cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing my plan

Brandinium
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm currently on a 90-day plan (renewed recently) and, while I'm quite happy with it, I only have province-wide calling and I now see all the plans have nation-wide calling.  If I change my plan now, will it come into effect at the end of the 90 days or should I wait until closer to the renewal date?

Thank you very much.

Brandi

11 REPLIES 11

Brandinium

Thank you so much! I decided to make the switch (at the end of my billing cycle) based on your advice 🙂 

@Brandinium 

Nothing to worry about with loyalty, or referral rewards. You wouldn’t lose anything. Some more recent promotional plans had limitations on switching to other plans but if you are on a 90 day plan still, you aren’t involved with any of those newer promotions.

AE_Collector

Brandinium

@AE_Collector Thank you so much for the added information!  I looked at my current plan and it seems I only have 3G data at the moment so not big change there.  I have much more data than I currently need (3 +3 Gb/90 days) but I'm almost always within wi-fi range.  

Now just to figure out if I get to keep my loyalty rewards if I change the plan... I think I saw another thread about this so I might need to do some community searching 😉

Thank you again!

@Brandinium 

To expand on what @ShawnC13  mentioned about purchasing the 500 minutes of Canada wide calling for $5... Your current included plan minutes would be used whenever you call within your province but and calls you make outside if your province but still within Canada would use your Canada calling add-on Costing you 1c per minute. If you don’t do a lot of calling that uses the add-on The cost would be very low. And the 500 minute add-on remains on your account until you have used up all the minutes when you then can by another for $5.

On the flip side, Many or even most of us here really don’t notice the reduced Data speed on the current plans. So if you would actually save money going with 3 - 30 day plans instead of 1 - 90 day plan, you may be further ahead going that route.

AE_Collector

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Brandinium wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently on a 90-day plan (renewed recently) and, while I'm quite happy with it, I only have province-wide calling and I now see all the plans have nation-wide calling.  If I change my plan now, will it come into effect at the end of the 90 days or should I wait until closer to the renewal date?

Thank you very much.

Brandi

You have the option to Change plan now but you'll forfeit whatever talk/text/data balance you currently have.

You can Change at my next renewal. If you change at next renewal, your current plan will run until its regular renewal date. Also, if you wish to call Canada wide, you can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Any add-on minutes will stay on your account until you use them up...even if that takes several months or longer.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can change your plan either immediately or on next renewal.  It is recommended that you change on next renewal so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Brandinium

Thank you for the extra info 🙂  I will have to weigh the two options.  I'm glad to know that I can avoid double-paying if I do decide to change plans.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Brandinium wrote:

Hello,

Thank you very much.

Brandi

You can go into your self serve and select a change plan on the next renewal date.  If you change now you would lose all that you have paid for the next 90 days and have to pay for the 30 days on the new plan. So your plan is Province-wide but it is also full-speed LTE data.  The 30-day plans are the LTE throttled speed.  There is another option you can also buy the Canada minutes for $5 and that gives you 500 Canada wide minutes and you can keep your current plan if that works for you.   The minutes don't expire until fully consumed.  So you just have to decide what works better for you Canada wide calling and slower data speeds or full LTE and purchase an add-on to get Canada wide calling.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

shaker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can change your plan now, but choose to set it up such a way that it will come into effect only at end of 90 day period.

When you click on Change your Plan, PM gives you that choice!

Regards.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Brandinium 

I would recommend changing at next renewal date if you want to change plans. PM does not pro-rate plans.  If you change earlier, you will lose whateer is remaining on your 90 day plan. 

However, you should be aware that you are likely on the LTE data plan, so if you change, you will be switched to 3G data.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Brandinium when you change plan, there are 2 options - one is to change right now, and the other is to change on the next renewal date. If you select the next renewal date, you will save money. Just make sure your account has enough $ to cover the cost of your new plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.