cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling

dave2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, could someone please provide the link for the best "Everything you need to know about cancelling your Public Mobile account" post?

That would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

cjf657
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you all , again PM is great and I have recommended PM to many. 

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cjf657 wrote:

I ported my two phones to rogers today, and removed my credit card from public, but I can't remember if I stopped auto payments, and now PM will not let me log in or change my password, Have I inevertantly cancelled? and will be ok 

@cjf657 : If you removed the card then there's nothing for autopay to use. iirc autopay automatically toggles off when the card is removed anyway.

Edit: answered and replied... 🙂

cjf657

loved PM but they don't  have plan for watches, the prices and service is great.

@cjf657  You should be fine. Since you removed the card from file that automatically removes auto-pay since system has no card to charge. Also once you port out your account is automatically closed.

See you when you come back to PM eventually. Most people do 😂

Happy Holidays!

cjf657

I ported my two phones to rogers today, and removed my credit card from public, but I can't remember if I stopped auto payments, and now PM will not let me log in or change my password, Have I inevertantly cancelled? and will be ok 

dave2

oh, sorry, my last reply was to @stonechucker 

dave2

@kelvarnsen 

Re: porting out. Good advice, and that's exactly what I did. Went very smoothly. 

@kelvarnsen wrote:

Wouldn't porting your number to another service also effectively cancel your PM account?

@kelvarnsen, in theory, yes, it does.  However, there have been issues previously where credit cards were still charged after porting out, and that should never happen,

@dave2, if you wish to take your number with you, make sure you port out before your plan is no longer active.  The number must still be working if you wish to port out.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wouldn't porting your number to another service also effectively cancel your PM account?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@dave2 wrote:

Hi, could someone please provide the link for the best "Everything you need to know about cancelling your Public Mobile account" post?

@dave2 

I can tell you're fixated on cancelling your Public Mobile account and I understand your frustrated. Before you do go, tell us why you're leaving and what brought this on. Is there something that the Community can do to help get your service up and running again or is it too late for that ?

Good luck wherever you land up.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dave2 wrote:

I was hoping it would be that simple. THANKS!

You're welcome @dave2.

dave2

I was hoping it would be that simple. THANKS!

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dave2 wrote:

Hi @dave2 you would just stop paying and remove AutoPay (if it's setup) and the account will eventually be deactivated after 90 days of no payment. 

Need Help? Let's chat.