cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i cancel my account

sdacunha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

please can you tell me how can i cancel my public mobile account.

Silvia

21 REPLIES 21

ThosD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What if the system refuses payment... either auto-pay or manual?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : 611 can only toggle autopay if a card is present. There's no control over the card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ThosD 

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

@ThosD wrote:

There are two problems with this solution. I tried deleting the existing payment method, but the system/site did not respond - when I went back later, the payment method was still there. Therefore, short of closing the credit card account, I don't know how to to stop PM from debiting my credit card.  The second problem is that the same thing happened when I tried to disable auto-pay - the system/site did not respond

It might be a browser issue.  Try on a different browser (Chrome/Edge/Firefox), or clear cache or try Incognito mode.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ThosD wrote:

There are two problems with this solution. I tried deleting the existing payment method, but the system/site did not respond - when I went back later, the payment method was still there. Therefore, short of closing the credit card account, I don't know how to to stop PM from debiting my credit card.  The second problem is that the same thing happened when I tried to disable auto-pay - the system/site did not respond

@ThosD    Are you trying to remove a payment card and not being able to do it?  If you know your 4 digit PIN then dial 611 (I think) there should be an option to remove the card there too.   If you're trying through self serve, make sure to clear your browser cache/cookies and use a new (or even different) browser before trying to remove the payment card.

If none of the above works then contact customer support and submit a ticket here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html    Second option is to private message CS_Agents here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Edit:  Removing card option via 611 service not available.  Thanks to @Anonymous for the clarification.

ThosD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@8moose9 wrote:

does this affect your credit and or possibly hooking back up to public mobile in the future

Not at all. It's a pre-paid service, not a debt after the fact. You don't pay, you don't get service.

8moose9

does this affect your credit and or possibly hooking back up to public mobile in the future

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harley wrote:

How does she do that ?

Click on My Account in the upper right corner. Log in to the self-serve system. It's all in there. I'm not sure if you need actual step by step instructions. Public Mobile is more of a hands-on self-serve kinda service.

harley

How does she do that ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harley wrote:

Hi,

I would like to cancel account that I created for my sister because she no longer has that phone.

Cell # - xxxxxxxxxx

You will see it hasn't been used for approx a month or more.

Reply as text to - xxxxxxxxxx

harold

Thanks

Site policy requires that you not post private information in this open forum that is readable by anyone.

You don't really need to cancel. Remove autopay and credit card and just let it lapse into oblivion.

harley

Hi,

I would like to cancel account that I created for my sister because she no longer has that phone.

Cell # - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You will see it hasn't been used for approx a month or more.

Reply as text to - xxxxxxxxxxxxx

harold

Thanks

edited by computergeek541: phone numbers removed

academy

I have been charged on my credit card even then it shows on my account has not been paid and it has been suspended. please advise how can cancel public mobile and get my refund

@t3ahmed 

@t3ahmed wrote:

HI I need the account to be cancel before the 90 days so I could get refund for the remaining unused service since my son past away after only having it for 30 days 

We are saddened by your loss.

Normally PM provides no refunds because the service is prepaid. In your circumstances, they may make an exception. Unfortunately, no one in this Community can do that. You will need to send an email to PM explaining the situation; start that process here and be sure to include your son's phone number, and PM account number if you have it. Contact Us Just keep clicking the applicable buttons until you reach the web form to fill and send. It takes up to 48 hours to receive a reply.

If you do not get a reply by then, come back here and let us know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

t3ahmed

HI I need the account to be cancel before the 90 days so I could get refund for the remaining unused service since my son past away after only having it for 30 days 

@Martin, You are indeed Correct.

Prorated, and 90 Days After the First 30 from when Plan was Renewed

@sdacunha In addition to Martin's and makkahn28's posts, if you wish to keep your PM phone number you MUST keep your PM account active until you have had the new company port your phone number over.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

Two corrections are in order.

In your 7:29 pm EDT post, the second mentioning of 120 days should be, "after non-payment for 90 days".

In your 7:33 pm EDT post, "pro bono" is short for "pro bono publico", which is Latin, meaning "for the public good". You meant "prorated".

FYI.

Also, If You have pioneer GF Plan, Once Deactivated, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RETURN TO THIS EVER AGAIN.

You'll have to choose New Rate Plan(s) Only

Also, PM Will NOT Refund any Probono, meaning if you had 30 day plan, and used 10 Days, You're Not going to be Refunded the 20 Days Worth.

That how Prepaid Operates

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

The surest way of cancelling your service is to stop making payments. On the 91st day after payment is due, your account will be automatically deactivated and deleted. If you have a credit or debit card on file, remove it from your account and disable autopay.

I hope that this has answered your question.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Simple Answer: Public Mobile is a Prepaid Carrier.

All that's required, is Disable Auto-Pay, and Do NOT RENEW Rate Plan(s) for 120 Days From time Your Last Renewal

After Non payment over 120 Days, Account is PERMANENTLY DEACTIVATED, SIM DEAD, ALL Add-Ons, Positive Balances, PM # Forfeited

Need Help? Let's chat.