cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto-pay isn't accepting Mastercard

aztec
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I can't set up auto-pay using a mastercard.

The name and address I enter matches what mastercard has on file

I get the error message

'unable to process transaction. sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.'

I tried last month with an American Express and was told Public Mobiel doesn't take AMEX. Fine. But now it's not even accepting MC.

13 REPLIES 13

aztec

issuing bank is in Canada

AMEX won't work for me no matter what I tried.

it worked when I tried it again now using another MC

thanks

aztec

it's a house, no apt #\

anyway, it worked when I tried it again now using another MC

thanks.

aztec

thanks, tried that, still didn't work.

it worked when I tried it again just now using another MC

aztec

I used a mastercard, AMEX won't work for me no matter what I tried

aztec

yes, it worked when I tried it again now using another MC

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If your card’s billing address has an apartment number, So you don’t fill out the apartment number box. Apparently that can cause issues. 

Edit: here is a thread with more info:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/My-new-credit-card-cannot-be-...

syphone

I tried to set up auto-pay with my BMO business MC, but I was getting an error message. My personal MC worked fine though. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@aztec wrote:

Hi,

I can't set up auto-pay using a mastercard.

The name and address I enter matches what mastercard has on file

I get the error message

'unable to process transaction. sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.'

I tried last month with an American Express and was told Public Mobiel doesn't take AMEX. Fine. But now it's not even accepting MC.

I used AmEx on one PM account and a MC on another PM account.  Both accounts are working fine and without any problem on renewal date.  Check your address and card number any try again.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@aztec, I think some customers have issues with payment cards when a unit number is entered into the address.  Try with unit number field blank. 

aztec

yes, i'm sure

BarryS
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@aztec My auto-pay is set up using my mastercard, and it is working fine.  I would try again and if it's still not working, perhaps contact your card provider to see if there are issues on their end.  Or, try another card (visa?) if you have one.

CellAid
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Are you sure you're entering in the correct number and expiry date?  My AutoPay is set up with a MasterCard

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@aztec, many users have AMEX cards set up for AutoPay, the initial account sign-up seems to have an issue, but AutoPay itself does work.

MasterCard shouldn't be an issue either.

In both cases, the issuing bank and billing address must be Canadian or the US.  Cards from other countries are not accepted.

Need Help? Let's chat.