cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongfully charged

Ritchot1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I read over everything on the Public Mobile site, viewed my Payment history and it doesnt match what my credit card is being charged, how do i rectify this issue?  Im being over charged!  please pm me.

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@Ritchot1 You need to contact PM and ask for your statements.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

@Ritchot1 note that if you need this every "month" (or every 30 day cycle payment), you will need to reach out to them every time and request this each and every 30 days.  Public Mobile is better suited for personal use than for business use, IMHO.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Ritchot1 wrote:

Ok then how do I request a monthly receipt from public mobile to match my Credit Card  showing the said taxes for tax purposes? as I use the said phone as my business phone. If taxes are to be taken it should show on my account. Charges on my Credit card should match what I am being charged.

@Ritchot1 You need to contact PM and ask for your statements.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Ritchot1

Ok then how do I request a monthly receipt from public mobile to match my Credit Card  showing the said taxes for tax purposes? as I use the said phone as my business phone. If taxes are to be taken it should show on my account. Charges on my Credit card should match what I am being charged.

@mimmoYup

TaxesTaxes

mimmo

Pretty sure it mentions taxes in the payments page and possibly in the popup when making a payment. 

srlawren

@Ritchot1 wrote:

th to month,usually when you purchase a service that is taxed it shows on a bill, also i did not see anywhere about additional cost on the website, correct me if im wrong

@Ritchot1 sorry, you are indeed wrong.  On the Plans page (https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans), the first item in the Terms & Conditions section states: "Taxes are extra."  

Everything you see on the plan page and in your transaction history is before taxes.  Taxes are charged on the payment/top-up, and then the amount minus taxes is credited to your Public Mobile account, and used to pay for your plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ritchot1

Should that not be captured on payment history?  also the addition cost varries from mon

@mimmo wrote:

@Ritchot1  if you are on a 40$ plan and havd $2 autopay your pretax cost is $38 add tax say 12% = $42.56 on your credit card.

th to month,usually when you purchase a service that is taxed it shows on a bill, also i did not see anywhere about additional cost on the website, correct me if im wrong

mimmo

@Ritchot1  if you are on a 40$ plan and havd $2 autopay your pretax cost is $38 add tax say 12% = $42.56 on your credit card.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ritchot1 wrote:

I read over everything on the Public Mobile site, viewed my Payment history and it doesnt match what my credit card is being charged, how do i rectify this issue?  Im being over charged!  please pm me.

@Ritchot1  As others have mentioned the Payment History screen does not include taxes and your credit card statement does. So that could be the discrepancy that you are seeing.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Please post a screen shot of the billing and someone can help you with expalining...it's a bit confusing fer shur.

Make sure you're not confusing the tax as well.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Overcharged by how much? 

Are you sure it's not the taxes??

Need Help? Let's chat.