cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your balance is too low

rscully
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received the following text message (within a conversation with someone) "2504: your balance is too low" My plan is unlimited talk and text. What does this mean? 

18 REPLIES 18

@FLAMINGOGUY, I get it where you say your phone is for business.

To get that message, 'your balance is low,' would tell me that your available funds are lower than your pre-paid plan. Like every plan, you need to make sure you have Autopay set-up in your self serve account.

If you are paying your bills with a credit card, you will need this registered to your account.
If you are paying by vouchers, you will need to buy a voucher (and apply this to your account, or call 611 to apply it).

Like every business, they all like to be paid on time just like you. In this case, you are lucky that Public Mobile-only suspends your account until they are paid and your account is in good standing again. 

On your second issue with images not going through but you are well-under your limit of data? Well, if you are sending a text with an image, I would make sure the data is turned on. I turn mine off when not in use (I have limits now). But, I know you are smart, and this is already done. Have you restarted your phone? you mentioned this happened before? What did you do when it worked again? 

@FLAMINGOGUY wrote:

I'm 2 days shy of the end of my auto renewed monthly plan and getting people telling me they are not getting the pics I've attached to my text messages and now tonight I got a message saying "Your Balance is Too Low" attached to another message pic that getting get sent.

Logged into my account and I am well below my monthly limit!!

This happened a month or two ago as well but stopped within a day.

Getting pretty pissed as I use this for business and can't accept this poor service.

Have been a big advocate for Public Mobile for this will derail that support very quickly and loose my business.

@FLAMINGOGUY 

Is your data working properly?  Is data turned on?  Need data to send picture messaging (MMS texts).  Picture messaging won't use up data, but need data to be on.  

Try rebooting your phone.  Maybe do a network reset.  

You could also try the SIM card in another phone to determine whether it is a hardware issue versus PM service issue.  

FLAMINGOGUY

I'm 2 days shy of the end of my auto renewed monthly plan and getting people telling me they are not getting the pics I've attached to my text messages and now tonight I got a message saying "Your Balance is Too Low" attached to another message pic that getting get sent.

Logged into my account and I am well below my monthly limit!!

This happened a month or two ago as well but stopped within a day.

Getting pretty pissed as I use this for business and can't accept this poor service.

Have been a big advocate for Public Mobile for this will derail that support very quickly and loose my business.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rscully wrote:

Were these occurring yesterday evening?

@rscully 

Yes they were, It should be fixed now

Here is the link for that post that they told us about it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/ISSUE-RESOLVED-Intermittent-Impact-to-D...

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rscully wrote:

There were posts that said from as early as 7 pm @rscully 

rscully

rscully

I am trying an image in my messages. Thank you

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rscully wrote:

Thank you. All the APN settings are the same as what you gave in your response.I cannot find the second set of settings re: Authenication Settings.

@rscully 

Hey, are you trying to send an MMS when you get this message?

@rscully  Is this the only time that you experienced this message? There were some Canada wide data problems experienced by PM customers where mms messages couldn't be sent

rscully

Thank you. All the APN settings are the same as what you gave in your response.I cannot find the second set of settings re: Authenication Settings.

mobileguy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rscully , what phone do you have?

What Is the memory storage situation on your phone? Did your payment cycle renew recently @rscully? Try putting your your phone into aeroplane mode for 5 minutes,  take it off and restart your phone. Thanks.

rscully

Cannot get it to work. But thanks.

@rscully @The solution@mobileguy mentions refers to correct Public Mobile APN settings. @DOA shows you how to get there. The settings should be this:

APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Check yours against it. Add whatever may be missing, save and restart phone.

rscully

I tried rebooting. No luck. I have not yet found the APN settings.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you're using android, settings->network & internet->mobile network->advanced-access point names->mobile internet.

BUT, try rebooting your phone first.

rscully

I do not understand the solution. Are these settings I canfind in my account or on my phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.