cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double charge

Kaushik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Last month i had 35$ plan which due on 28th jan 2020 and i have done this payment through a 40$ voucher. I have 5$ balance. After my plan got due i need to do another recharge but i wanted to change the plan So i changed the plan to 40$ and done the payment. Public mobile debited 80$ from my account including tax by adding two plan one of 35$ and other of 40$. i only need 40$ plan and rest amount i need it back.

5 REPLIES 5

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Contact a moderator and they may reverse the second charge but no guarantees. The extra funds could also be left to pay for the next renewal. Always renew a plan at next renewal date to avoid losing current plan's value. I've noticed members who renew early at times run into difficulties and then need moderator help.

As @wetcoaster  mentions sounds like you selected "change now"

There's two options when changing plans.

1- Change now - if you don't have balance to cover it will says "top up now". This will immediately change your plan, you will be charged right away, new plan will start and you loose whatever you paid for on other plan.

2- Change at next renewal. You will keep plan you paid for and at next due date will be charged for new plan and charged new plan rate.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Kaushik wrote:

Last month i had 35$ plan which due on 28th jan 2020 and i have done this payment through a 40$ voucher. I have 5$ balance. After my plan got due i need to do another recharge but i wanted to change the plan So i changed the plan to 40$ and done the payment. Public mobile debited 80$ from my account including tax by adding two plan one of 35$ and other of 40$. i only need 40$ plan and rest amount i need it back.

It sounds like you did an immediate plan change. In this scenario the full plan cost of the new plan gets charged immediately without any refunds for any unused parts of the previous plan (whether you had that for a few hours or 28days).

What you should have done: Schedule a plan change for your next renewal date, ideally a couple of days before the end of your last plan cycle (remember it's 30 days, not a month!). The system would have made the plan change automatically without any loss of funds.

As indicated above, you can try and ask for a refund by contacting the moderator team. Since this is a prepaid carrier and the ToS state that there are no refunds, they don't have an obligation to help you out, so be nice!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Kaushik is it showing as a credit on your account?  It may be easier to leave it to pay for next month's bill. 

Or you can contact a moderator . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen. This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one . (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@Kaushik wrote:

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Kaushik wrote:

@Kaushik Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.