cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I pause my number for a year and keep the number

lanxiangyu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be overseas for a while and can I just keep my number and plan? as I have earn quite rewards so i do not wish to give up my current plan. 

thank you

6 REPLIES 6

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can't pause your account for a year.

What you can try to do is pause it for 90 days, activate your autopay for 1 month and then pause it for another 90 days and pay for 1 month and do the cycle all over again untill you need it.  Although I am not really clear if you are allowed to pause 90 days out of 365 days of the year or 90 days at a time (which is what technically you will be doing with this cycle).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lanxiangyu please see @Luddite's guide to extended absences:  Luddite's Extended Absence

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lanxiangyu 

If you just want to keep your number and don't want to keep your PM plan, it is cheaper to port your number to 7-11 Speakout for $25 per year.  SO minimum topup is $25 and last for 1 year.  SO charge $1.25 per month fixed charge which cost $15/yr.  Remember to topup $25 every 12 months.  Otherwise, your SO account will be canceled and your number will be gone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lanxiangyu wrote:

I will be overseas for a while and can I just keep my number and plan? as I have earn quite rewards so i do not wish to give up my current plan. 

thank you

@lanxiangyu  DIsable AutoPay and don't renew your plan. On day 85 re-activate your account.If you will be away for more than 90 days keep repeating  thisprocess  until you return.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lanxiangyu wrote:

thank you

You can suspend your account for 90 days (120 days after last payment) at a time, but make sure to pay the plan  amount around days 85-88 to stop it getting de-activated and losing your number.

You'll need to remove any CC on file, but if you have funds in your account balance, they will be debited to pay for the payment cycle.  In that case you would need to report your phone as lost/stolen to suspend any payments being taken from the balance.  But you would still need to pay once within the 90 days cycle to stop the account from being lost.

BTW reporting the phone lost/stolen has been reported in losing some autopay rewards and would need moderators help to be restored.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can only suspend your account for a maximum of 90 days.  You could change to a lower cost plan and if your current plan is still available then change it back upon your return.

Need Help? Let's chat.