cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't let me update my credit card

SileeBailey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, 

I got a new credit card and have been trying to update my autopay. I deleted the old card that is expiring but when I entered the new card I keeping getting an error that the card cannot be processed and has not been charged and to contact my credit card provider. I contacted my credit card provider who said a payment did go through today from Public mobile, yet my profile is not showing my card being added. Can anyone provide some guidance? Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @SileeBailey 

I'd be inclined to concur with @kb_mv on this one.

The $0.00 pending charge is simply Public Mobile attempting to validate that what you entered IS a valid payment card.  The charge WILL drop off.

Now, as to whether the payment card IS registered on your Public Mobile account is another story.

On your self-serve, under the payment tab, and then to the right, what does it say here on your account?

HALIMACS_0-1612309648067.png

(EDIT:  oops, missed that, similar field to what @esjliv has already previously indicated)

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SileeBailey :After you sort all this out and find out what happened and if it was a glitch or whatever, don't forget to post back to this thread you created to let everyone know how your issue was fixed, and also choose an accepted solution to this thread by clicking the accepted solution button on top of the reply that help you find a solution that will mark this thread as solved.

SileeBailey

Thank you! It does not say that, I will open up a ticket. Much appreciation for all the help!!

@SileeBailey ,

Does it say this at the bottom of your account under your Overview tab "registered for dynamic Autopay" ?

dynamic Autopay

If you want to try again later or tomorrow and see how it goes, or put in a ticket to the moderators to help you get this set up.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@SileeBailey wrote:

Thanks everyone, I've tried:

1) clearing cache

2) incognito tab

Still getting the same error. Fingers crossed my account is now connect to the new cc (given the $0 charge that is appearing on my cc) even though I can't see evidence of that on my Public account and can't see the new credit card listed. 
What happens is it isn't connected and the payment won't go through?

@SileeBailey You wouldn't see a $0 charge in your self serve. It was simply the system checking if your card was valid. The system may have locked you out after a few tries. Have a look tomorrow and try then. If the CC is not there and you cannot add it you will need moderator assistance.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

SileeBailey

Thanks everyone, I've tried:

1) clearing cache

2) incognito tab

Still getting the same error. Fingers crossed my account is now connect to the new cc (given the $0 charge that is appearing on my cc) even though I can't see evidence of that on my Public account and can't see the new credit card listed. 
What happens is it isn't connected and the payment won't go through?

@esjliv wrote:

@SileeBailey wrote:

I just checked my credit card online myself and it looks like there is a 0$ transaction from Public Mobile. Weird, so nothing has gone through, but my cc is clearly now associated with Public though its not showing up on my account. My payment time isn't until the 20th. So I have a bit of time to figure out how to get my new cc added to my Public account. Any suggestions would be great!

That is what mine looks like too when I change credit cards on automatic payment accounts.

They show up in the pending purchases as $0, but then in a couple days they go away, because there is no charge.

So it sounds like this is just the normal process. 😁

@esjliv @SileeBailey The $0 charge would be PM "validating" the CC. Perfectly normal. To @SileeBailey wait til tomorrow, go into your self serve and see if there is any card associated with your account. Try and add the new one if it isn't showing. Sometimes the PM site leaves a lot to be desired. If tomorrow doesn't work, let us know.

@SileeBailey wrote:

I just checked my credit card online myself and it looks like there is a 0$ transaction from Public Mobile. Weird, so nothing has gone through, but my cc is clearly now associated with Public though its not showing up on my account. My payment time isn't until the 20th. So I have a bit of time to figure out how to get my new cc added to my Public account. Any suggestions would be great!

That is what mine looks like too when I change credit cards on automatic payment accounts.

They show up in the pending purchases as $0, but then in a couple days they go away, because there is no charge.

So it sounds like this is just the normal process. 😁

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SileeBailey wrote:

Hi all, 

I got a new credit card and have been trying to update my autopay. I deleted the old card that is expiring but when I entered the new card I keeping getting an error that the card cannot be processed and has not been charged and to contact my credit card provider. I contacted my credit card provider who said a payment did go through today from Public mobile, yet my profile is not showing my card being added. Can anyone provide some guidance? Thank you!

Hello @SileeBailey ,

Is the payment made from your previous card info. perhaps?

It could just be a finicky PM website thing. 

Clear your browser's cache, open a tab in incognito mode, and try deleting and adding the credit card in your account again.

SileeBailey

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@SileeBailey wrote:

Hi all, 

@SileeBailey Was today a renewal day? Changing a CC on file would not cause a payment to be made.

Need Help? Let's chat.