cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused on cost break down ... new member

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just joined Public Mobile and need clarification on how to read the cost breakdown.  Does the below mean my next bill will be $11+tax ?

When I joined I paid my first month $15+tax.  I signed up for autopay, so I assume the first discount of $2 is the autopay for Dec and the available funds of $2 is the autopay discount for November.

Plan cost (including discounts)    $15

Total rewards earned                   ($2)

Available funds in your account   ($2)

As of today your estimated total is $11

Clarification on reading this is appreciated.

22 REPLIES 22

@Dolphin1  Here's how your billing will breakdown going forward....

Upfront you paid $15 for your first month...you will recieve: $10 referral credit+$4 auto pay ($2+$2 for 1st and 2nd month)=$14+$15 (free month credit)=$29 credits and rewards. $29-$15 (2nd month)=$14+$2 (autopay)=$16-$15 (3rd month)=$1+$2 (autopay)=$3-$15=(-$12) you will owe $12 on your fourth month (renewal) which will be February 28th. BTW...you receive the double autopay reward on your second renewal because the system can't calculate it until after you pay and activate. Afterwards it shows in your rewards until converted upon renewal into your balance and applied before payment is taken.

These three threads have been merged together.

Dolphin1

@popping wrote:

@Dolphin1 

Your next payment from your autopay cc is calculated as below:

Plan cost - available fund - loyalty reward - autopay reward - community reward - refer-a-friend reward 

Your next renewal payment from your cc = $15 - $12 AF - $0 LR - $2 AR - $0 CR - $0 RR = $1

Thank you so much for your explanation.  It makes it easier to understand.  I'm still learning as I'm new to the cell phone world.

It takes awhile to understand and even then can be confusing. You received $10 direct to available funds, likely for being referred. You also received $2 direct to available funds to reimburse you for paying full price even though you set up Autopay. 

The Rewards area shows your all regular rewards you accumulate during this 30 day cycle. Everything that accumulates here will be moved up to and added to "available funds" just as your monthly renewal is being processed. So far $2 has been put there as your Autopay credit for your next renewal as you have Autopay set up to pay that bill even though it might not result in a charge to your credit card. Any more rewards that come in before your next renewal will land in the rewards area but you may have more funds arrive direct into Available Funds such as a credit to make next month free.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dolphin1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dolphin1 

Didn't you have this question just the other day?

The front page doesn't calculate any rewards. Perhaps because they can change.

The rewards page is your current net owing wrt rewards that you're in line for.

I'm sorry if I did.  I'm new to this and trying to wrap my head around the set up, billing and rewards I received.

I suppose even that rewards page could change if something changes. There are two flavours of inputs of these things.

1. credits = money deposited into your Available Funds

2. rewards = rewards that you get that get rolled into Available Funds at renewal time. Then the renewal uses what it can get from Available Funds and then it would try to go to autopay if insufficient.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dolphin1 

Your next payment from your autopay cc is calculated as below:

Plan cost - available fund - loyalty reward - autopay reward - community reward - refer-a-friend reward 

Your next renewal payment from your cc = $15 - $12 AF - $0 LR - $2 AR - $0 CR - $0 RR = $1

Dolphin1

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dolphin1 

I'm sorry if I did.  I'm new to this and trying to wrap my head around the set up, billing and rewards I received.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dolphin1 

@Dolphin1 wrote:

This is show under available funds on the overview page:

• Available Funds: $12.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Dec 30, 2019
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
  • Amount Owing: $3.00

If I click on rewards this is what it shows:

Rewards

As of today your estimated payment is: $1Your next plan cycle starts: Dec 30, 2019
Plan Cost (Including Discounts) $15
Total Rewards earned
($2)
As of today your estimated payment is:

$1
Actual amount may change based on account activity prior to your payment due date.
10 day plans are not eligible for rewards.
Want to reduce your payment even more? Find out more here.

What do I truly owe on my next bill ?  I am new to PM and the billing area is confusing me.

Looks like your next renewal will want $1 after all is done.

Dolphin1

This is show under available funds on the overview page:

• Available Funds: $12.00
  • Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Dec 30, 2019
  • Payment for Next Cycle: $15.00
  • Amount Owing: $3.00

If I click on rewards this is what it shows:

Rewards

As of today your estimated payment is: $1Your next plan cycle starts: Dec 30, 2019
Plan Cost (Including Discounts) $15
Total Rewards earned
($2)
As of today your estimated payment is:

$1
Actual amount may change based on account activity prior to your payment due date.
10 day plans are not eligible for rewards.
Want to reduce your payment even more? Find out more here.

What do I truly owe on my next bill ?  I am new to PM and the billing area is confusing me.

@Dolphin1  Your credits should be applied within the next 48 hours if your $10 credit hasn't already. Most likely by the end of business on Monday. A little push to your friends on the great deal offered until tomorrow but if theyre hesitant a xmas deal should come about and hopefully the $20 refer a friend credit should still be around.

Dolphin1

@Ed404 wrote:

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Sorry I'm still confused the autopay credit for the current month always shows up on the next month ?  Should it not be credited for the current month ?

For example, in December I should have the autopay credit for Nov (my sign up month) plus the autopay credit for December and pay $11+tax.  Then with my $10 referral credit I would actually be charged $1+tax for December ?

This would not include my 2nd month free promo, which is ok, as I am just trying to understand the normal billing process.  I promise I will get this soon lol.

The autopay reward doesn't apply to the first month for reasons I don't know. However, December will be free which the system doesn't tell you, if it does charge you in December contact the moderators. January will cost you $1 using the sum of your credits and after that each month will regularly cost $13 ($2 autopay reward).

It's just that the first few months especially with rewards and a free month make it even more confusing.

Thank you so much that explanation really helps me understand what is going on with the account.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dolphin1 wrote:

Sorry I'm still confused the autopay credit for the current month always shows up on the next month ?  Should it not be credited for the current month ?

For example, in December I should have the autopay credit for Nov (my sign up month) plus the autopay credit for December and pay $11+tax.  Then with my $10 referral credit I would actually be charged $1+tax for December ?

This would not include my 2nd month free promo, which is ok, as I am just trying to understand the normal billing process.  I promise I will get this soon lol.

The autopay reward doesn't apply to the first month for reasons I don't know. However, December will be free which the system doesn't tell you, if it does charge you in December contact the moderators. January will cost you $1 using the sum of your credits and after that each month will regularly cost $13 ($2 autopay reward).

It's just that the first few months especially with rewards and a free month make it even more confusing.

Dolphin1

@Dunkman wrote:

@Dolphin1 

The billing system can be confusing at first.  

Your 2nd autopay will show up on your available balance on your next renewal date.  The 2nd month credit should also be in your avaiable funds within 72 hours.  

@Dolphin1 

The billing system can be confusing at first.  

Your 2nd autopay will show up on your available balance on your next renewal date.  The 2nd month credit should also be in your avaiable funds within 72 hours.  

Dolphin1

Yesterday after I signed up the file showed I paid $15, then there was a credit for $2 and another $2 credit.  I posted and was told that was my auto pay for Nov and Dec.

Now the account has been updated with the referral bonus I got for signing up and shows the following:

$15 payment to the account

$2 autopay reward

$10 referral credit

My amount owing for Dec is $3

My question is when I am charged in Dec will the the Dec autopay reward show again for next month ? Sorry for all the questions, as this is all new to me.

Also, with the Black Friday special I was to get the second month free.  Will this be reflected for Dec ?

@Dolphin1 

The trick is to be pushy without being TOO pushy! The clock is running on this deal so that supplies some urgency. Some aspects of this promo are likely to be extended, likely through to Jan 1 like last year but personally I doubt all parts will be extended or at least not for all plans, especially low monthly $ plans.

AE_Collector

Dolphin1

@darlicious wrote:

@Dolphin1If you find a friend to refer with the bonus $20 credit your next 2 renewals will be $0 owing and $2 owing.

I have told a couple of people about it and they seem interested, so perhaps once they decide.  I'm waiting for my "free second month" to be applies, as well as my $10 friend sign up bonus.

@Dolphin1If you find a friend to refer with the bonus $20 credit your next 2 renewals will be $0 owing and $2 owing.

Dolphin1

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dolphin1 wrote:

I just joined Public Mobile and need clarification on how to read the cost breakdown.  Does the below mean my next bill will be $11+tax ?

When I joined I paid my first month $15+tax.  I signed up for autopay, so I assume the first discount of $2 is the autopay for Dec and the available funds of $2 is the autopay discount for November.

You have it right.

Welcome to PM.

Thank you for clarifying the above.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Dolphin1  Yes, that is correct your next bill will be $11 plus tax.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dolphin1 wrote:

You have it right.

Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.