cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a month of free service

yuansh1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The promotion said "get a month of free service when you enter your email below and activate on any plan by Jan 15, 2021"  I purchased a $25/mon plan, and activated a sim card immediately on Dec. 27, 2020 by retailer in a public mobile retail store. Few days later, when received an email asking me to activate the sim card to get one month free service, I could not activate it anymore and such I couldn't get one month for free. At least my payment history didn't reflect it. Discussed with the retailer after. They could do anything more for me on this. Can anyone give some advise on this issue? Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

Once you have activated an account with an email address that email address is not available t one used to activate another account. You are still eligible for the next promotion if you want to activate another account for someone else using another email address. SO everything is normal, it just takes up to 30 days to get the credits and 5 Gb add-on.

AE_Collector

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@k_j_mac  as the others have mentioned. Within 30 days as per the terms of the promotion. If you activated on the 9th. As of today you have been customers for 5 business days (8 regular days) give it some time.

On another note. If you used referral codes for a $10 sign-up bonus. That should have been applied within 72 hours of activation.

Welcome to Public Mobile & enjoy the savings 🙂

@k_j_mac wrote:

My husband and I both signed up for this same promotion.  We both also got email notifications after we had activated our accounts on Jan 9.  We have not seen the $25 credit on either account and neither of us have received the 5GB data.  

@k_j_mac As per the terms and conditions on the first page of the deal....

4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.

5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

@k_j_mac wrote:

My husband and I both signed up for this same promotion.  We both also got email notifications after we had activated our accounts on Jan 9.  We have not seen the $25 credit on either account and neither of us have received the 5GB data.  

Hello @k_j_mac ,

I suspect you will both see the 5GB in your SELF SERVE account soon. As for the $25 in your Available Funds in your SELF SERVE, I would expect that much closer to your next renewal.

If it comes down to your renewals (on or after Feb. 8/21), then contact the moderators to inquire about it. But I would not contact them until then.

Good things come to those who wait. 😁

fyi-

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

k_j_mac
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

yuansh1

Yes, I have gotten 5G free data in my account. Thank you for the info.

yuansh1

Thank you for the info.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @yuansh1 

Not really following you.  

It sounds like you successfully activated a plan on Dec 27th and had mobile service at that time?  Did you?

Are you saying you got the promotion e-mail AFTER the initial activation and therefore could not activate the same SIM card again?  (which is correct - each SIM can only be activated once)

IF you registered the e-mail address for the promotion BEFORE the initial activation, AND you activated with the same e-mail address that you had registered for the promotion, you WILL GET the promotion benefits within about 30 days of activation.

If you DID NOT register for the promotion before activating, you're likely out of luck this time around.

Hope this is clear & helpful.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@yuansh1 ,

I would agree with @computergeek541 .

I assume you received the 5GB in your account, correct? You should see $25 in your Available Funds on your SELF SERVE account before your next renewal.

@yuansh1 wrote:

The promotion said "get a month of free service when you enter your email below and activate on any plan by Jan 15, 2021"  I purchased a $25/mon plan, and activated a sim card immediately on Dec. 27, 2020 by retailer in a public mobile retail store. Few days later, when received an email asking me to activate the sim card to get one month free service, I could not activate it anymore and such I couldn't get one month for free. At least my payment history didn't reflect it. Discussed with the retailer after. They could do anything more for me on this. Can anyone give some advise on this issue? Thank you in advance.

I would expect the credit shortly. Public Mobile stated that teh credit would be given within 30 days of activation.  I've heard talk before about reminders going out about activating to get a promotion after the customers has already signed up.

Need Help? Let's chat.