cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double billed for SIM card

pubmobuser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got double billed for the public mobile SIM card in my recent credit card statement.

Feb 6 SP * PUBLIC MOBILE TORONTO ON  $11.30

Feb 11 PUBLIC MOBILE 85504782542 BC $11.30

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13  like @computergeek541  said, the province listed is just where the charge occurred.  We know PM's SIM orders are done out of Toronto, so that makes sense for the first $10 + tax charge (probably ontario taxes of 13% by the looks of things).  The second charge as suggested by @computergeek541 is almost certainly for a $10 plan + tax, and it seems PM charges their self-serve system fees out of BC. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ahh Ok.  I am in BC and mine is taxed correctly.  I thought they may have had that for every province

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@pubmobuser wrote:

I got double billed for the public mobile SIM card in my recent credit card statement.

Something really funny about this as BC Tax isn't 13% so it wouldn't be a plan charge.  I think your best bet is to deal with the Moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

From my online banking:

PUBLIC MOBILE

855-4782542
BC
CA

I can say with certainty that plan charges will say Public Mobile BC.  It doesn't have anything to do with the province of the phone number or the tax rate.  It's always been like that for me, and I'm in Ontario.  I'm also about 75% certain that the sim cards transactions do say Public Mobile Toronto, ON, but it's been too long ago since I've ordered using my credit card.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@pubmobuser wrote:

Something really funny about this as BC Tax isn't 13% so it wouldn't be a plan charge.  I think your best bet is to deal with the Moderators.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Metal1967 wrote:

@pubmobuser wrote:

@pubmobuser 

Not surewhat thenumber starting 855 is...but edit it out....public site

It's just the official Public Mobile company phone number (with a typo in it).  The number doesn't accept calls from customers looking for support services (obviously).

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pubmobuser wrote:

@pubmobuser 

Not surewhat thenumber starting 855 is...but edit it out....public site

@pubmobuser wrote:

Could one charge be for the sim card, and the other charge be for a $10 plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.