cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong credit card charged

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Working with mod already. Just curious if anyone has had or heard of this happening.

Here is some background:

my account and my wife's account were both topped up the same day.

I think my cc was initially on her account a while back. my account and her account both have different credit cards assigned.

My credit card was charged for both transactions.

@CS_Agent I know you are looking into this but thought I should tag you anyway.

12 REPLIES 12

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you haven't already done so you should send a private message to the mods.

Yoey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same thing happened to me.  Some info that might help sort out the bug:

I have my normal CC that my monthly renewals happen on.  When I log in to my account that is the only credit card I can see configured anywhere.

When I traveled for work in april, my work paid for a roaming addon with the work credit card.

Now my work credit card has been charged for my regular service 3 month renewal.

mimmo

Heading on vacation, might try to bring it up with the mods again when I get back in 10 days. 

Will be nice to get some sun.

wrote:

@will13am yeah i was just trying it now and can't get the cross contamination to appear.  next time it happens will take a screenshot. anyways it was just a hypothesis to maybe explain what happened

mods have no idea why/how my 1 credit card got charged for two accounts which have seperate credit cards on file.  All i did was go to payments page and make a manual payment.  didn't add any credit card info etc...  and wifes payment page shows her cc digits so i am at a complete loss.    

Its a mystery that will remain unsolved  guess. 

Isn't non repeatable software bugs so wonderful!  Seriously, this is really a nasty problem.  Taking funds errantly from someone's credit card should not be viewed lightly.  Going in the reverse direction, Public Mobile would use words like fraud.  Just because this is a computer glitch and not a potentially willful act by an individual, the consequences are identical.  Imagine if this causes other impacts like legimate charges being rejected because credit limits were exceeded.  I would make sure the problem is fully understood before standing down the issue. 

mimmo

@will13am yeah i was just trying it now and can't get the cross contamination to appear.  next time it happens will take a screenshot. anyways it was just a hypothesis to maybe explain what happened

mods have no idea why/how my 1 credit card got charged for two accounts which have seperate credit cards on file.  All i did was go to payments page and make a manual payment.  didn't add any credit card info etc...  and wifes payment page shows her cc digits so i am at a complete loss.    

Its a mystery that will remain unsolved  guess. 

wrote:

Just saying that I noticed  reminats of a session ie balance and  plan details carry over between sessions. The name on top right changes correctly.

Been caught off guard seeing wrong plan or wrong balance showing. Even after a refresh.  Loging out then back in seems to fix the issue.

@will13am if you have 2 accounts with differing  balance or different plan detaols loginto one change a couple pages  then log out and then into the second one and see if it shows up correctly. Using win 10 and chrome.

I have done that with the numerous accounts that I look after.  Never have I ever seen anything out of the ordinary.  When I log out and login to the next account, there is no cross contamination of information ever.  I usually use mozilla, but that should not matter (hopefully not).  Now, I have had instances where I will have had many accounts open at the same time using as much as 4 different browsers and no problems so far. 

mimmo

Just saying that I noticed  reminats of a session ie balance and  plan details carry over between sessions. The name on top right changes correctly.

Been caught off guard seeing wrong plan or wrong balance showing. Even after a refresh.  Loging out then back in seems to fix the issue.

@will13am if you have 2 accounts with differing  balance or different plan detaols loginto one change a couple pages  then log out and then into the second one and see if it shows up correctly. Using win 10 and chrome.

wrote:

@will13am the credit card was changed long ago.

The only thing I can think is that I did manual top ups one after the other ie log into account 1 pay logout login account 2pay.

I notice sometimes if you log into the second account the first accounts info (balance and plan ) will show maybe the credit card info is similar.???

Are you saying the login session for account 1 is still active when login to account 2 is taking place?  I know that if you use two different browsers you can have multiple concurrent login sessions.  The sessions are completely segregated.  I didn't think that with the same browser you can have multiple logins to the same site.

mimmo

@will13am the credit card was changed long ago.

The only thing I can think is that I did manual top ups one after the other ie log into account 1 pay logout login account 2pay.

I notice sometimes if you log into the second account the first accounts info (balance and plan ) will show maybe the credit card info is similar.???

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Was there a credit card swap close to a renewal?  Perhaps it takes time for the card on file to disseminate through the system.  The only experienced I had with a credit card swap so far was due to issues with using the same credit card in a third account during activation.  I completed the card swap two weeks after account setup.  When renewal took place some 11 weeks later, the right card was debited.  I did another card swap last week with a payment coming up in a weeks time.  I will see if things work as planned shortly.  

Veder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's been good for me, worst case it's just a credit on your account?

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I think someone else was reporting a very similar problem just this past weekend, or late last week.

Sure hope it's not a problematic new bug!  I just updated my credit card number and expiry date.

Need Help? Let's chat.