cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation without payment?

Rastaman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can i activate a new sim without making a payment right away or delay making a payment?

i am giving a phone and plan as a gift and, ideally, would not want to make the payment start until christmas eve.

3 REPLIES 3

@Rastaman Since there is a referral promo going on, you would want to take advantage of that by activating the lowest $10 plan before. You will have to pay this amount but you will get the $25 credit for both parties. After activating on the $10 plan, you can schedule a plan change to whatever plan you want on the renewal date. You can plan this by activating the sim about 11 days before you gift it. The $25 credit will be used for the 2nd renewal on a new plan. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc wrote:

@Rastaman wrote:

can i activate a new sim without making a payment right away or delay making a payment?

i am giving a phone and plan as a gift and, ideally, would not want to make the payment start until christmas eve.

@RastamanThis is prepaid. You pay before. Not after.

Keep the phone / sim with you and activate it yourself on christmas eve.

There can be activation problems, so if its a gift its better to activate early to make sure everything goes smooth. If you are shipping the present, you can record the sim card number, ship it to the person then activate it later without having the phone / sim card and send them instructions after you set it up.

@Rastaman

If you want to take advantage of the current $25 referral credit, you can activate a new plan before Dec 16.  You have time to make sure that everything is working before Christmas eve.  I am sure that you have better things to do than activate a new plan.  Make sure that you activate your new plan online only if you want to take advantage of the $25 referral credit.  Please note that you get only $10 referral credit if you activate your new plan in-store.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Rastaman wrote:

@RastamanThis is prepaid. You pay before. Not after.

Keep the phone / sim with you and activate it yourself on christmas eve.

There can be activation problems, so if its a gift its better to activate early to make sure everything goes smooth. If you are shipping the present, you can record the sim card number, ship it to the person then activate it later without having the phone / sim card and send them instructions after you set it up.

Need Help? Let's chat.