cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card charge

So5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My credit card was charged for an amount that is not my plan.how do I find out what the charge was for ?already checked my payment history

13 REPLIES 13

@Lassek 

Are you registered for autopay? Curious if you are why your autopay reward was not applied? Making the charge $13+tax?

@Lassek wrote:

The amount only shows once on my account but twice on my credit card statement

Hi @Lassek please do not post any personal info in the forums as these are public forums.

Send a screenshot of your credit card statement to the Moderator_Team.  

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Preferred way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • If you find it difficult to send a ticket through the chatbot, send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take from 1 hr to 2 days (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply.

Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Good luck

RosieR

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lassek wrote:

The amount charged is $16.95. This is for a $15 plan +tax

@Lassek   Yes the CC charges include your provincial tax which doesn't appear in the self serve account as it's net of taxes.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lassek wrote:

@Lassek    Is it on the posted CC statement or just your online transaction history of your CC?    Sometime pending charges are listed twice on the online account and will correct to just the one charge after a couple of days.

Lassek

The amount charged is $16.95. This is for a $15 plan +tax

@Lassek 

Do you have two posted transactions? Or one pending and one posted? If there is a pending charge it will probably drop off in a day or two. If its two posted transactions check your account and see if you have the second transaction amount sitting in your balance. If so its best to just leave it to pay for your next renewal as refunds take about a month. If there is no extra funds in your balance then contact the moderstors to issue a refund or credit your account the extra transaction amount. Have your transaction reference #'s to help the moderators trace the extra charge. 

Click the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen and type account specific issue and human then follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Lassek

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Lassek wrote:

My credit card was charged twice for the same amount April 12, 2021

@Lassek    Where do you see the charge, on your CC or in selfserve account?  Are the charges for the same amount.  Did you happen to make any add-on purchases on that date?

Lassek

My credit card was charged twice for the same amount April 12, 2021

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@So5 

Public Mobile's plan and payment amounts will not reflect the associated taxes which vary by province.

But rest assured, the government will always get their taxes, which means we have to pay them..

@So5 

Can you show us a screenshot of your payment history? ( Remove any sensitive account info.) You may just be reading the slightly strange way pm shows its plan charges. For example:

The $15 plan is listed as:   30 DAY PLAN.........................................$10

100 MINUTES CANADA WIDE TALK......$5

The $40 plan is listed as:   30 DAY PLAN.........................................$10

5GB DATA AT 3G SPEED........................$30

Is this what you are seeing that doesn't make sense?

Hi @So5 to add to @will13am 's post above, here are the tax charges per province or territory

taxes.png

Have a nice day

RosieR

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@So5 , are you saying the payment history is different than your credit card charge?  The numbers in the self serve are all pretax.  Does sales tax explain the difference?  

Need Help? Let's chat.