cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account cancellation

jackie_steen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My father has an account with you. He has passed away and we want to cancel account

9 REPLIES 9

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jackie_steen I just had to pop in and say Im so so sorry. I dont have much advice regarding the account and what should happen, but Ive been through what youre going through and just had to say as someone whos been where you are, Im so so sorry!

@jackie_steen  My condolences. Before you cancel the service be sure there are no accounts associated with your father's phone number that you may need to access  and don't have passwords for. I purposely left my late partners phone active for this reason and even 3 1/2 years later discovered he had an Amazon account that needs closing and could only access it by having the forgot password code sent to the phone. I maintain it on the lowest cost plan available. With rewards its free but it may be something to consider before cancelling.  You could keep it suspended and activate every 85 days or so for 30 days and so on.....to maintain access to the number for a year if you so choose. Stay strong and stay safe.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@jackie_steen   Sorry for your loss..... I know all too well what that's like, including having to cancel all your parent's services, subscriptions, etc. It may be a worn out phrase, but time really does dull the pain, although it never completely leaves. 💔  Take care! 👍

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jackie_steen  Do you know if your Dad payed with vouchers or a credit card? If it was vouchers then there's nothing to do the account will go into suspension and will automatically close in 90 days.

If your Dad had setup a credit card and Auto-pay then if you know the account PIN you can disable Auto-Pay by calling *611 from his phone or by dialing 1-855-4PUBLIC enter his phone number and follow the prompts to disable Auto-Pay.

Otherwise you will need you submit a ticket to Public to get the cc removed from the account.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

My condolences @jackie_steen if you have access to his self serve account,  remove the auto pay  credit card, if applicable. Once removed, or If there isn't one, the account will automatically expire over 90 days. Cancelling the credit card will also accomplish this. You can also consider taking it over, the plan may be better than one you or someone else in the family has. If you decide to do that, then use this private message link to contact the moderators directly

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry for your loss.  You would need to submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jackie_steen wrote:

My father has an account with you. He has passed away and we want to cancel account

My condolences.

Can you access the account?

If it's on autopay then can you cancel the credit card otherwise? Does the credit card cancel automatically at the bank?

As long as the account becomes unpaid then it will suspend and then deactivate entirely.

Officially, you can ask the moderators to cancel it.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Please contact the moderators so they can assist you with this. 

Please use the chatbot  SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve  your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 2: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 3: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 4: Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 5: Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.