cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay does not work!

ufa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Autopay does not work. It has never worked. Not once. Why? Why? Why? Stupid, stupid, stupid system.

See my previous notes.

I managed to at least get my credit card accepted (see my previous fix for that problem) and I can pay manually now at least. 

But autopay still does not work!

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ufa  AutoPay at Public Mobile is a hit and miss system. Some customers say that it works and others have experienced frustration when their account gets suspended because AutoPay did not work.

It appears to me that the automatic owing feature within AutoPay is severely flawed. My guess is when that routine gets called upon by the PM renewal system there is a timeout limit set and if that procedure does not complete and return a successfull status within the time limit guess what, AP fails and your account gets suspended.Smiley Sad

I have experienced this when making a manual payment. If I use the automatic amount owning and the payment does not complete the famous generic  error ..."Your card is not authorized...blah blah" occurs. When I then select a custom amount everything works fine. Not sure why this occurs best to ask them.

IMHO best to make a manual payment a couple of days before renewal and be safe. When PM makes an announcement that the AutoPay system has been fixed then I will reconsider it,  until then better to be safe than sorry. Smiley Happy

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ufa wrote:

Autopay does not work. It has never worked. Not once. Why? Why? Why? Stupid, stupid, stupid system.

See my previous notes.

I managed to at least get my credit card accepted (see my previous fix for that problem) and I can pay manually now at least. 

But autopay still does not work!

That sure seems to be a growing problem alright. In the meantime, try this. A couple of days before your next renewal, using the valid credit card that's on your account file, manually add your plan costs to Available Funds. I've done this for a year without a hitch. This approach seem to make the renewal process happy.

Granted..we shouldn't have to do this, but until the "autopay glicth' is corrected, give it a go.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ufa 

Some people never have autopay issues, others often get issue. You could contact moderator to see what is happening. 

Other option is to manually load funds 1-2 days prior to due date. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You should contact moderators maybe they can do something

But I would suggest that you don't rely on it, I know many people say it's smooth, but once there is a problem, then you have to deal with suspended account through no fault of yours. When you are paying other bills, login and make sure there is enough for your next cycle. What I do is pay when I get sms notice that payment is coming. I still get my reward as I'm registered for autopay, though u have never had autopay kick in and pay my bill. Maybe I'm nuts but I like to avoid headaches if a can and it's not too much hussle

Need Help? Let's chat.