cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong bill for plan

coolway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. my monthly payment is 50$, I used autopay and pay 48. This month autopay took 53,76$. Why?! my number xxxxxxxxxx. Check please and let me know

edited by computergeek541: removed phone number

30 REPLIES 30

@mimmo 

Re: simon/SIMon.....ok that makes sense. I'm surprised I didn't put that together given my penchant for wordplay. My comment was referring to pm's mandate of inclusion, mindfulness in creating a welcoming community for all thus a gender neutral name like Kelly, Blake or Taylor. But...duh....now Simon makes sense but simon/simone would be a nice play on male/female and english/french and of course a sim card.

Re: verification  I have verified my account with the required info and been sent to the verification link. Waited and been asked to do it again. Waited overnight for a reply. Only to be asked to verify via the link again. So I can understand its irritating to do it more than once. When I expressed my displeasure of having to do it "officially" three times I was told it was to ensure I was the account holder with each moderator I may have to deal with.....oer anv18 hour period. My last 6  (3 account related inquiries) verification was done by the initial info I sent with only one moderator asking for a couple of additional account specific verification questions.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious  if only everyone was as meticulous to clean up their sent messages.  From what I remember sending verification info was identified as a security risk thus the verification process via SIMon .  Everyone is free to do as they wish.  The issue at hand was simply verification provided by SIMon then mods asking again. (This is simply not supposed to happen). And having verification during submission is supposed to reduce the extra steps.

As for your last statement not sure where you are trying to go with it so some additional insight/clarification might be warranted.  All I know it's actually called SIMon  as for sim card .

@mimmo 

I'm all about security but a less stressful experience has its price. I tow the company line but I steadfastly refuse to have anything to do with simple Simon. You do not recieve faster service by the mere fact you have to waste so much time trying to navigate its idiocy. I'd rather spend the few minutes of my time deleting my verification  private messages to the moderators  whose service times thru private messaging have been fantastic.

It makes me wonder why pm didn't choose a more gender neutral name or Simon/Simone? At least i think i know the answer that!

Erin_O
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mimmo Thanks for tagging me in this thread! I will definitely keep these ideas top of mind. 

mimmo

@darlicious one of the reasons for Simon was a security factor nod providing account info through private messages, which stores info in plain text, in  case community accounts  are breached.

So once provided in simon they should not need to be provided again.

@computergeek541

yeah, I totally know what you think LOL We are all on the same page for this. Maybe the constant barrage to PM will get them to fix it 😉

@Eliza5 

Simon can verify you....but if the moderators ask you to do it again just look at it as extra port protection for your account. They may be new employees, have a weird feeling, or just doing random double verifications that day....anything that keeps you're account secure is a good thing!

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @computergeek541,

That is what I was just discusssing.

If we use SIMon and it verifies our identity then why do the moderators later verify again.

They shouldn't have too and it is too much information we are giving out.

@Eliza5 

@Anonymous @Naepalm 

I think that you both know what I really think about SIMon.

There is an easy way to avoid all SIMon runaround.  It involves using certain keywords, and as funny as it may be to type in "human", that isn't the word to use to get to the quickest ticket submition.

At the very least, using SiMon will make it so that the customers don't have to verify their identities later on.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Request-a-Receipt-for-your-Ac...

@glenfinlake 

Here is the post created by @AE_Collector on how to request an acceptable invoice for business accounting purposes. You can request it quarterly, biannually or yearly (90, 180 or 360 day periods).

mimmo

@Naepalm  I believe it's only the pm management team that believes ticketing through Simon is a worthwhile envevour. I know Oracle's have and are still pushing for a direct way to submit tickets.    PM says they are listening hopefully the glacial pace they implement changes. It took them a full 2-3 years to get the ticket system. 

That being if they want to frustrate customers by using simon that is their perogative and we should comply, as only with constant  mentions these frustrations might of things move quicker.

@Erin_O   a couple posts in this thread are worth keeping in mind as you ponder Simon and ticketing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naepalm 

I've said that since they introduced the ticket system. There ought to be a link to give people that come in asking. Some will figure it out on their own but SIMon is very frustrating.

I'm fine with the ticket system. But there ought to be a simple link to it. The alleged gathering of information through the SIMon conversation that allegedly tacks on to the ticket leaves much to be desired.

@computergeek541 SIMon can be so clunky and send individuals in circles. When customers are super frustrated dealing with a bot is not in Public Mobiles' best interest. Either there needs to be a better ticket system through SIMon or a separate ticket system altogether. 

They should have an option in SIMon that gives you a quick action step to submit a ticket when a customers know they need to speak to a moderator and don't want to ask 3 questions or get there. 

And I totally understand you and the other oracles holding the fort and sending people in that direction it is just not conducive to great customer service. 

So Ticket Reform! LOL

Or remove the option to private message. 

glenfinlake

Thanks for your guidance, I am just figuring these things out  I will submit a suggestion.

@Naepalm Whether we like it or not, Public wants these types of requests to be submited through SIMon.

glenfinlake

Thanks, that was very helpful!

@glenfinlake 

you will need to submit a ticket to the moderators to get your bill instead of just transaction history. They will not likely answer through a post on the forum, youll need to private message them.

You can do that here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

glenfinlake

I would like to request that the billing summary include taxes as well.  I am required to submit expenses and it is difficult when the taxes are not included in the bill.  Thanks for listening to my request. 

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cellphoneuser1 would it matter if someone bought a voucher in one province and applied it to their account which is from another?

I would think they're like gift cards essentially aren't they? 

Doesn't seem all that tricky in my head to show people their tax in totals, based on the province in their accounts. When you're actually making a payment it shows you but I think that's the only place, which confuses many new people

@coolway wrote:

Before I payed only 48$! Whats wrong in this month?

@coolway  Are you sure about that? Did you check your previous credit card statement? If you, used a voucher then the tax was paid at the point of sale. Taxman needs to get paid.

Note: All amounts displayed in selfserve do not include taxes.

@coolway 

In your overview page it will show the amount for the plan without tax.

Your past transactions will even show the amount without tax in self serve. It can be a bit confusing. But anytime you add funds to your account you will pay tax. If you purchase vouchers there will be tax paid. The funds in your account will always show the amiunt without tax. 

Screenshot_20200604_081617.jpg

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I think incorporating taxes within your self serve account would be super helpful especially for newbies. Something like "your next payment due is this much" with taxes in since they'd be logged in and it knows which province that person is from. 

I get not advertising plans on the main page with taxes, but within your account it would be quite helpful. 

That can't be done unless all stores and websites stop selling vouchers and payments are only allowed by using self serve. You can't know how much tax is paid becauae tax is due when payment is made and customers can get vouchers from different places with different tax percentages.

Pawprints1986

I think incorporating taxes within your self serve account would be super helpful especially for newbies. Something like "your next payment due is this much" with taxes in since they'd be logged in and it knows which province that person is from. 

I get not advertising plans on the main page with taxes, but within your account it would be quite helpful. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@coolway 

Are you comparing your account charges to your credit card bill? If you look at your payment history in your account you will see every thing listed in pretax prices. Nice easy to understand round numbers that look the same regardless of where you live in Canada and what tax rate you pay. When you look at your own credit card bill or sales reciept from the purchase of a voucher it will include your local tax rate. If you manually top up your account with your credit card the local tax rate will be displayed and added to your subtotal for your approval before you submit the payment.

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

This is an issue need to be fixed, to show total charged after tax.

I do not believe that would help. You'd then have people complaining that they were charged more than the advertised price. Around the country, I know of almost no businesses that advertise prices as taxes included, although they've always had that option.

@coolway wrote:

There's nothing wrong in the sense that you are not overpaying. If you only paid $48 before, you were undercharged. Upon activation, Public Mobile payment system sometimes forget to charge sales tax for the first 30 days. This is a bug that has been around for a while. As I said before, if anything, you actually paid less before than you should have.  Tax must be paid on top of all advertised prices. It's also possible that for a previous 30 days, you paid $46+sales taxes because of the way that $4 in autopay rewards are available for the first renewal.

coolway

coolway

Why I didnt pay it before?

yanzhiqiang

This is an issue need to be fixed, to show total charged after tax.

@coolway wrote:

Hi. my monthly payment is 50$, I used autopay and pay 48. This month autopay took 53,76$. Why?! my number xxxxxxxxxx. Check please and let me know

Sales tax needs to be paid. $53.76 would be $48 with 12% sales tax added to it.

Need Help? Let's chat.