cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidentally payed 2 bills

Tobleron
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have accidentally payed 2 monthly bills instead of one for this month.It does appear in my balance state but not in my limit date for paying.

Do I have to write to public next month to remind that I payed for the next month also?

thanks a lot

12 REPLIES 12

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Tobleron, you do realize, if you have a debit credit card, you can always check online for the online statement. It will show you the debits (minus) vs credits (additions) to the debit credit card. 

What would be a credit on a debit credit card (maybe, you did a return or refund, and they need to put the credit back to that debit credit card)? Granted with COVID19, I highly doubt stores are allowing personal returns on things anyways! 

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I still use vouchers but I just put a koho Visa debit card on for my auto-pay reward if I need to I can make sure I have enough money on there to cover my bill. But you can phone 611 to get info on your account like your balance and your due date.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Tobleron wrote:

Hello,

I have accidentally payed 2 monthly bills instead of one for this month.It does appear in my balance state but not in my limit date for paying.

Do I have to write to public next month to remind that I payed for the next month also?

thanks a lot

You do not have to contact them it will automatically come out of your available funds less any Rewards you have. If you really want you can pay for an entire year all at once. 

Have a. great day!

Tobleron

Oh OK thanks didn't know that... No I have a normal debit card. Like, different from visa card. So far so good. 😁

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tobleron probably dumb question but I'm guessing your normal debit card isn't one of those visa debit ones? If it was you'd be able to use it I'm pretty sure. It's supposed to function as a visa anywhere online, if you do have one that is... Just in case you hadn't thought of it 🙂

Tobleron

Thanks a lot to all for your answers, didn't expect it would be so fast...

I'll wait then until the next month.

BTW I always pay manually never automatically, having to use a credit instead of debit card is bad enough. 

Thanks again! 

@gblackma "The process is available funds, then rewards and then the credit card is charged."

More accurately the process is:

1. Rewards added to Available Funds

2. Available Funds used to pay for plan

3. Credit card registered for autopay used to pay the balance from 2. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Tobleron No, you don't have to contact the moderators. PM will just deduct the money that's in your account on the next renewal date. it basically works like a Tim Hortons card that you can top up. Good news is you won't have to top up your account till June! 

amount due-01.jpeg

Make it a practice to manually pay a few days ahead of your renewal date. sometimes the auto pay doesn't work correctly and it won't subtract funds from your credit/bank account. you will still qualify for the $2 auto pay reward.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tobleron  No need to worry the system will automatically use those funds to renew your plan on your next plan renewal.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Tobleron 

if its not showing up right away then it should show up next month. Another way you can see id click on your rewards tab. It qill take you to a page that will show what your next monthly bill will be.

have a great Sunday!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Tobleron  it will be done automatically for you on the next renewal date. The process is available funds, then rewards and then the credit card is charged. Stay safe. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tobleronif you see the extra money in your available funds, it will be used to pay for your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.