cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay problems

qcriderfan87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I always wanted to be on autopay, I put a credit card on file, and since then it said I have received 36$ rebates from autopay, it has never once actually been automatic, I always have to go pay manually with that same credit card on the website. 

It indicates that I am not recieving autopay reward, how can I get on autopay? I see no option to start autopay. 

8 REPLIES 8

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

I always wanted to be on autopay, I put a credit card on file, and since then it said I have received 36$ rebates from autopay, it has never once actually been automatic, I always have to go pay manually with that same credit card on the website. 

It indicates that I am not recieving autopay reward, how can I get on autopay? I see no option to start autopay. 

Just by having Auto pay in place will give you $2 off. And can pay any way you want by top up or voucher etc. and will get $2 off. Thus the rebates of $36. I have also heard that your auto pay set up can be invalid as well and still work for the credit, like an expired card, but you won’t know until the card number is put to test.  <= so I have been told. When you are in the top up page, look at the bottom to manage your auto pay. Try another card or contact a mod. Verify the $2 off in your last transaction as it will be a credit of $2 for auto pay. Look also at the bottom of your first page in My Account....does it say you are on Dynamic Auto Pay?

@qcriderfan87 

As @LurganIeUk posted, you should see this at the very bottom of your Overview Tab in your Self Serve account:

macsal_0-1617141996824.png

Then go to your "View Payment History", and you should see this on every renewal:

AutoPay Reward$2.00

If so, then you are getting your Autopay Reward and all should be well.

If you are not seeing the $2 reward line item, but "dynamic Autopay" is selected bring this to the Moderators attention.

Here are two ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@qcriderfan87 wrote:

Just by having Auto pay in place will give you $2 off. And can pay any way you want by top up or voucher etc. and will get $2 off. Thus the rebates of $36. I have also heard that your auto pay set up can be invalid as well and still work for the credit, like an expired card, but you won’t know until the card number is put to test.  <= so I have been told. When you are in the top up page, look at the bottom to manage your auto pay. Try another card or contact a mod. Verify the $2 off in your last transaction as it will be a credit of $2 for auto pay. Look also at the bottom of your first page in My Account....does it say you are on Dynamic Auto Pay?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@qcriderfan87 : Maybe post a screenshot of your Payment history from here (not payment card).

Do you not get renewed overnight of your term end and then the next day are you finding you have no actual service? Why are you making manual payments? Many people do do that to avoid autopay mishaps but it shouldn't be necessary.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@qcriderfan87 

Adding credit or debit card to your autopay allows your to add fund to your account.

You need to make sure that autopay is enabled by checking your overview page is showing $2 next to the AutoPay Reward.

Spudster

@qcriderfan87 

If you are on auto pay, click on your payment tab and see if your credit card is shown there.

It will also say on your self-serve landing page that you are registered for dynamic auto pay.

Then you’ll know you’ll be getting the $2 credit each cycle.

It’s important to note, that you can be on auto pay and still manually make payments each cycle and you will still get the benefit of the $2 per cycle reward as long as there is a registered payment card on the account.

Also, if you have an amount showing in your available balance, that is effectively a credit balance which can be used to pay for future renewals or the purchase of add-ons – if you have an amount there which exceeds your plan amount you need not pay anything the next cycle and the renewal will take from that balance first.

TheGx

@qcriderfan87 :Simply put, since you've already received autopay rewards it means you've successfully registered a card for autopay in the past, go login to self serve to check if that the card to want to use - if it is then you don't have to do anything else, just let it auto deduct monthly and ignore the text messages from Public, unless your service stops working then you have problem.

TheGx

@qcriderfan87 :Login to self serve, if it says you receiving rewards for auto pay it means there a credit card registered already - you can update it to another card if you want.

But if you have a balance in your self serve account from top up vouchers etc, it will automatically deduct there first until it it zero, then deduct your card on file.

So if you want payments to auto deduct just don't use vouchers etc and let it deduct from your card.

sweeneysblade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not sure about this but have you tried removing that card from your profile and then re-entering it? It might be that something went wrong categorizing the data as an Auto-Pay card. 

When I log into My Account, I can see My Rewards (below Account Status) and it includes the Auto-Pay reward there.  So maybe you'll notice that status change tomorrow if you re-enter the card today?

Need Help? Let's chat.