cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to access balance

tyler26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i keep a 15 surplus on my account and i cant check my balance using 611. my plan costs 25 but i cant seem to use any of the extra money to make important calls

24 REPLIES 24

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Roderyk  a écrit :

Log into the public mobile site and on-top of your profile it’ll display your availabile funds.

If you had taken the time to read what was posted three weeks ago, your answer might have been better.

Roderyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Log into the public mobile site and on-top of your profile it’ll display your availabile funds.

@tyler26 wrote:

i aready explained that *611 has only given me the prompt to add money and no option to check balance

If you had a balance on your account you would hear it without doing anything after dialing 611. The fact the recording is not giving you a balance should lead you to believe you don't have one.

@tyler26 wrote:

can you help me out with a free plan if your policy lets you? i ask out of need and lack of options. i can add money in a few days i need a phone

There are no free plans here at Public Mobile. Sounds like you'll have to add $10 more to re-activate your $25 plan...either now or later. You have 89 days to think about it...at 90 days expired, your plan will shut down for good.

If you have $15 in your AvailableFunds, you can get ahold of a moderator to sign up for the $15 plan. Click the ? in lower right side of page to start process of moderator assistance.

Alternative is to consider a free voip app like TextNow. You can make and recieve free calls / texts as long as you have a wifi signal.

@tyler26 wrote:

can you help me out with a free plan if your policy lets you? i ask out of need and lack of options. i can add money in a few days i need a phone

We are customers just like you and not employees of Public Mobile.  You would need to contact the moderators for further assistance use the question mark in the bottom right of the screen.  Not saying it won't happen but I haven't seen them offer a free plan even for a day for people to port their number out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tyler26

tyler26

i was told that my account was temporarily suspended, t and to add $ throught prepaid or credit.so i deduct that the network doesnt recognize my 15 $ balance because i added enough to have a 15 credit months ago and even though ive been adding money monthly the 15 has not cycled but rather the company used my money to pay the plan rather than the money that was already in their leading my 15 to expire even though it should have been used . for ex. i had 15 $ and a 25 plan. the 25 plan ran out. i added 25 more. instead of useing that old 15 with the aditional ten from my recent update, it allowed that money to expire although the 15 surplus should clearly expire based on the most recent money add.  ive beed put in a situation as the result of inadequate and inferior network policy. so if you can give me a courtesy temporary plan youd have gained a more loyal customer.

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you can’t add 10$ to your account, the only option you have is to log in your account and change to 15$ plan and choose to change now.

@tyler26 wrote:

NO. my plan was 25 and my 15$ i should have on there was not enough to renew plan, resulting in no data . NORMALLY, the 15 would automaticaly be used twhen i make na cal, however it isnt and dialing *611 only give the option to add money through prepaid card or credit. no other option was given. i feel that it's fair, given my inconvineince, that once it's confirmed i have 15$ on my account public mobile should credit me a 25 $ plan for 15 given that i have gone to a great extent to access my own money and i need to have some kind of calling its sort of important

Sorry, but that's not how it works. Since you are on a $25 plan, you must have $25 in the account to renew. Having only $15 in the account balance does not renew you only for calls.  The entire plan stops working. You'll have to either add $10 more to your account to resume service or swtich to a lower priced plan.

tyler26

i'm trying to call treatment center that i live at i relapsed and i want to call them to let them know and ask if i can come home

edited by computergeek541:  as per community terms of service (language)

tyler26

NO. my plan was 25 and my 15$ i should have on there was not enough to renew plan, resulting in no data . NORMALLY, the 15 would automaticaly be used twhen i make na cal, however it isnt and dialing *611 only give the option to add money through prepaid card or credit. no other option was given. i feel that it's fair, given my inconvineince, that once it's confirmed i have 15$ on my account public mobile should credit me a 25 $ plan for 15 given that i have gone to a great extent to access my own money and i need to have some kind of calling its sort of important

@tyler26 wrote:

i keep a 15 surplus on my account and i cant check my balance using 611. my plan costs 25 but i cant seem to use any of the extra money to make important calls

Extra balance cannot be used to do anything as pay-per-use. Whatever you're trying to do (in this case, calls to places outside of Canada since your plan already includes unlimited Canada-wide calling) must either be included in your plan or in a pre-purchased add-on. Where are you trying to call?

tyler26

EXCactly. *611 will not let me check balance, i cannot seem to use the 15$. its thanksgiving so *611 only 2 prompts

What possible reason would there be for you thinking you can't check it because it is Thanksgiving Day? Are you a PM customer from the days when you could call someone for customer service? That is long gone.... nothing to do with it being a holiday.

I have never tried *611 so I just gave it a try. I was given my current cash balance along with my next renewal date. Then I had the option to add $$$.

Terry

tyler26

i have never had an onlinee self serve and my phone is dead ive always added money through*611

tyler26

i aready explained that *611 has only given me the prompt to add money and no option to check balance

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tyler26 wrote:

when i call 611 i am only given the option to add a payment , no check balance nothing. ive had 15 extra since i started with this phone

When did you activate your $15 plan?

If over a month, your $15 available fund may already used to renew your $15 plan.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I'm confused what's the issue, is your plan suspended? Or have you run out of your 100 minutes. If you've run out of your minutes, you should consider using some of your $15 to purchase the 500 minutes for $5 addon.

This How to by @srlawren should be helpful if this is the case.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Or thru 611 for that matter?

PM 611 IVR.png

tyler26

when i call 611 i am only given the option to add a payment , no check balance nothing. ive had 15 extra since i started with this phone

tyler26

no see i only have 15$ and i think its suspended when the current plan ran out

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tyler26  The $25 plan should give you unlimited calling. Go into selfserve and check to make sure your account is not suspended.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@tyler26You would have to use your surplus balance to purchase some international minutes in order to make important calls. I assume your $25 plan includes unlimited Canadian calls.

@tyler26  To check your account balance dial 611 from your device.

tyler26

I'm attempting to check my balance however being thanksgiving i'm not being given the choice to check balance. i'm sure i have a 15 surplus on my balance but my plan costs 25. i want to access the remaining 15$ to make some phone calls

This post and its replies merged with duplicate topic "how to access balance" -SD08 

Need Help? Let's chat.