cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

Caper1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We are on the verge of cancelling and can get no help whatsoever, Auto pay says its working but doesn't, Every month I go on and make a manual payment while I get texts saying thank you for using auto and I get the bonus but the service is cut off till I go and do it manually, jeez, service interupted after texts thanking us for our payments? just today wife was setting up for an important conference call. BOOM no talk on this plan? we are prepaid till the 19th, its the 6th. Saving a few bucks is not worth the aggravation.!

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Korth wrote:

Broken AutoPay is an old issue they've never managed to fully correct. 

It doesn't happen to the vast majority of customers but it does seem to be a recurring problem with certain customers. Probably something to do with certain financial institution(s) or credit card brand(s), I dunno.

The PM Mods can always correct the problem once it's reported. But of course this can take a day or two - or longer, much longer, when they're drowning under overwhelming customer response/issues with promos - while you have to wait without phone service. It would be especially annoying when it happens again every month.

The only solution is to always keep enough funds in your account balance to fully pay for your Plan (without any Rewards or discounts). You still get the $2 AutoPay Reward but your credit card doesn't get charged so you don't still get snagged by brainless/failed automation rejecting out-of-sync transactions. You gotta pre-pay your pre-pay and that's stupid but it is what it is, best to just flow along with the revenue-centric corporate accounting glacier instead of unreasonably expecting it to work in reasonably customer-centric ways. 

Solid gold. Slow clap to you good sir.

Broken AutoPay is an old issue they've never managed to fully correct. 

It doesn't happen to the vast majority of customers but it does seem to be a recurring problem with certain customers. Probably something to do with certain financial institution(s) or credit card brand(s), I dunno.

The PM Mods can always correct the problem once it's reported. But of course this can take a day or two - or longer, much longer, when they're drowning under overwhelming customer response/issues with promos - while you have to wait without phone service. It would be especially annoying when it happens again every month.

The only solution is to always keep enough funds in your account balance to fully pay for your Plan (without any Rewards or discounts). You still get the $2 AutoPay Reward but your credit card doesn't get charged so you don't still get snagged by brainless/failed automation rejecting out-of-sync transactions. You gotta pre-pay your pre-pay and that's stupid but it is what it is, best to just flow along with the revenue-centric corporate accounting glacier instead of unreasonably expecting it to work in reasonably customer-centric ways. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Caper1 wrote:

We are on the verge of cancelling and can get no help whatsoever, Auto pay says its working but doesn't, Every month I go on and make a manual payment while I get texts saying thank you for using auto and I get the bonus but the service is cut off till I go and do it manually, jeez, service interupted after texts thanking us for our payments? just today wife was setting up for an important conference call. BOOM no talk on this plan? we are prepaid till the 19th, its the 6th. Saving a few bucks is not worth the aggravation.!

Every few days when you have Free time just log in to self serve to see if everything is up and up and while you are there manually make a Payment before your due date to avoid this.  With Auto Pay it's really hard to say who is to blame.  It could be the Credit Card company it could be Public Mobile but with these corporation they will blame each other. So to avoid this BS just do a manual Top up and still enjoy the $2 savings.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

My autopay works perfectly and I think you have the right to that too. I would contact a moderator and if they can't give you the service you deserve, I'd agree with you that you should go. However, I'd be surprised if they can't make it work for you.

You should consider creating a support ticket. Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Caper1, if you are having so much issues with auto payment and plan features, it might be worthwhile contacting the moderator team and have them investigate the account to see what issues were lurking behind the scene.  Perhaps an account reset would get rid of the gremlins.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution. This process supports quicker problem resolution. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Caper1 wrote:

What plan is your wife on? If the $10 or $15 ones then maybe she used all the minutes.

Autopay...yeah...I guess you're a lucky one that might need to keep track of the renewal days and manually pay. Think of it like a monthly bill. Although maybe you choose to do those automatically too. I don't.

Need Help? Let's chat.