cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello.I opened my cell phone yesterday (August 29).

seeunChoi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I opened my cell phone yesterday (August 29). I registered for a monthly payment with a credit card, but it was paid $ 16.95 the day it opened. Isn't it the first payment next month? Why have you already paid?

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@seeunChoi, even postpaid operates like prepaid once the first bill arrives.  The standard monthly fee is paid in advance for postpaid.  Only overages are bill the following month for obvious reasons.  In this service, overages are not allowed (no credit check) and so all usage is prepaid. 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@seeunChoi wrote:

I opened my cell phone yesterday (August 29). I registered for a monthly payment with a credit card, but it was paid $ 16.95 the day it opened. Isn't it the first payment next month? Why have you already paid?

Where did you open your Cell Phone Yesterday? Did they not tell you that this cell service is like how most of the world's cell service operates.  You pay you have service and when you don't pay you simply have no service.   No bills or surprise charges 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@seeunChoi wrote:

Hi, 

As others have stated, Public Mobile is a prepaid service. Once you activated and paid for a mobile plan, you next payment will be due in 30 days.

It sounds like you just registered your credit card so you will qualify for the AutoPay bonus (extra $2 off every 30 days). Perhaps at the same time, you inadvertently made a manual payment for your next bill.

There's no harm done. Even though your credit card may have been charged again, the funds are still in your account (see your "Available Funds" in Self-Serve) and those funds will be used to pay your next bill.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@seeunChoi  hi remember with a prepaid plan there are no overage charges no roaming charges or any other fees, since you paid upfront you will not get any surprise bills that is the beauty of a prepaid plan Smiley Happy,

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@seeunChoi wrote:

@seeunChoi  Public is a prepaid service so you pre-pay for your plan. During activation you pre-paid for the first 30 days. During your next renewal you will get the AutoPay reward applied.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@seeunChoi wrote:

PM is prepaid so you will be paying in advance for each month.

Need Help? Let's chat.