available Funds: $35.00 and it still $35 now.

My kid and my account go from Available Funds: $57.00 to now $35

So where that $22 goes?

It's not $57. It is $60 (added $2 on going AutoPay and $1 referral credit). So $60-$35 = $25 which is the payment for your plan which just got renewd recently. 

peter1_ca

Now I understand that how PM works on the first month. I got charged full amount.

How do you explain that when I first activated my kid account. She also got Available Funds: $57.00 same as mine. The next day I activated my account. the day after that I activated my wife account. My wife account has Available Funds: $35.00 and it still $35 now.

My kid and my account go from Available Funds: $57.00 to now $35

So where that $22 goes?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@peter1_ca  Could it be that the $28 you are seeing on your CC is the original $25 plus applicable taxes?

@peter1_ca I do not see any charge on your cc other than the very first one that you paid initially to activate the $25+tax plan. For the 2nd month, the system used your available funds to renew your $25 plan. 

peter1_ca

Yes. Same problems to my others 2 numbers as well.

0044.jpg0045.jpg

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@peter1_ca This would be very bad if this is the case. I have not heard of this issue where system used some credits and also charged on cc during the renewal process. Can you please provide a screenshot of the payment history from your self-serve account? Be sure to hide any personal info.

Need Help? Let's chat.