cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card payment is higher than invoice

gpede
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account invoice is $135.00 per month but my credit card payment came out at $137.76 which is exactly 2.05% more than it should have been.  Is there additional fees (taxes, etc.) that might have been added on that I don't know about?

13 REPLIES 13

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there @gpede,

At the amount that you are paying, you need to add also the provincial taxes. As you know, the taxes are different in each province. Therefore, the prices cannot be with taxes included due to this province differences.

If a new customer decides to have services with us, in the details of each in-market plan there is a mention that the price is without taxes.

You can find more information also in this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Public-Mobile-Community-Terms-of-Servi...

Cheers!

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@Psygineer  There are several places in your account where it says plus applicable taxes and gives you a link to find out the tax rate for your province. When making a payment a box appears under the payment that calculates the applicable taxes and adds it to your payment before submitting it. However if you rely on autopay to pay your account (rather than a manual payment) then the applicable taxes are not shown during the renewal. You would then have to refer to your credit card company.

@Psygineer wrote:

@kelvarnsen wrote:

On a side note, why can't they just show the taxes on the payment history. It seems like it would make things so much easier.

If they don't want to show the post-tax price, in the very least they need to put "plus applicable taxes" on that page to stop people thinking they got over charged or that there was anything wrong with their payment in general. These threads are so common.

I mean it sort of makes sense the way PM has it. If you go to Walmart and see something on the shelf for $10, you don't just slap a $10 bill down on the sales counter and walk away but instead are expecting it to be $10 plus applicable taxes, so in Ontario for example, it would be $11.30 despite it saying $10 on the shelf. People see this as normal. Yet when an online site like PM does the same thing, it confuses the heck out of people. Simply reminding people that the price on the site is before taxes and credits would make it so much easier for people to understand.

Must be newer addition. Glad to see they are listening! Never used to say it leading to alot of confused new clients.

@Psygineer  There are several places in your account where it says plus applicable taxes and gives you a link to find out the tax rate for your province. When making a payment a box appears under the payment that calculates the applicable taxes and adds it to your payment before submitting it. However if you rely on autopay to pay your account (rather than a manual payment) then the applicable taxes are not shown during the renewal. You would then have to refer to your credit card company.

@Psygineer wrote:

@kelvarnsen wrote:

On a side note, why can't they just show the taxes on the payment history. It seems like it would make things so much easier.

If they don't want to show the post-tax price, in the very least they need to put "plus applicable taxes" on that page to stop people thinking they got over charged or that there was anything wrong with their payment in general. These threads are so common.

I mean it sort of makes sense the way PM has it. If you go to Walmart and see something on the shelf for $10, you don't just slap a $10 bill down on the sales counter and walk away but instead are expecting it to be $10 plus applicable taxes, so in Ontario for example, it would be $11.30 despite it saying $10 on the shelf. People see this as normal. Yet when an online site like PM does the same thing, it confuses the heck out of people. Simply reminding people that the price on the site is before taxes and credits would make it so much easier for people to understand.

sierraobrian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Taxes

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@gpede wrote:

My account invoice is $135.00 per month but my credit card payment came out at $137.76 which is exactly 2.05% more than it should have been.  Is there additional fees (taxes, etc.) that might have been added on that I don't know about?

$123x1.12=$137.76

90 day autopay is $6.  You have 2 referrals or 2 years of loyalty to reduce it another $6.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kelvarnsen wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kelvarnsen wrote:

@kelvarnsen taxes are charged on the payment, which tops up your account.  they do not need to account for the tax money within your account.  It's actually easier this way, it's just that some people seem to somehow forget about taxes.  I'm not sure how anyone that has lived in Canada for more than 5 minutes can't figure out there's taxes on just about everything, but alas this is a surprisingly common question.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try ($135 - $your rewards) X (1 + $your prov tax rate/100)

If your tax rate is 12 % you should have rewards totalling $12 which may include $6 for three months of autopay.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there @gpede! We are here to help you ! If you still need our help please sand us a Private Message https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage 🙂 

@gpede  Check this out to understand your transaction history: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Mobile-Website-Changes/m-p/18323...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gpede
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I am on a 90 day plan

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Listed prices don't include rewards nor taxes.

Your cc shows the total price after rewards and taxes.

Edit are you on a 90 day plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.