cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about available found

shinyxia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined in Public mobile on Mar 9, I have chosen $35 plan, and got available found $47.

Today, I have changed a new plan to $25 plan. My available found became $22. I thought my found should be $37(minus $10 from $47)

I really appreciate it if you give me a clear explanation

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As stated earlier this is correct as Public Mobile is a prepaid service. If you change your plan instantly you will have the price of your new plan you choose deducted from your online balance. So in this case you choose at $25 plan and had original balance of $47. So this would leave you with a balance of $22 . If you ever change your plan again best to tell the system when the popup shoes that you want this change to occur at your next anniversary date. This way you get all the time / days out of the old plan you paid for and not lose any days. 

Best of luck .

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shinyxia wrote:

I joined in Public mobile on Mar 9, I have chosen $35 plan, and got available found $47.

Today, I have changed a new plan to $25 plan. My available found became $22. I thought my found should be $37(minus $10 from $47)

Regards,

@shinyxia 

Public Mobile is a prepaid phone plan. You should wait until next cycle to change the plan. Because you selected to change the plan right away that you have an option to change the plan on next cycle. You losed what you have paid on Mar 9. You have entitled $10 off for the first 6 months. You have more data instead originally. It seemed too late to do anything. I am not sure if you go back to your original $35 plan that you will get the $10 off again. I think you have to contact Moderator direct to get more information. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@shinyxia wrote:

Regards,

@shinyxia this question isn't actually about your available funds, it's about pro-ration.  If you've only used post-paid service in the past (most likely true), you may not realize that pre-paid plans are almost never pro-rated when you either change plans or cancel your account (say by porting out your phone number).  Think of your pre-paid plan as a series of automatically renewing 30 (or 90) day contracts.  You pay for that 30 (or 90) days up front, and you get your chosen plan for that 30 (or 90) days.  If you change plans at some point during that 30/90 days, you're effectively cancelling your currently cycle without refund, and starting a brand new 30/90 day cycle on your new plan, which you pay for in full up front (just like you do your regular 30/90 day cycles every time you renew).

As @sandpublic alluded to, there was another option available to you, a second button that would have allowed you to schedule the plan change for your next renewal date.  You would have stayed on your currnet cycle on your current plan until that 30/90 days was up, and then your new plan would have taken effect.  You didn't choose that option, you applied it right away, and thus my previous paragraph is what happened.  

In the future, make sure you schedule for next renewal date unless you absolutely need to start the new plan instantly, and understand that doing the lattter will result in no refund on your unused days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@shinyxia wrote:

Regards,

Maybe you can ask the moderator if they can do something for you because you didn't understand the consequences of a changing plan before the renewal date...here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your mistake. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days...

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shinyxia wrote:

Regards,

No it is correct, $47 - $25 = $22 available funds because you changed your plan without selecting "Apply on next renewal" option.

Need Help? Let's chat.