cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't take any of my credit cards or debit

torontokatt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My cards are all good no issue. Been on autopay for years same card no change it didn't take my payment today. I got home tired to check why as I said no issue with cards. Tried to re enter the card still won't take it. I tried another of my credit cards its also good also says say thing... Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged

What the heck is going on that card and the other both have limits of $4000 on them 0 balancce on one and only $1000 on the other

30 REPLIES 30

@torontokatt 

Oh I see you were on the old $50/8.5gb plan. That one updated in April of this year to $50/10.5gb you could have performed a change plan on next renewal. With at least $7 off in rewards you would be paying $43/10.5gb.

I suppose if you prefer to be able to call customer service then switching is worth the larger bill. Did you get the Google Pixel 6? Retail from the Google store $799+$99 free headphones gift.

• $35×24=$840+tax (koodo full retail price $999) 
  • $50/10gb(+tax) 4G LTE data, voLTE unlimited Canada wide calling and international texts
  • $15/unlimited US calling(+tax)+extras?
  • $9(+tax) device protection insurance w/replacement deductibles $25-$400, $49 screen repair fees (Google Pixel 6/128GB phone replacement deductible $200) 24×$9=$216+$25.92 tax
  • $109(+tax)per month or $65 without device tab and insurance ($22 more for unthrottled 4G LTE data, voLTE calling and a call centre.)
  • $122.08 w/ 12% tax or $72.80 compared to $48.16 w/pm
  • $2929.92 over 24 months or $1747.20 w/o device+ insurance 
  • $1155.84 pm services+$799(+95.88 tax=$894.88)=$2050.72 (total for pm service+google pixel 6+insurance when bought with the correct credit card deductible starting at $75)
  • Save $591.36 w/pm services or $879.20 including device and insurance (That's just $15 shy of a second google pixel 6 in cost savings!)

torontokatt

I assure you this is on them I actually used the same credit card today to go switch over  from public mobile to kudo itself and get a brand new phones I said screw it I'm just gonna go switch from public cause you can get a call back from the actual customer service people you don't get loyalty points plan is quite as good I was paying $50 a month and I had unlimited Canada and US now I'm paying 50 bucks a month plus 15 for my unlimited US everything and instead of 8 gigs I get 10 gigs data but I don't get loyalty points But what I did get is a brand new phone which I wanted anyways on tap extra 35 a month for 2 years then I can upgrade same deal plus bought the extra warranty is unlimited water and accident coverage for a year. U usual drop it etc not usual manufacturers damage extra 10 a month. They sent me a message said it will take another 48 hrs for financial debt to work out issue with my card. But if u know 100% it's there end demand competition. It is my address did not change used it 4 years now not expired large limit no balance same card for 4 years never missed a payment on autopay in 7 so ya demand it if u know your right 

@gpixel 

Yes that would be my only option....minutes or data.

@torontokatt 

It would be for accounts I manage and I have often asked for add ons as compensation but never really occurred to me that they would be willing to give such a comparatively large "cash" credit for an account suspended for 2 days. That sets a precedence. While I had a couple of major issues nearly 2 years ago I personally haven't had anything that has been pm's fault since then. Seeing as they pay me for my personal accounts there is no point in asking for a credit I already can't spend the ever increasing credits as it is.....its a tough issue to solve!😁

@torontokatt 

yes you are correct. but you're incorrect about payment issues. I'm guessing with the amount of cards you were entering it flagged the account. 

either way "amount due" is not the way to pay for your account. that option causes issues... keep that in mind the next time you run into this problem again. 

p.s. you should've also asked for data 🙂

torontokatt

I told you I work for a customer support Center that does technical support for cell phones not this one another one you never sit back and say oh well I'm going to convenience so I'll sit back and wait till they figure it out you demand compensation

torontokatt

Never sit back with a company and say oh well it's on they're end and I'll see what they'll do you demand reimbursement compensation for lost time if it's on their end and it is on their end

torontokatt

@torontokatt 

Nice negotiating....I will keep that in mind the next time I am inconvenienced.

torontokatt

They have gave me a monetary credit for my inconvenience customer service  to get my cell going again. Which was only $27.00 owning I had a credit in account. Apologized and said financial department sort out. They will let me know when error has be corrected. Apologized for all the inconvenience.

@torontokatt 

that's great! I think that's a better choice for you. good luck 🙂

torontokatt

Will you please stop trying to solve my problem yes I'm working with the customer service agents no my account is not suspended no it is not a saying it is suspended no that is not the issue my credit card is not the issue it's the system at Public Mobile that's an issue they are working on it texted saying it should be resolved to try and if I have any if the issue contact them again and it is still going on to again it's the same issue it's still not addressed so stop trying to fix my problem this service sucks after 11 years I'm ready to end the service and before anybody jumps in this is how we should contact customer service again then. I've done that I'm just venting my dissatisfaction. 

torontokatt

When somebody says they received the text clearly it would be from customer service at 611 from public mobile not somebody sitting around on a forum. So to answer u yes public mobile TEXTED ME my cell has no service who else could

@torontokatt wrote:

THEY TEXTED ME IT'S FIXED IT ISN'T READY TO SWITCH COMPANIES AFTER 11 YEARS. NO SERVICE NOW OVER 24 HRS AND THEY CLAIM IT'S BEEN ADDRESS.

@torontokatt  Who claims it is fixed? Customer Support Agents from Public Mobile?

So you still have no services, and does your Self Serve account status say "Suspended"?

Does your account have the funds to pay for your renewal, OR does it show that you already paid in your payment history?

@torontokatt   i thought PM won't text customer for support issue..

was that a text you can reply and can you reply them and tell them not fixed??

or at least they must have replied you via Community inbox,  reply the message there and tell them issue is not resolved yet..

torontokatt

THEY TEXTED ME IT'S FIXED IT ISN'T READY TO SWITCH COMPANIES AFTER 11 YEARS. NO SERVICE NOW OVER 24 HRS AND THEY CLAIM IT'S BEEN ADDRESS.

not too sure.

one thing the @torontokatt is missing is, when she first replaced the card on the account she should've done this process

login to self serve
click on "payment" tab
click the "preferred payment type"
choose "other, enter the desired amount" and manually type in your total plan amount and make a payment. 
go back to your "overview" tab and click the "reactivate" button 
restart your phone

she was selecting "amount due" and not "other, enter the desired amount" because I know for a fact that when "amount due" is selected you will receive this warning

Unable to process this transaction.
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this transaction could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged

if she was able to successfully add the card to the system 3 times. then 100% this was the issue. 

Considering that we are NOT Public Mobile, just fellow customers here trying to help out other customers…

Can anyone figure out why this customer decided to go through this exercise here when they didn’t want to be told how to do it or how we have found the best way to do it was in the past?

AE_Collector

@torontokatt

I am happy to see ignoring my advice worked out for you. It's good you have a resolution.👍

torontokatt

Already did that remembered how prior to any telling. Tickets open yes this the first payment issue I have ever had with them.

torontokatt

I pleased a ticket with customer service this is there response
"

Thank you for contacting us! It will be my pleasure to assist you today! I'm really sorry about this inconvenience, I will do my best to solve this issue as soon as possible.

The services are not active due to an error received when the system tried to charge the payment. Basically, after many attempts to use the credit card on the account, it creates an error that can be fixed through the payment department. That is the reason why we need to get the following information to complete the form and send it to them. Important to mention the time frame in order to get a response from the payment department within 72 hours.

Would you be so kind as to provide me with the information below?

- the last 4 digits of the credit card in question
- the full name as it appears on the credit card
- the Toll-Free number from the back of the credit card
- the name of the financial institution
- the full billing address where the statement is being mailed
- name of the country where the credit card was issued

@torontokatt   Unfortunately, Autopay failure happens.  I would say not too often but more often than it should be.  

So, you have been here for 11 years and this is the first time for you , I guess ,it's not too bad.  After over 132 payments, only once had issue.  only 0.75%  failure rate so far  🙂

I suggest you open the ticket with PM now and hope someone will check you account for you tonight.  Worst case, get a voucher tomorrow morning and get the service back.

@torontokatt 

MAYBE IF YOU HAVE BEEN USING THE SAME CARD FOR 5 YEARS IT HAS EXPIRED.

Just keep on trying and ignore all the advice I gave you I'm sure it will work out for you in the end.

/s 😃!

@torontokatt wrote:

Yes just got home from it's 8pm here not leaving my kids alone in bed to run out and buy a voucher... This doesnt explain also why the same credit card I have been using for 5 years that IS GOOD and on autopay did not process the payment today. I got off twork to find my cell to make a call and couldn't then saw a text saying it wasn't able to renew. Please update payment information. Nothing has changed not my address card details in 5 years. The card is good there is something else going wrong here.

@torontokatt    Yes hard to know why other than to say PM's system is quite glitchy and these things do happen once in a while.  Perfectly understandable about not leaving your kids alone, so the other alternative for now is to purchase a voucher via recharge.com or ding.com.  These services charge a fee for the convenience though.

torontokatt

I work in telephone tech support for a tech giant I am good with this stuff.

torontokatt

Yes just got home from it's 8pm here not leaving my kids alone in bed to run out and buy a voucher... This doesnt explain also why the same credit card I have been using for 5 years that IS GOOD and on autopay did not process the payment today. I got off twork to find my cell to make a call and couldn't then saw a text saying it wasn't able to renew. Please update payment information. Nothing has changed not my address card details in 5 years. The card is good there is something else going wrong here.

@torontokatt wrote:

That is not the issue I know how to I did it won't take any of my 5 credit cards with $4000 limits and no balance on all but one. So that is not answering my question it says this each time 

@torontokatt    You may want to wait an hour before trying to add your CC again.   I know you have probably done this, but make sure to use a clean browser with incognito mode on the next attempt.

For now you can purchase a voucher from a gas/convenience store, or a retailer like Walmart or London Drugs and use the 611 service to load until the issue CC registering can be sorted, perhaps might need the assistance of customer service by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen and submit a ticket.

torontokatt

Please don't tell me how to add payments been using this site for 11 years I know how. It's not taking any of my banking cards and all are good. I got off work to find my cell not working same credit card used for autopay for 5 years now. No issue at all with card I checked. So yes removed it put it back in it still won't take it nor the 4 other credit cards I never use all with balances of $4000 to $6000. So how do I get the billing people how work for them not people telling me how to add payments which I already know how to . 

torontokatt

That is not the issue I know how to I did it won't take any of my 5 credit cards with $4000 limits and no balance on all but one. So that is not answering my question it says this each time 

torontokatt

I DID THAT 3 TIMES I AM AWARE OF THAT

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@torontokatt

I just click on one time payment and in the middle of the page you can click on manage my card. Then I follow this procedure....

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from customer support.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

Need Help? Let's chat.