cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card

nebo123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get this message when I try to register my credit card for auto pay.

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.
I checked with my bank and no problem.

10 REPLIES 10

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@neb0123, Read here for Public Mobile article on credit cards:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/register-your-payment-card
or
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

"We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank."

If problem presists, you may need to follow-up on message from Public Mobile "Please contact your card issuer for more information."

If you have another card, you could also give that a try. Please keep us updated here.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your credit card transaction fails in another attempt; wait 5 minutes and call your credit card company.

• Ask them if there was any attempt from PM to authorize/put through a payment.  The credit card agent can tell if there was an error in the transaction or what specifically went wrong.
  • Is it a foreign credit card.  If it is, then you'll most likely not be able to pay for PM using a foreign credit card.

@nebo123 wrote:

I see the atempt from PM but with charges showing 0

If fiddling with address format doesn't work, you might have to by vouchers from a store, or try using a different card for payment.  Do you have a Visa Debit that you can use?  Many banks now issue those as their default ATM cards for chequing accounts now.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nebo123 wrote:

Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information.

Make sure the credit card address matches on your statment.

1.  If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#.  Just use the building number.

2.  If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left thelast digit out.  PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

@nebo123 wrote:

You may try registering again, sometime it's communication problem between bank and PM.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This might be way out in left field, but is it a brand new card? Sometimes it requires a local transaction (using pin) before taps and online purchases...

Just a thought

5amster

Are you entering the same billing address as what your credit card company has on file ? 

nebo123

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@nebo123 wrote:

Bank says no problems but did you ask them if Public Mobile did a charge.  Public Mobile occassionally says declined but charges anyway. If that happens, you will neee moderarator to issue refund or account credit.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@nebo123 Try using Chrome in incognito mode. If it still doesn't work you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.