cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding funds via credit card

laceydawn81
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

so can i add any amount of funds via credit card at anytime so there will always be funds on my account to cover my balance when its due? say one day i wanna add $10 n then the  two weeks later pay another $15? just easier for me that way to pay n add in advance... or can u only put on certain amounts?

sorry first im customer so trying to figure this all out.

14 REPLIES 14

Muskoka60
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for this description.... it is very clear 😊

@pmcdunnough  Note US roaming add ons start right away....dont purchase them til the day of departure or when you arrive stateside.

@pmcdunnough  Use @hairbag1  advice. If you still have issues come back for more help. While youre in there take the time to add your free 1gb data add on and 400min international calling. They wll be a practice run for your real purchase that will take funds from your account.

@pmcdunnough wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@pmcdunnoughIt is best to think about Public Mobile like an arcade game, you have to put in credits in order to play the game (in the case a plan for 30 days). Autopay uses your credit card to prepay for the 30 day plan that you would need. Alternatively you can manually add credit by making 1 time payment a head of time.

Once you have credit in your account, the system will take out money for your plan, if you don't have enough to cover your plan the system will try to take the rest out of the credit card.

Thanks. Do I have to use a different credit card to add money to the arcade? The autopay one seems to only allow payment for my 30 day plan, and not for funds that would be used to play pinball, or to purchase AddOns.

You'll log into My Account / Make a Payment to add $$ to Available Funds. Those $$ can be used to fund any add-ons you want to purchase (ie 10 Day US Roaming add-on). If you want to just leave it there, the next time your plan renews, it'll take $$ from Available Funds before it goes to your credit card.

pmcdunnough

@GinYVR wrote:

@pmcdunnoughIt is best to think about Public Mobile like an arcade game, you have to put in credits in order to play the game (in the case a plan for 30 days). Autopay uses your credit card to prepay for the 30 day plan that you would need. Alternatively you can manually add credit by making 1 time payment a head of time.

Once you have credit in your account, the system will take out money for your plan, if you don't have enough to cover your plan the system will try to take the rest out of the credit card.

Thanks. Do I have to use a different credit card to add money to the arcade? The autopay one seems to only allow payment for my 30 day plan, and not for funds that would be used to play pinball, or to purchase AddOns.

@pmcdunnough wrote:

Can you add funds using the card that is there for autopay? Do you have to choose other amount so that it doesn’t think you are paying an upcoming bill? It’s really a bit confusing.

If you have Autopay, you can stil do a manual top up. You can top up any even dollar amount. The balance will stay in your account until needed.

pmcdunnough

Can you add funds using the card that is there for autopay? Do you have to choose other amount so that it doesn’t think you are paying an upcoming bill? It’s really a bit confusing.

Yes that's exactly what is supposed to happen. System checks how much you have on. your acount and autopay takes out enough to cover the positive difference, if it's 0 or less autopay never kicks in

laceydawn81

@totalUser  i thought bout auto pay. so u mean i can set up auto pay n if the money is already in my account to cover the next month bill then it will take that n not taking extra out from auto pay?  hmm thats a good idea.. thanks for the info lol

laceydawn81

@popping awesome and yes i agree i wouldnt be adding like $100 or anything each time. just easier for me to split my next month bill up in two amounts to pay... 

i have always used other pre paid companies that u could only put the amount needed n u had to do it every month or u would lose any money that was on ur account.. i like this how if u have enough to cover the next month then u dont need to add anymore money.. def helps me that way.. as i get this month free by while i have the money for the month after i wanted to add that money but wanted to make sure i could n wouldnt lose it etc like other companies seem to do or they expire after so long. thanks again

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @laceydawn81 and welcome to public:)

That's often what i do

I enabled autopay so that i receive discounts but i never let it autopay. I try to have enough on my account as soon as possible. I usually pay when I'm paying other bills, but when i get sms that it's due i also login to check and make sure everything is in order.

If you do put too much and you decide to leave you still can get the refund if the moneyn wss not used to pay for a plan. Refund takes weeks apparently. Once the money is used for a billing cycle, good luck getting it back

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@laceydawn81 

Yes, you can add fund any time and as much as you want.

You can add fund online or dial 611 from your PM phone.

Please note that PM is a prepaid service provider.  Therefore, there is no refund when you cancel your PM plan.  Don't add too much fund to your account to create a virtual contract for a long time.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@laceydawn81 wrote:

so can i add any amount of funds via credit card at anytime so there will always be funds on my account to cover my balance when its due? say one day i wanna add $10 n then the  two weeks later pay another $15? just easier for me that way to pay n add in advance... or can u only put on certain amounts?

sorry first im customer so trying to figure this all out.

It's entirely upto you to add whatever amounts you want to your account balance and they will be there to pay the monthly plan fee or to purchase add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.