cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early payment

terrybev
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am a newbie. Is it my understanding that you can not make an early payment? It has to be on the date that you signed up? Just wondering. I am happy with my plan, and all the rewards are just bonuses to me. Who doesn't like rewards.

13 REPLIES 13

jonathanlee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've actually just manually topped up my account, even though my autopay date is actually late next week, so I'm all set for plan renewal when the date does come. I've just been reading all the posts regarding the autopay issues some people have had when they just wait for their card to be charged on that autopay date. I can see how it can be a problem, since everything is indeed online. Thought I would play it safe. (I'm new to PM btw.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellGirl 

Excellent explanation. I don't think the profile address enters into it though. I think it's the address entered into the cc screen and the billing address of the cc.

But of course I could be wrong.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@buchaneer52 

There seems to be auto-payment issues for a number of people for different reasons - eg, maybe there's a slight difference with the way a person's credit card billing address has been entered into Public Mobile's self-serve system, compared to the address entered into a person's profile, which can cause auto-pay to fail.

Many people have recommended, that even if all of your details are consistent all around, it's still best if you make a manual payment each month a few days before your renewal. That way, those funds are already there under "available funds", and the PM system will take the payment from that, rather than an automated payment from your credit card, which has a chance of failing. But you still get the $2 auto-payment credit, just for having it set up for that 🙂

buchaneer52
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What are "auto-payment system failures"? Do you mean like Credit Card refuses to pay?

(moved to the Paying For Your Service category)

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm pretty sure that early payment makes no diff to rewards.... I have $100 sitting on my account and the rewards still show up.

I just paid some months in advance so I wouldn't have to worry about these accounts.

@slash407 wrote:

u can make a early payment but ur shorting urself by doing that bcuz its prepaid and the service's cycle would adjust.

@slash407this is wrong, and you know it.  Paying early is just putting funds into the account to have a balance.  It doesn't affect the rewards, UNLESS payment, is used at the same time to change or renew a plan.  A subscriber (or Moderator on early renewal) must force the payment, rather than waiting for the cycle end process to be used.

@sunflowershine wrote:

@terrybev wrote:

I am a newbie. Is it my understanding that you can not make an early payment? It has to be on the date that you signed up? Just wondering. I am happy with my plan, and all the rewards are just bonuses to me. Who doesn't like rewards.

@terrybev You probably will mess up their credit card billing cycle. I worked in accounting and the credit card charge billings running at night according to their date. Especially PM tries to save money for having too many staff on customer services. It will be too much work for them to do so. 

You can pay whenever you wish, but your plan will not renew until your 30- or 90-day cycle completes, or by doing an immediate plan change.

The immediate plan change is not advised, as you will lose all value and remaining days in your current plan.  Changing a plan on your next renewal is advised.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@terrybev wrote:

@terrybev You probably will mess up their credit card billing cycle. I worked in accounting and the credit card charge billings running at night according to their date. Especially PM tries to save money for having too many staff on customer services. It will be too much work for them to do so. 

Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off (by manually adding funds) in advance as this process will prevent the most common and preventable reason that your account goes into suspension with a HUGE pain in the butt complete loss of service.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@terrybev wrote:

@terrybev  You can absolutely make an early payment. Fund your account with as much as you like. I personally do not have to make a payment for many renewals as my balance is many times the value of my current monthly plan.

I actually suggest that everyone pays in advance to prevent auto-payment system failures.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@terrybev, when you say early payment are you referring to topping up funds in the account early, in advance of the renewal day?  If so, you can top up any time you want.  Bear in mind, this is a prepaid service, once funds are added to the account, there are no refunds.  Anyway, if the concern is about missing a renewal, the best thing to do is to enable the auto pay feature.  Never miss a payment and earn $2 reward each renewal. 

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can contact the moderator team in a private message to renew your plan early if you have enough funds in the account, but it takes time to hear back from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.