cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation and remove my autopay

nelsonliunan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot login to my account because I transferred my public mobile# xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to Shaw mobile today on Nov 1, 2020.  Can you please to remove my auto pay in my account in case you will auto charge me in error. Thanks!

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

10 REPLIES 10

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@EJF  great glad it worked.

So at next payment due date the system will not be able to collect the funds and the account will go to suspended status. 90 days in the status the account is deleted and number is gone. If your brother does return and wants the same number then set a reminder around 85 day mark to reactivate the account for 30 days of service. Pick the $15 plan. Then once account goes suspended after those 30 days then you have another 90 days in suspended status. If you don't need that number anymore account will be deleted in 90 days after system does not collect next payment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@EJF as @JK8 mentioned you might be able to call that number to remove auto-pay but I believe you'd need to know the 4 digit pin. (Not certain though)

Yes you can and yes you do. It's basically a toggle.

Edit: problem solved!!

EJF

@JK8
I called the number and that worked.
Thank you very much for the help. Very much appreciated.

@Jb456
I did need to know the PIN, and I had it.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@EJF as @JK8 mentioned you might be able to call that number to remove auto-pay but I believe you'd need to know the 4 digit pin. (Not certain though)

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@EJF wrote:

I got my brother a SIM card and plan while he was in visiting from overseas and it was set to be prepaid from account every month. My brother had not setup an online account and is now back overseas with the SIM card. I cannot login to check or change anything on the plan and will keep getting charged for a plan no longer in use. I have the account details, account #, name, date activated, etc. Can someone please help me find a way to remove the preauthorize payments and/or close the account.

Can you call 1-855-4PUBLIC to remove autopay?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@EJF  Contact moderator's they work for PM the forums you're posting on we are just customers like you. 

To reach them you have two options. You probably should use option 2 in this case.

Simon.JPG

2 send a private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They'll respond to your inbox on these forums the envelope top rightish.

EJF

I got my brother a SIM card and plan while he was in visiting from overseas and it was set to be prepaid from account every month. My brother had not setup an online account and is now back overseas with the SIM card. I cannot login to check or change anything on the plan and will keep getting charged for a plan no longer in use. I have the account details, account #, name, date activated, etc. Can someone please help me find a way to remove the preauthorize payments and/or close the account.

The account will be closed automatically once the number port is successful.

Your credit card will not be charged once the account is closed. AutoPay will be terminated.

AutoPay might charge you one more time to renew your prepaid plan if the billing cycle happens while the number port is in progress (before the account is closed).

This would just be bad timing/planning, the payment would be "wasted" on some or all of a billing cycle you won't be able to use (because the plan cycle will eventually be halted when it transfers service to your new provider), but it can't be avoided because your number has to be active to be ported. Your best option in this instance would be to login Self-Serve and "change plan at next renewal" to the cheapest PM plan available, waste as little money as possible.

Mobile number ports can take minutes, hours, or days to transfer. CRTC allows them to take up to 10 business days (or more under certain conditions in certain territories). You can also expect a few business days of incoming/outgoing number mixups or malfunctions before all the nation-wide network machinery is fully updated, especially with calls outside your local calling area, especially if "your" phone number was originally issued to a different number block in a different calling area.

Public Mobile (like every other Canadian wireless operator) does not issue any pro-rated refunds for unused portions of prepaid plans. They also do not refund any funds/balance in account, do not refund unused Add-ons, and do not refund or credit any Rewards which haven't yet been issued.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @nelsonliunan 

Please click on the 3-dots (on the right on your post) to edit and remove your phone number.

Once your port request completed, you can no longer access your PM account as it is already closed. The good news is there shouldn't be any more new charges on your account.

If you happen to notice any charges in error, just contact Moderators and they will happily refund it to you.

@nelsonliunan wrote:

I cannot login to my account because I transferred my public mobile# xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to Shaw mobile today on Nov 1, 2020.  Can you please to remove my auto pay in my account in case you will auto charge me in error. Thanks!

There really shouldn't be any need to remove credit card as there is no activate plan and your Public Mobile account is now closed. If you do get charged, then come back here for advice.  If you wish, you can send a private message to the moderators, but it shouldn't be needed. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.