cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I still able to get a promotional deal.

Rinat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my cell phone with new 25 dollars plan on Wednesday, September 4th, went on public mobile website on September 7 and saw that there is a flash sale - that if I waited for 2 days, I would get 30 days for free - can I still get this promotion. My phone #xxxxxxxx

Edit:  Phone number redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.

15 REPLIES 15

Apparently I have read many of your posts at least most of them since I've joined the community. Particularly the one posing the question to the oracles as to why they dedicate so much time to the pm community. Yours was particularly insightful. I also noticed you are very short and to the point in your answers or questions posed to help solve users issues. I'm sure that's just your style or personality. As I stated before it may come across differently to other users. But I as well as many others appreciate all the volunteer effort it takes to achieve Oracle status and help the pm community resolve user issues. And of course in this great country of ours we are all entitled to our own opinion whether we agree or not.

I'm not trying to start a war here or anything....I suppose it is just my opinion on how your posts come across. I realize that you want the users with the most pressing needs to have there issues in a timely manner. I 100% agree with that statement. But to infer that what i had s

uggested as a musing I would actually submit as a ticket to a moderator and waste their time is where I get the connotation of negativity.  Perhaps you don't understand how your words come across. And yes there is a place for the discussion in the lounge that's why I suggested that in my post but you choose to comment on it here in this thread rather than using your ability as an Oracle to move the posts relating  to my suggestion to the lounge. I have no idea how to do that nor do I claim to have really useful or useable computer skills I only try my best.

Now I'm sorry that you feel I was personally attacking you. That was not my intention and referring to your status in the community which is important to you was like anyone who has any kind of status in any community you are looked up to.....people expect you to set an example. You may be held to a higher standard. This was probably my mistake and I should know better. I treat everyone equally. No better and no worse and as an Oracle I was expecting more and I shouldn't have I should have expected only as much as you are able. So I do apologize if I offended you in any way.  I found that other users no matter of their rank were overwhelmingly positive in their encouragement and comments and it tainted my view.

Just so you know i have only read a few of your posts as I've come across them but I will make an effort to research more of them so I get a better understanding of your perspective. There must be a lot as you have been a member and a customer for quite sometime and knowledgeable to boot as you have achieved the rank of Oracle. I differ.

@darlicious wrote:

Strangest of all I find is your underlying negative attitude especially as an Oracle to someone (I am essentially a new customer one month since first activation and 3 weeks on the community) just trying to contribute towards the better good. This might dissuade new users from asking for help or posing questions and then directly ask the moderators for help...exactly the opposite of your intentions.

What is so negative about my attitude showing more concern for customers who are experiencing loss of service and getting that fixed before the concerns of those looking for a goodwill gesture?  If your post was to create some humour then yes there is the lounge for that.  PM has responded in the past to  a very unhappy community when they proposed a price increase on the fall promo from 2016.

Comments about an underlying negative attitude and my status in this community seems to go as a personal attack when all my comments have been showing concern for members who are without service as a priority.  You are correct I haven't read your other posts and am not making judgement on them have you read mine before commenting on a negative attitude?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Holy cow you seem to be having a real problem with my post. It was merely a suggestion along with a post to create some humour for those who have missed out. And obviously you didn't get bummer tent reference....shows my age as well as yours. And just maybe had you read many of myother posts on other topics you might have gotten where I'm coming from and also realized I'm not one to waste the moderators time on frivilous issues.  I merely wanted to start a discussion on the possibility and perhaps with some groundswell support on the community something might come of it. As you say in your post the 1gb bonus you feel had to do with "timeliness of support and other issues" is still pm addressing regular customers grumbling that pm is unable to give them proper customer service...all companies need to provide this whether it's thru traditional means or online only . That's a form of redress most likely addressed by multiple community members complaining that pm is not fulfilling it's service agreements and a groundswell of support gave everyone a bonus and a system update the other day to fix some of the issues pm has been experiencing. 

Most telecom companies would not outright give you a bonus. Telus's loyalty department used to do a much better job rewarding loyal customers but have recently regressed thus my recent switch but as well other cheap mobile providers can offer an inducement to lure away new pm customers who feel they missed out. This of course is my opinion and although my expectations from pm in regards to customer service are low there is no reason to not expect them to do better.

Strangest of all I find is your underlying negative attitude especially as an Oracle to someone (I am essentially a new customer one month since first activation and 3 weeks on the community) just trying to contribute towards the better good. This might dissuade new users from asking for help or posing questions and then directly ask the moderators for help...exactly the opposite of your intentions.

@darlicious wrote:

I hear what you are saying...of course that's life. But since you brought it up yes companies will often price match a previous sale within 30 days of your purchase. Pm obviously doesn't provide that guarantee as I read the terms of service last night to see if I could help the 1969 problem people. It never hurts to ask for some kind of compensation from a company or retailer in response to a missed deal. The worst that can happen is they say no. I've had many people tell me I'm wasting my time asking for redress to come back with cash or credit in my hand. So it is not for you to say no...but public mobile to. The 1gb bonus last month to pm regular customers is a perfect example of this...did they just come up with that on there own or did they use feedback from the community that the loyal pm customers were feeling a little neglected? 

Some companies will yes, do you know of any mobile companies that will do this?  I don't get the "loyal PM customers were feeling neglected" loyalty reward to lower your bill for every year you are with PM upto 5 years.  I personally think the data gift was do to the issues with the timeliness of support and the issues that have been going on.  Yes you can ask and that is up to you but you will also be creating a ticket for moderators to look into before they can help someone who may need help getting their service up and running.  I would rather have moderators helping people who need it than dealing with people who are asking for goodwill gestures because they missed a promo.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious 

Since you mentioned the free 1GB bonus data, I have a $10 plan used by an older senior with a flip phone just for calls only and not even uses texts.  It would be better to get a 500 minutes add-on instead of the 1GB data.  The 1GB data add-on will be rolled over month after month until end of time.

Promo is a promo and has its qualification details. Nothing we can do If one is not qualified for it

I hear what you are saying...of course that's life. But since you brought it up yes companies will often price match a previous sale within 30 days of your purchase. Pm obviously doesn't provide that guarantee as I read the terms of service last night to see if I could help the 1969 problem people. It never hurts to ask for some kind of compensation from a company or retailer in response to a missed deal. The worst that can happen is they say no. I've had many people tell me I'm wasting my time asking for redress to come back with cash or credit in my hand. So it is not for you to say no...but public mobile to. The 1gb bonus last month to pm regular customers is a perfect example of this...did they just come up with that on there own or did they use feedback from the community that the loyal pm customers were feeling a little neglected? 

@darlicious wrote:

I feel like someone should set up a bummer tent in the lounge for all of us that took the brown acid. I.E. Activated an account in the previous few days to the flash sale. Maybe pm would be kind enough to give some kind of mini bonus to everyone who activated an account in the previous week because we just didn't want to pay our previous provider any more of our hard earned cash to their ridiculous service rates. You know just a little something to say thanks for switching  sorry you missed out on the really good deal!

So you are already saving money with PM from your old provider and now want PM to give you more because you signed up when there wasn't a promo and now there was?  Timing is everything.  Why stop at a week for a mini bonus what about those in the previous month?  This happens in all types of retail sales everywhere do the companies give a mini bonus for missing out on their sales?

Yes to attract new customers...adding my second line is a new customer as is all the people that activated a new account in the past week. This is the third time in one month that I've switched providers for myself and family and while wanting to wait for a flash sale I had to just give up and activate just to lose out on a promotion just days later. I'm still happy I did it's just disheartening to see you could have saved a little or a lot in this weekend's flash sale more money.

@darlicious  Ah, the joys and sorrows of flash sales when combined with a "no return" policy. I can only conclude that always having the the best deal in town does not generate as much income as "here today gone tomorrow". Robot Sad

I have finally given up trying to find the best long term supplier of any product or service. It's now find the best deal for what I need today, and move on whenever a better deal appears. Rationality is gone when I can get a brand new older model iPhone for net cost $100 today and next week the best offer is $300+. Hopeless.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PeterS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't think so. The promotion is there so it would attract new costumers to PM... Not to existing costumers.

I feel like someone should set up a bummer tent in the lounge for all of us that took the brown acid. I.E. Activated an account in the previous few days to the flash sale. Maybe pm would be kind enough to give some kind of mini bonus to everyone who activated an account in the previous week because we just didn't want to pay our previous provider any more of our hard earned cash to their ridiculous service rates. You know just a little something to say thanks for switching  sorry you missed out on the really good deal!

Unfortunately  you cannot benefit from this flash sale. I activated my account on that day too.... yes it's a bummer.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Rinat , according to the terms of the promotion, you have to activate within the window of the promotion.  So, it is a bit of a rhetorical question to ask about qualifications for the promotion.  Sorry, you don't qualify.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Geez....again remove your phone number this is a public forum it can compromise your privacy and security.

Need Help? Let's chat.