cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i am mad i hate this servicw

jennsexy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i paid 25 dollars i have 613 number i always call 819 i want to change it as i cant call 

29 REPLIES 29

TvMann2018

Hello: I'm not sure how old these posts even are anymore but this one caught my eye, unused to feel the same way and for a while I was very upset with the service, until I decided to actually learn how to use it to my advantage,  and use the community for help as well, if you're having problems with province calling, one if the easiest ways to fix it and I recommend this personally is just to up your plan, I myself went up to the $50 plan and got unlimited Canada wide and us calling and texting plus 8.5 GB of data which truly is a lot of course you don't have to go that high but there are cheaper plans that include unlimited Canada wide and lots of data to go with it, it's exactly what I did and it basically fixed all my oroblems, I may pay a bit more now, but I consider that paying for piece of mind. 

@TvMann2018 wrote:

When you sign into your account, there a spot in your profile or overview, that says change number,, click on it and follow the prompts, it's very easy

This has already been covered.  The OP (username jennsexy) is can't make calls to another province.  If that person is on the current $25 plan, the reason for this is the fact that this plan only includes provincial calling.

Changing phones numbers will not be of any help.  It doesn't matter what your phone number is when you're placing outgoing calls.

TvMann2018

When you sign into your account, there a spot in your profile or overview, that says change number,, click on it and follow the prompts, it's very easy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jennsexy wrote:

this is rediculious service i hateit

Well there are many thousands of people enjoying it just fine. Sometimes some services just don't work for people. And that's fine.

You have province-wide calling. When you're in whatever province, you can call to an area code in that province. When you go to a different province, the prior province is no longer accessible without the long distance add-on or you change your plan to Canada-wide.

It's always tricky at province borders (let alone the US one). You might be picking up a tower in the other province. And so, now you can call that other province but can't call your "home" province. Tricky. Move yourself over the hill to have a better chance at picking up a tower in your province and then you can call your home province.

One could even think of this as a benefit if you're close to a border. Move over to the other side of the hill and call that province. Move back out of sight of that tower and now you can call this province.

@jennsexy wrote:

ya now i have 819 still cant call to 819

jennsexy, please realize that it doesn't matter what your phone number is.

It only matters where you are located.

@stonechucker wrote:

Are you based in Ontario or Quebec?  It depends which tower you're connecting to on the province-wide calling plan.  If you're connected to a tower in Ontario, you can not call a Quebec number without Long Distance add-on, or Canada Wide talk package.  It doesn't matter what your telephone number is, it's all based on the tower connection, and the number you are calling.

------------------------------------------------------

@jennsexy, where are you physically located?  In Ontario, or in Quebec?  If you are in Ontario, you CAN NOT call 819 number without Long Distance.

I've already explained this above (multiple times now).  You either need to buy long distance addons at $8/200mins, or $15/400mins to call to Quebec numbers (even though you have a Quebec number) OR change to a Canada-Wide calling plan.

jennsexy

this is rediculious service i hateit

jennsexy

ya now i have 819 still cant call to 819

@jennsexy, so you've changed your number since your original post?  You originally said you had a 613 number, trying to call 819.  Now you're 819, what's the issue?

Are you based in Ontario or Quebec?  It depends which tower you're connecting to on the province-wide calling plan.  If you're connected to a tower in Ontario, you can not call a Quebec number without Long Distance add-on, or Canada Wide talk package.  It doesn't matter what your telephone number is, it's all based on the tower connection, and the number you are calling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jennsexy

I'm wondering if maybe there's a language barrier. If French then there's a whole French side to this service. Click on the Francais icon in the upper right.

Or, you could use the free, no-log-in-required Google Translate to type in what you're comfortable with and then translate it out to English. Then copy/paste the result to here.

Your replies and answers have almost no context as to who you're answering or what you're answering about. So it's difficult to help you.

@jennsexy wrote:

my number is 819 but wen i call its sayin i dont have acces

Please realize.that for making outgoing calls, it doesn't matter what your phome number is.

If you're in Quebec and call an Ontario number (such as any number with area code 613), this is not covered if you have a provoncial calling plan.

jennsexy

my number is 819 but wen i call its sayin i dont have acces

OK!!!! Finally I understand too why everybody spoke about plan and not number!!! Thanks for the explanation @stonechucker.

@mh1983, this is an issue with local calling, vs Province-Wide calling.  In this case, the OP is in Ottawawa with a 613 area code, and they are trying to call someone (or more) across the border in Quebec, in the other area code.

As the 'local' calling area for this region is free to call on a land line, or on a 'local' calling area cellular package, it doesn't work on a Province Wide plan at Public Mobile.

To be able to call across the border to another province, the caller needs to access either LD packages or upgrade the plan to Canada-Wide calling.

Currently, the assumption is the OP is on the Unlimited Prov Wide talk and text for $25.  

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Where did the OP mention a plan change? I only read a number change and not wanting to lose $25. It's not even clear what plan she's on.

OP, could you provide more info?

1. What plan you're on now.

2. What you're trying to accomplish. (Number change? Plan change? Both?)

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

If you want to change your plan without losing any money there is an option to have it change automatically at the start of your next billing cycle, and you can get an addon for the rest of this cycle for less than it would cost to change plans immediately.

The moderators might be willling to change plans for you without losing anything, but official policy dictates that customers who change plans part way into a billing cycle forfeit anything already paid for the plan.  You can always try and ask.

@jennsexy wrote:

i need to but cant loose my 25

You can future-date a plan change so that it takes effect the start of the next billing cycle.

I know that this isn't ideal, but if you install Hangouts Dialer, you can call those 819 phone numbers for free, although you will need to be connected to the internet (which the $25 plan doesn't have).  You would need to be connected to Wi-Fi.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jennsexy wrote:

@jennsexy,

Your $25 plan has the unlimited provincial minutes only.  There will be long distance charge if you want to call Quebec 819 area code numbers. 

Option 1:

How often do you call the 819 number?

If you call the Quebec 819 number over 2 hours(120 minutes) per month, it is better to switch to the $30 plan with unlimited Canada wide minutes.

Option 2:

If you call other province less than 2 hours per month, you can keep the current $25 plan and buy the long distance minutes add-on.  The long distance add-on minutes does not expire until you finished all the add-on minutes.  Unused long distance minutes will carry over to next month until you used all the add-on long distance minutes.  You can purchase 200 long distance minutes for $8(4 cents/minute) or 400 long distance minutes for $15(3.8 cents/minute).

Option 3:

Do you use text messages?

If you do not use text messages, you can switch to the $20 unlimited provincial minutes (not text message) plan + the long distance add-on.

Perhaps you will need the help of a moderator...click on the envelopp right up ..new message in private wit an explanation of your problem..they will contact you in 24 to 48 hours...Be patient they will respond @jennsexy

What is it written?? @jennsexy

jennsexy

it wont let me change 

Do you want to speak in french @jennsexy?? It will be easier for you or not???

jennsexy

yes 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Why do you want to change your number @jennsexy?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@jennsexy Calling is based on the tower you are connected to so it will not matter which area code you have. Since you might have province wide calling, you will not be able to call outside of 613 area code zone (Ontario). If this is the case, you either want to get the plan with Canada-wide calling or purchase long distance add-on (200min for $8 or 400min for $15).

No that's free to chnge your number...in your self service account... @jennsexy..in add-on plan ..change your number...try it...

jennsexy

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Ok @jennsexy what is the real problem?? Do you want to change your number??

Need Help? Let's chat.