cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip code does not match billing address

danaj242
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently trying to order a SIM card, and every time I go to process my order, I get this message. "Zip code does not match billing address."

I have 100% imput the correct information so I dont know why I'm getting this error (I ordered from other sites the same day with no issues, plus I just know my address...)

I'd like to add that I am from Ontario, and I don't know why it's saying ZIP and not Postal Code.

37 REPLIES 37

@ocdr 

The website is finicky.  You could try a different web browser, clearing cache or going incognito.  Try the postal code with a space in between the first 3 digits, or no space.  

You could also buy a PM sim card from Amazon.ca.  

If that fails, you can contact moderator. Expect 1-2 days wait  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ocdr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I am trying to order a sim card and got the following error message:

"ZIP code does not match billing address". Could someone from the company provide a solution to this issue because if this first step cannot be resolved, then we won't be customers.

COULD SOMEONE FROM THE COMPANY PROVIDE A SOLUTION !

Thanks to the community for their feedback.

Ocdr.

@RyanParksAre you using the "Express" / paypal checkout option or the normal option?

RyanParks

I'm getting an error whenever I try to order SIM cards for myself and my 2 brothers. It says "ZIP code does not match billing address". I live in Alberta and my postal code is not new. I've tried three different addresses and tried changing the postal code and removing the space. Nothing has worked. Could you help me out?

etiennedg

Same problem here.
It's been a few days I'm trying.
How can i receive one?

drittenhouse

hello, trying to sign up and I'm also getting the Zip code does not match billing address error. 

This is a valid card with no probs ordering with other online services. 

I see there was a link to order that is supposed to provide a Prov option, but that doesn't work. Please assist asap, thank you. 

David 

MrBender
I am having the exact same issues. I'm trying to order a SIM card. I'm from Ontario, and the zip code message keeps coming up. I've made sure that I was on the publicmobility.ca. Please help!

Darquin
And that comment about no other way to contact Public Mobile? I do realize that there is the link to contact if there is no answer here, but no option to write in the problem, just preset issues to click on, all of them assuming that you already at least have the sim csrd. And if that mode doesn't answer your problem? There is a link for that too! But guess what? It directs right back here. Why is there no way to direct a valid question like how do I get around this idiotic zip code roadblock?

Darquin
This is for the community to respond, but why is there no official work contact for employees when none of the community suggestions work. And again, I have seen that this ZIP code issue has been raised over a year ago, how is this still allowed to happen? I'm starting to wonder if anyone there knows or cares that there is even a problem.

Darquin
Six days now, no response from anyone at Public Mobile. No response here may be forgiven if there was any other form of communication, but this is getting ridiculous.

Darquin

By the way, the same cards worked fine in stores and other websites since, so they were obviously declined because of the multiple attempts this website forced me to try, the credit card companies must have thought it was an attempt at identity theft.

One of the online purchases I made after these attempts apparently uses the same software as Public Mobile, as the format for the purchase went through the exact same design and steps, including the successive pages, but when  it came time to complete the purchase, there were absolutely no snags.

Darquin

I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed in at least over a year.

I'm trying to purchase a sim card, but even though I'm entering a valid postal code, not until a few pages later, after entering my credit card information, I'm told my "ZIP code does not match billing address".

I have tried all of the suggestions offered, typing in the postal code without the space, trying a nearby postal code, trying only the first three characters, even trying without anything in the postal code field, which was not allowed, nothing worked for very many tries.

Please note, that when entering the postal code one character at a time, the helpful "AddressComplete popup lists my address with the same correct postal code I'm putting in, including the usual space in the middle.

Then, all of a sudden, I could get past the credit card entry page, only to be told that there was a problem, so I enter the credit card information again, and again, until I'm told the card has been declined.

So I try another card, same circus ensues.

Try a third card, same thing.

Is Public Mobile actively trying to discourage customers?

It certainly seems so.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @SophieVancouver

I'm really sorry to hear you were having issues with your order and activation. Are you still having issues? I read from another thread that you have 2 SIM cards now so I assume that you were able to order another one. 

If you still need help, send me a private message with your SIM card number or your SIM card order number (if you still haven't received it) and I will assist you. 

Thank you!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Sorry @SophieVancouver you seem to be stuck with me; it's because you added to an old thread rather than creating a new message.

Last things to try:

- clear your browser's cache and turn off any ad/popup blocker

- when you enter you street address but the postal code does not appear manually enter the province and postal code (with a space)

If that fails send a private message to any moderator with your full mailing address. If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SophieVancouver

I copy/paste the address from my statement and it still does not work!

I don't know what to do anymore and i can't see an email to contact Public Mobile directly.

I need to buy a new sim card and activate the one I have but i am blocked at the payment stage since 4 days!

Any over ideas anyone?

@SophieVancouver Double check that your address postal code is entered without spaces. and that your name and address are EXACTLY as shown on your credit card statement. Often the style used for apartment numbers triggers the error too.

@SophieVancouver last I heard they were out of SIMs at the Vancouver office, it might take a day or 2 to restock.

Mods are all working to fix tech issues right now but send a message I am sure they can help soon

SophieVancouver

Hi

I have been trying to order a SIN card and i have the same message!

Anybody has a suggestion?

I also need to activate another sin card and i can't do anything. Lost so much time on that already....

Thank you

@kav2001c Good thing we have choices, eh?

@Meano have you been able to order a SIM? If not, private message @Shazia_K with your info.

@Luddite wrote:
Make that @Mary_M. It's painful from an iPod.

Most things are painful on an iPod (oh that sounds decidedly anti-Apple haha)

Cat Wink

Meano
@Mary_M could you please help me purchase a SIM card?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Make that @Mary_M. It's painful from an iPod.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Well then looks like you'll need @Shazia_K or Mary_M to sort it. They may have left for the day so watch for a reply in the morning.

Meano
@Luddite Yup. I tried everything. Space. No space. The postal code connected to my credit card. It auto populates the correct postal code when I first input the shipping address, and when I choose to use the shipping address as the billing address, it gives me that message.

@Meano Have you tried all the suggestions throughout this thread?

Meano
Btw, hope PM looks into the issue. I'm in downtown Toronto, and living in an older home, so the postal code is not new.

Meano
Me also! Been trying for a few days now.

Thanks!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Happens often with new builds in particular

Just pick a zip code that gets your SIM in general area (even if 2 blocks away, at least going to same mail sorting plant) and then local post office will deliver to correct address

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@danaj242

Sorry about that 😞

Don't worry I have sent you a PM please send me the required info 😉

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

danaj242

@LudditeIm trying from a PC, will try from my phone I suppose. This isn't making any sense at all.

Need Help? Let's chat.