cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspended, new credit card, cannot log in to selfserve to update card details

JR_015
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I registered with Public Mobile last September. I use the AutoPay option. Every month I get a text from Public Mobile reminding me to pay my account, then telling me to ignore the message if I use AutoPay. So I get good at ignoring texts from Public Mobile, yes...?

Last month I was issued a new credit card. (Card provider does this every few years.) Three days ago my cell service stopped working. Received a Public Mobile text that my plan did not renew because my payment was not received. Told me to make a payment at selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Tried to do this multiple times. Selfserve will not let me log in to my account. "Sorry, your log in attempt failed. Please try again." Not once, not twice but every time for 3 days. 

Stupid chatbot asks me do I have a selfserve account or not. Does not understand, "I don't know."

Deeply frustrated. Has taken me 3 days to navigate the system to this point. I do not understand how to make it work. I need to get my cell service up and running again. I require 'real people' (human!) assistance.

34 REPLIES 34

Sotiredofthis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm deeply frustrated, too, for the same reason. Somebody seems to have asked, "How hard can we possibly make it to do a simple thing?", and a committee worked for months to came up with this messterpiece. Their protestations to the contrary, they must hate their loyal customers. We're done.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JR_015    Thanks for updating your thread to let us know that you got it all sorted.

JR_015

Oh my goodness... MORE stuff to deal with. (Me laughing...!) I just got over the last one... 😉

Thanks for the tip. This can wait until after breakfast. 🙂

@JR_015 

Now that you have access to your account you can take screenshots of the last 180 days of your payment history. Its also good to take them of your overview before and after your renewal so you can make your account resets properly.

And if pm continues their "more the merrier" campaign come Christmas time you will be able to log in and claim your free add on gifts. You've been missing out!

JR_015

Yup, turned out to be the case. All the angst musta been good for something; I mean heck, I got to meet that idiot SIMon... 😞

More to the point, I learned a bit about navigating this community and the support from all of you to learn 'the system'.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @JR_015 ,

Perhaps you have not created a Self Serve account to begin with? This would have been the case if you activated in-store.

Register for a Self Serve account link here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

@JR_015 

Great to hear that your issue was finally worked out.

It was a learning curve for most of us and we want to pass on our experience to people in the Community that needs help.

Maybe you should set a reminder on your phone on your next CC expiry date…maybe I should do it too!

@JR_015   the greatest news here is your issue is resolved and you are back "connected"

Happy to help.  Enjoy. 

JR_015

Thanks to all in the community who contributed insight and assistance with patience and courtesy to help me find my way through this today. Issue resolved. With 2020 hindsight, what was confusing at the time seems so much simpler now. @darlicious @hTideGnow @Anonymous @dabr @BKNS27 

@JR_015 

Everyone. If you want to speak privately then you must do it thru private messaging. But don't worry I was exactly like you when I first joined nearly two years ago. I will send you a private message so you can easily contact me by hitting reply to my message. If you are keen to learn we fall over ourselves to help teach you!

JR_015

@Anonymous- All good information... My learning curve feels like something leaving (vertically) from Cape Canaveral...

JR_015

@darlicious- Thank you for this very clear and full response. I'm learning (slowly) how to navigate around this forum. Very much appreciate also your comments on privacy. I admit to being more than a little apprehensive about public/private aspects of these communications. For example: who can see this exchange? Is it just you/me or is it open to others as well?

@JR_015 wrote:

I am ecstatic to hear that Public Mobile actually DOES have employees! I had begun to suspect the corporate ethos was to consign us all to the scant mercies of artificial (un)intelligence.

Actually, not 100% sure. We can only believe the Mod are live person.  I don't think anyone of us saw them in person and listened their live voice.  We just saw the reply in writing.  It can still be a very intelligent robot that can write like a human.  LoL.

JR_015

@dabr- multi bravo (brava?) to you. To misquote Neil Armstrong, "One small step for old man, one grave left for mankind..."

I am ecstatic to hear that Public Mobile actually DOES have employees! I had begun to suspect the corporate ethos was to consign us all to the scant mercies of artificial (un)intelligence. Had been expecting to hear (in Domesday and sepulchral tones) from HAL... Reference: late-mid-last-century film about projected future (now past).

Whew...!

@JR_015 

Use this method to contact the moderators and put "Account suspended need access to update credit card" in the subject line. Include your new credit card info and your billing statements address copied exactly ( including ALL CAPS if necessary) and ask them to update your card. 

Pull out your old card that is registered for autopay as you will likely need info from it if you don't remember the 4 digit account pin # you chose at activation. You will be able to reset the pin # if you can answer other identity verifying questions they will ask you.

Once the moderators update your card and allow the account pin # change you can pay and reactivate your plan thru 611. Once your services are activated you can set up your self serve account by recieving the 6 digit alphanumeric code that is sent by text message to your phone.

Send a private message...   Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_015 : I would still recommend using vouchers and the 611 service if only just to get services back.

Many stores have them. A couple websites have them. Get enough (or more) than your plan cost. You can get multiples to add up.

Another option is Instant Top-Up at a couple stores.

Stores might only know the "cell minutes" term but they're called vouchers.

Then you can move on to fiddling with all the account stuff.

JR_015

@hTideGnow- Thank you for this. The journey continues...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JR_015 wrote:

Thank you for this @dabr Another small step forward.

I do appreciate this. I do not understand yet who are the moderators or how to contact them, nor was I aware I have an 'avatar' (or what it is).

I do not recognize the term 'privacy/incognoto mode', so don't know how I would do this.

@JR_015    We all had a learning curve (well I did anyway) when we first started to post here, so nothing to worry about.

So the moderators are actually PM employees and they will be able to access your account and help you get back access and anything else required to get your service back working.

Two ways to contact them is the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen and the second option is private message which is that envelope icon top right of this screen and in the address field type in Moderator_Team and then proceed to the subject heading and then type in your issue.  Once the moderator responds, the message will appear in that envelope icon.  Officially timeline to hear back is 2-48 hours, but generally most of the time it's under an hour so best to keep checking back to see if you've "got mail".  😊

Always a good idea to clear your cache/cookies before making any changes to your account.  The private/icognito mode is the 3 horizontal dots/lines on the top right of your browser which brings down a menu of options.  Choose the private mode (might be different wording) and then log into your My Account, once you have access to it.  Good luck!

Edit:  Oh, the avatar is simply the picture icon next to your username...

Moderator are basically customer service.  But the only way to reach them is via opening ticket with chatbot.

I suggest you to open the ticket and have them sort your our account issue.  See if you have setup the "My Account" yet.  If so, they can help to reset the password.

Click on the Chatbot icon on the lower right  : 

hTideGnow_0-1626024488453.png

type this and click this to get to opening ticket

type: Forgot log in information
Click "Contact Us"
Click "Click her to submit a ticket"

you will then direct to another page to open ticket.
There, you will be prompted to enter COMMUNITY Login (NOT My Account/Self-Serve) to validate your identity,  (in your case , your community id is JR_015   

Keep checking the Community inbox, you can get there by clicking on the envelope icon:

hTideGnow_0-1626022351274.png

Moderator will use Community Inbox to work with you 

JR_015

Thank you for this @dabr Another small step forward.

I do appreciate this. I do not understand yet who are the moderators or how to contact them, nor was I aware I have an 'avatar' (or what it is).

I do not recognize the term 'privacy/incognoto mode', so don't know how I would do this.

JR_015

Yes z10user4, I do understand that. And I appreciate your efforts to assist me. And I reckon you're getting that my learning curve on this is pretty steep. 

So, I think it was you suggested there was a way I could discover if I had already registered for self serve. And, if not, to accomplish such a thing. And, that if I was able either to finally log in to my self serve account or, if necessary (because I might have neglected to do this when I originally signed up with Public Mobile) create such an account and log in, then I would be able to update my credit card info and continue with the process to reinstate my AutoPay and get my cell service running again.

Is this a fair assessment?

But navigating through all these different windows to put all the pieces together is really defeating me. Therefore, I asked if the steps could be spelled out in a single place so I can follow along and complete this mind-bending exercise in becoming a 21st century man.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@JR_015 wrote:

I have received responses from more than one person (thanks, appreciated but confusing).

I think I understand what folk are trying to tell me but I find referencing back/forth from one window to another VERY confusing. So, please. In simple terms that an old man can follow:

Do this:

Step one

Step two

Step three

Etc.

@JR_015    Yes this online public help forum can be a bit confusing when first trying to get help.  First just use the @key on your keyboard and the names of people responding in your thread will pop up and then you can select which person you want to tag (respond to), or just hitting the Reply and then @ key on the post you're responding to brings up that username for you to tag.

Edit:  Sounds like you need to contact moderators to get access your self serve account.  You can private message Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right next to your avatar if having issues with the chatbot (many do).  

Once you're able to get into your account then clear your cache/cookies and use a browser with privacy/incognito mode enabled and select the Payment tab and proceed to Manage my Card down near the bottom of the page and you should be able to either Replace/Remove your existing CC and then enter the details for the new CC making sure the name/address matches exactly the CC billing statement and no spaces for the postal code.  You might also ask moderators to input the CC for if you're having problems doing it yourself.  Make sure to enable Autopay afterwards to get your $2 discount.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_015 : So you're aware...we're (almost) all customers just like you. We all like to help folks. But we don't know what specific method you're trying to do. You have several options offered.

JR_015

I have received responses from more than one person (thanks, appreciated but confusing).

I think I understand what folk are trying to tell me but I find referencing back/forth from one window to another VERY confusing. So, please. In simple terms that an old man can follow:

Do this:

Step one

Step two

Step three

Etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_015 : Which option do you wish to follow?

JR_015

I really don't know. Am confused. Sorry about this but please could you spell out the steps for me:

Step 1

Step 2, etc.

@JR_015 wrote:

Thanks, I've done all that. That got me to registering a community account and typing all this. Do appreciate that this is many steps up the scale from 'Chatbot Cerberus' at the door...

So, you meant you have ticket opened already?  if so, just keep checking the community inbox, envelope icon on the top right   

hTideGnow_0-1626022351274.png

.  If you see a number on the envelope, that mean "You've got mail". 

hTideGnow_1-1626022389479.png

Mod will communicate you via there

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_015 : It's a bit more of a hands-on, self-serve kinda place. Try my couple ideas to get your service working. Then fiddle around changing your payment card.

You can try to create an account by clicking My Account upper right and then Create account mid-right. See if you did create an account. If you activated yourself online then you already did. If you activated in a store then you may not have.

Edit: So you did manage to create your account? I don't think you need a moderator just yet. We can walk you through this.

@JR_015 let's get you logon back to My Account first, once you logged on, you can then change the credit card information there.

try typing exactly what I said in m earlier post and click accordingly, you would get to ticket opening quickly

JR_015

Thanks, I've done all that. That got me to registering a community account and typing all this. Do appreciate that this is many steps up the scale from 'Chatbot Cerberus' at the door...

Need Help? Let's chat.