cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspension

Brent2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been with public a month. The following is the same issue i had with lucky mobile. I had heard that public was the best. I beg to differ.  Im now unjustly suspended for publics error. This was my new business number. Public has successfully shut my business down for over a week. They attempted to pull from my account the monthly plan due three days before the plan was actually due. . I set up the direct debit account as they asked obviously not enough for them. So not only am i now out of business I now cant get help or find the help to solve this since there is no call centre. Im thinking i should pay more to the big three for the call centre convenience. This is crazy. If theres anyone really out there that reads this stuff could you please help me here. Maybe i can get back to work. Is public willing to pay me for the amount of monies lost over this last week?

5 REPLIES 5

@Brent2, I'm going to agree with the other posts here regarding using Public Mobile as a business line - do not use it for this purpose.

I do believe Public Mobile to be a great service, now starting my 4th consecutive year of service, starting Summer of 2016.  AutoPay or not, I watch my "My Account" page weekly, and ensure I know what's going on, and to be expected.

Relying on AutoPay isn't always a good option - sometimes topping up ahead is a good choice - especially on weekend renewals.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just a FYI You will need to reactivate a plan if you want to port out. 

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Brent2 wrote:

Been with public a month. The following is the same issue i had with lucky mobile. I had heard that public was the best. I beg to differ.  Im now unjustly suspended for publics error. This was my new business number. Public has successfully shut my business down for over a week. They attempted to pull from my account the monthly plan due three days before the plan was actually due. . I set up the direct debit account as they asked obviously not enough for them. So not only am i now out of business I now cant get help or find the help to solve this since there is no call centre. Im thinking i should pay more to the big three for the call centre convenience. This is crazy. If theres anyone really out there that reads this stuff could you please help me here. Maybe i can get back to work. Is public willing to pay me for the amount of monies lost over this last week?

I would not recommend PM for mission critical numbers, but I would look to the packages their parent company offers.  Telus offers 24/7 phone tech support, hence the price difference.

Your phone plan is a taxable deduction from your revenue, if this helps.

Brent2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@GinYVR wrote:

@Brent2Honestly you really should not listen to anyone who said "Public Mobile is the best" those people don't know what they are talking about.

Public Mobile plans are 30 days in length and not month, so renew date changes.

You can reactivate account without moderator intervention by logging into your selfserve account, add more cash and reactivate your account. Or you can buy a voucher at any corner store and activate via *611 or #611.

I won't recommend Public Mobile for business use because even if you contact the Moderator Team via this link it can take them up to 48 hours to respond based on volume and priority. Since this is a lowest tier of service provider, lack of support is one of the pressure points for people to pay for a higher tier. Think about this as basic economy on flights.

Thx so much. I think you just helped me make up my mind. Obviously wrong carrier. That for help really. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Brent2Honestly you really should not listen to anyone who said "Public Mobile is the best" those people don't know what they are talking about. Best service is always with Telus, Bell and Rogers when you pay $120/month, they will bring the phones all setup for you.

Public Mobile plans are 30 days in length and not month, so renewal date changes. It is displayed on the selfserve account.

You can reactivate account without moderator intervention by logging into your selfserve account, add more cash and reactivate your account. Or you can buy a voucher at any corner store and reactivate via *611 or #611. Both situations I would caution if you are no happy with the service.

I won't recommend Public Mobile for business use because even if you contact the Moderator Team via this link it can take them up to 48 hours to respond based on volume and priority. Since this is a lowest tier of service providers, lack of support is one of the pressure points for people to pay for a higher tier. Think about this as basic economy on flights.

Need Help? Let's chat.