cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account suspended for no payment even when on autopay?

luigibell78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i just signed up 1 month ago...using the same capital one credit card i signed up for at registration and i had autopay selected at time of registration.

the billing date passed and nothing was charged to the card and the account suspended...was out all day with no cell service.

i tried to re-register the same credit card to the account and said there was a error?

i had to used a visa/debit card to make a payment....but when i log into my self serve is still says plan expired even though i just made a payment?

what gives?

14 REPLIES 14

@Curtisbliss wrote:

Still cannot not make a payment , changed card today from TD debit card to a TD  Visa card 

@Curtisbliss 

Payment system is finicky at times.  Make sure that your billing address exactly matches the credit card billing address.  If apartment number, leave that section blank.  

Curtisbliss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Still cannot not make a payment , changed card today from TD debit card to a TD  Visa card 

@luigibell78  thank you.  If you have any more problem about Public Mobile service, please don't hesitate to come to the community for help.  Happy Thanksgiving weekend!  😊

@luigibell78 wrote:

Thanks for your help everyone who replied. 

I think I understand the payment process now. I have everything setup correctly now. 

I think the original problem is the system didn't accept my Mastercard for some reason...even though i used it to originally sign up.

Hi @luigibell78 nice to hear that your problem has been resolved.  Would you share with the community whose reply helped you the most by clicking "Accept as solution" at the bottom of said post?  This will help other members with the same problem as yours.  Thanks.  Have a great weekend!

@luigibell78 

It's good to hear your service is all up and running. The error given when you were trying to use your mastercard was because of not using the method of clearing your browser and using secret/incgnito mode as suggested by @esjliv in their first post to you. BTW firefox, chrome or safari work best. Use this method anytime your intend to make any changes within your account (plan changes, payments, sim card changes etc...) this will help prevent error messages. Since you should have a $40.00 credit on your balance you don't have to worry about an autopay failure next renewal as you are covered for your payment. Please note that they have changed the $40 plan and it now has 500mb less data in it but you are grandfathered into the $40/5gb plan as long as you dont change it. However if you choose to change your plan in the future you will not be able to return to it. Have a great day and welcome to public mobile!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luigibell78 wrote:

I think I understand the payment process now. I have everything setup correctly now. 

I think the original problem is the system didn't accept my Mastercard for some reason...even though i used it to originally sign up.

Sorry for you to learn the process the hard way.

It is a two steps process to reactivate your plan after renewal failure.

Step 1:  Add enough fund to your account to pay for your $40 plan as PM will not give you reward credit on reactivation.

Step 2:  Click the reactivate link to get your phone working again.

What is the amount of available fund on your account?

Make sure that your over payment is in your account.  If not, create a ticket to get adjustment from moderator.

luigibell78

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@luigibell78 Even if you one of the workarounds reactivates your service, I think you should notify the moderators of (another) autopay failure. 

To obtain a ticket, click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Have a look at Fongo and TextNow as backups for any service failures for calling/texting with wifi. Although not needed in my 5 years here, I use Fongo.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@luigibell78 wrote:

Thanks guys.

Im somewhat confused on the payment.

So i signed up September 10. And paid at time of registration for 1 month of service. $40 plan

Today the plan was suspended. Inside self service i selected make a payment and selected pay what's owing. I had 14$ credit for some reason (promotion i think?) So i ended up paying $26

The account was still showing expired and 40$ still owing? So I had to make an additional $40 payment and now the account is active.

So i paid about 120 bucks so far for 1 month of service?? Im really confused and wish public mobile had a customer service number i can call.

Hi there, yes, it can be confusing until you get used to what all the "Available Funds", "Owing" and all the other things mean.

If your auto pay worked it sounds like it would have charged you $26 plus taxes.

So you paid $26 for your 2nd 30-day cycle (PM is 30-days, not monthly).

You may have been good at this point, and maybe just needed to HIT the reactivate button for your account to get up and running again.

But then you paid another $40...no worries. You should be showing $40 in your AVAILABLE FUNDS. This will be used for your next renewal.

I hope your services are now up and running!

Welcome! Come back and ask whatever you need. The Community is a great resource!

@luigibell78 

The $14 credit is from using a referral code when you signed up ($10) and the autopay reward.

Look in available funds in self service for your extra payment. You should have a credit there you can use for next renewal.

luigibell78

Thanks guys.

Im somewhat confused on the payment.

So i signed up September 10. And paid at time of registration for 1 month of service. $40 plan

Today the plan was suspended. Inside self service i selected make a payment and selected pay what's owing. I had 14$ credit for some reason (promotion i think?) So i ended up paying $26

The account was still showing expired and 40$ still owing? So I had to make an additional $40 payment and now the account is active.

So i paid about 120 bucks so far for 1 month of service?? Im really confused and wish public mobile had a customer service number i can call.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@luigibell78 

FYI, for future renewals.

Autopay sometimes fail. To prevent you from losing service, the recommendation from the PM forum is to make a payment a few days before your renewal date to cover the cost of the plan. The renewal will take the money out of your Available Funds and you can leave your cc on file for the autopay reward.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@luigibell78 wrote:

i just signed up 1 month ago...using the same capital one credit card i signed up for at registration and i had autopay selected at time of registration.

the billing date passed and nothing was charged to the card and the account suspended...was out all day with no cell service.

i tried to re-register the same credit card to the account and said there was a error?

i had to used a visa/debit card to make a payment....but when i log into my self serve is still says plan expired even though i just made a payment?

what gives?

Hi @luigibell78 

For highlighted above, try clearing your cache, and opening a tab in incognito mode, then log into your SELF SERVE account.

Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

If all goes well. Does your account now say ACTIVE? If not hit the REACTIVATE button.

REBOOT YOUR PHONE.

@luigibell78 wrote:

what gives?

I would suggest that the first thing do would be to visit a store that sells Public Mobile payment vouchers to get your service up and running again, and then to figure out the credit card issue afterwards.

Is your credit card working fine at other merchants?

Need Help? Let's chat.