cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged for the wrong plan

BajaBrenda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

At my last autorenew Public mobile charged me for the 90 day plan on 2 accounts when I had changed to the 30 day plan.

Any ideas on how I contact them to get a refund other than filing a dispute with my credit card company?

7 REPLIES 7

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BajaBrendaHope you issue resolved soon!

BajaBrenda

OK thanks I've messaged the moderator.

@BajaBrenda wrote:

No, that's not what I mean. Here's the steps:

1. Historically I was signed up for the 90 day plan for the last couple years no problem love the service.

2. PRIOR to the rebill cycle at end of July, I changed my plan to a 30 day plan. I signed out and back in after making the change to make sure the change stuck because the site is buggy.

3. Now about 30 days later I've signed in and MAGIC they switched me back to the 90 day plan without my permission.

I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THE 90 DAY PLAN. So strickly speaking they made a billing error.

NOTE: this applied to 2 accounts, 2 different phone numbers for myself and my partner. 

@BajaBrenda For account issues best to message the moderators. If they messed up they should makes it right. Do not call you credit card company until you hear back from PM because it will only make matters worse.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

BajaBrenda

No, that's not what I mean. Here's the steps:

1. Historically I was signed up for the 90 day plan for the last couple years no problem love the service.

2. PRIOR to the rebill cycle at end of July, I changed my plan to a 30 day plan. I signed out and back in after making the change to make sure the change stuck because the site is buggy.

3. Now about 30 days later I've signed in and MAGIC they switched me back to the 90 day plan without my permission.

I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THE 90 DAY PLAN. So strickly speaking they made a billing error.

NOTE: this applied to 2 accounts, 2 different phone numbers for myself and my partner. 

BajaBrenda

Yes, I understand plans are non-refundable. This is NOT what I'm referring too actually. Please reread my post.

If Public Mobile are randomly charging me for the wrong plan because of the website (before the upgrade) being so broken they have charged me incorrectly. What stops them from charging me again and again for anything that I don't want?? 

The whole point is to pick the plan you want and get charged for that.

I don't want to be charged for something that I didn't pick. That's not correct and that's bad business too.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Do you mean when you change plan for your account, it auto change your second account to make the plan change? you can send private message to MOD team, they might credit to your account, you can used for your next bill payment.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@BajaBrendaFor all accounting matters you will need to talk to a moderators via this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Expect 48 hours for them to get back to you.

However do note in the Terms of Service, plans are non refundable

Need Help? Let's chat.