cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about overcharge

billzhang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is $25 per month.

I signed up for the auto payment with my credit card.

So I have a $1 loyalty bonus and $2 autopay reward.

I live in Ontario

I think I should be charged ($25-$2-$1)*1.13=$24.86

But the actual charge on my credit card bill is $25.29

billzhang_0-1587167284720.png

Whom should I contact for this overcharge issue?

22 REPLIES 22

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Such a strange uneven amount at 14.975! On this note I can't wait to see what taxes in all provinces get bumped up to in order to make up for covid CERB

*sarcasm* (especially for those who can't get CERB but will still have to pay out for it.... It's gonna be just joyous!) Lol

@billzhang  wrote:

My address in the account profile is an Ontario address

They do not charge you based on your address. They use are code of your number. So since you are keeping Quebec phone number, you will be charged QC tax.

@Naepalm wrote:

@iliketotalk @JoyLuck can I be IRON MAN? 

@Naepalm You’ve got first dibs!

@JoyLuck amazing great job on shwowomg KUDOS! 🙂

@billzhang if you want to keep that number then your going to pay quebec tax lol. its okay only.an extra 21% a year 

😭

@gblackma the expert comes through again. great job! love seeing your effort on these!

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@billzhang have you done the math where you take the original 25×1.13= 28.25 - 3 = 25.25

Maybe they charge the tax first then take the promotions off, this would end up changing your calculation. Although it doesnt work out to 25.29

Tou may have to look into how they apply rewards pre tax or post tax. 

@iliketotalk wrote:

@JoyLuck lol that's to funny which one is you?

.......I could only wish!

@JoyLuck lol that's to funny which one is you?

@iliketotalk wrote:

@billzhang well that would explain it @gblackma !! they tax you by your area code 

CBA8B87B-6DC4-469C-A342-4D7A79BE64AD.jpeg

billzhang

My address in the account profile is an Ontario address

@billzhang well that would explain it @gblackma !! they tax you by your area code 

billzhang

I was living in Quebec.

I have moved to Ontario.

I just want to keep my phone number

@billzhang  understand you live in Ontario but what is the area code on your phone? Is it a Quebec area code?

As @gblackma mentioned the charge adds up to Quebec sales taxes of 14.975%

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@billzhang  the taxes are charged according to the province where you registered your SIM not reside in. It looks like you did it in EDIT- cell area code it looks like yours is Quebec. $22 + 14.975% applicable taxes = $25.29.

Stay safe. 

Edit as @Jb456 says cell area code. Welcome back.

BearFBI

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@billzhang , according to the payment history screen cap, you were charged $22 before tax.  With tax, $24.86 should be the correct amount showing on your payment card statement.  Are you sure the $25.29 payment is for Public Mobile service?  If you wish to discuss the charges with the moderator team, they can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

fdrcamb519

Please contact  MOD he will be able to clarify that for you, at the bottom of main page. see if any online, or click question ? mark, bottom right page type speak human, as well here in community more experienced members will be able to answer 

billzhang

Thanks a lot

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@billzhang 

make a ticket and speak to one of the moderators by tapping on the ? icon on the bottom right.
Type moderator>Tap account specific question> No, I want human.

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 9AM to 9PM EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 9AM to 7PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.