cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autopay did not work

tess70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Me and my son's payment is due yesterday (Jan 23, 2020) but autopay did not work. My credit card did not get charged for the service but I did successfully set up autopay for us.

Me and my son's line got cut yesterday.
What should I do at this point?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

@tess70  When autopay fails it is very frustrating and most of the time a further $1 payment will trigger the account to work....rather than an entire payment. Then Reboot your phone. I always top up my account manually just before renewal just to offset that small chance of a fail.  I realize it's inconvenient and pm with its cheap plans isn't perfect but the occasional glitch is worth the money we save. You have no worries for next renewal the system always takes from available funds first....autopay is it's last resort.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm sorry that this happened to you. @tess70 . The payment will be used to pay for next month's bill. And you are welcome.

@tess70 wrote:

I have confirmed that the funds that have been paid for twice erroneously are in my Available Funds.
I hope that these funds will be used for our payment next month without error.

Yesterday and today I have been very inconvenienced, Public Mobile should have to fix these bugs quickly.

Thank you.

tess70

I have confirmed that the funds that have been paid for twice erroneously are in my Available Funds.
I hope that these funds will be used for our payment next month without error.

Yesterday and today I have been very inconvenienced, Public Mobile should have to fix these bugs quickly.

Thank you.

@tess70 wrote:

By changing credit cards and trying to pay, the plan came to life again. However, the payment was made twice each. Me and my son.
I'd like to get the double payment back. What should we do?

@tess70  You have two options:

1. Leave the funds in your account and they will be automatically used to pay for your next renewals
  2. Ask for a refund by submitting a ticket to PM. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@tess70  Its best to just leave it on your account fo your next renewal. You can ask for a refund but it will take a month. Check your account to make sure the extra funds are in your balance. Otherwise contact the moderators.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tess70  You will need to contact the mods using the ? lower right and explain the situation.  Cheers

Wow. Sorry about that. Sometimes one is in the pending area. After an hour this disappears and only one charge is made. You can also just leave the money there and you would have paid for next month less your autopay rewards. If this doesn't work for you . Contact a moderator, as mentioned above and ask them to check this, and to reverse the card for the second payment. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon . Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.

@tess70 wrote:

By changing credit cards and trying to pay, the plan came to life again. However, the payment was made twice each. Me and my son.

tess70

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tess70, before trying to switch cards or readding the current card, try doing a manual top up and see if that works.  Sometimes a card added to the account may appear to be fine.  The real test is a manual top up to make sure all is well.  That is what I do when I change credit cards.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tess70  Unfortunately AutoPay is not 100% reliable imo. Access your selfserve make a one-time payment to cover the plan amount and hit the reactivate account button.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tess70 Sorry to hear that this happened to you. You could try switching credit cards etc. You could secure a voucher and apply it to restore your service. While you contact a moderator and explain your situation . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen . This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one. 

@tess70 wrote:

Hello,

Me and my son's payment is due yesterday (Jan 23, 2020) but autopay did not work. My credit card did not get charged for the service but I did successfully set up autopay for us.

Me and my son's line got cut yesterday.
What should I do at this point?

Thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.