cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will "Available Fund" /balance still be deducted if Auto payment is disable?

HHZ
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For some reasons, I have some "Available Fund" or credit in my PM account.  If I disable Auto payment , and want to temporaily not use PM service,  would "Available Fund" still be deducted at the next billing cycle?

Is there any way to "transfer" "Available Fund" or credit to my credit card ?

Thank you,

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN wrote:

@popping  hello when you say,( Option 2:  If you have two or more PM accounts, you can transfer fund to other account so that your available fund + rewards will not have enough to pay for plan on next renewal date.) do they have to be your own accounts or can one be a family membeber or friend? thanks

I have done my family accounts.

@popping  hello when you say,( Option 2:  If you have two or more PM accounts, you can transfer fund to other account so that your available fund + rewards will not have enough to pay for plan on next renewal date.) do they have to be your own accounts or can one be a family membeber or friend? thanks

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

They only issue refunds to your credit card (but if you paid by voucher, doubt they can refund anything at all) if there’s a system error.  For example, your credit card got billed multiple times.

If it’s just simply the customer doesn’t want to pay for it, the only thing that they can do is suspend their service for up to 90 days.  After 90 days of non-payment, the account is closed and everything associated will be gone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

@HHZ wrote:

For some reasons, I have some "Available Fund" or credit in my PM account.  If I disable Auto payment , and want to temporaily not use PM service,  would "Available Fund" still be deducted at the next billing cycle?

Thank you,

Option 1:  Report your phone lost/stolen to stop PM from using your available fund for next renewal after disable autopay.

Option 2:  If you have two or more PM accounts, you can transfer fund to other account so that your available fund + rewards will not have enough to pay for plan on next renewal date.

If you use lost/stolen then you don't need to disable autopay.

Tiprix

@HHZ , returning or providing funds to your credit card depends on how you received those fund.  For example, if you paid twice using your credit card than the funds could be returned.  However, i believed it takes a while for this process to take place and PM users generally leave it in their account for the next payment.  On the hand if the credit obtained was due to a reward (e.g., community reward or auto-pay reward) you wouldn't be able to credit the amount to your credit card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HHZ wrote:

Thank you,

Option 1:  Report your phone lost/stolen to stop PM from using your available fund for next renewal after disable autopay.

Option 2:  If you have two or more PM accounts, you can transfer fund to other account so that your available fund + rewards will not have enough to pay for plan on next renewal date.

SomeFriend

Public Mobile will continue to bill your available balance to pay for the service.  You cannot get a refund of the account credits as they don’t provide them for this prepaid service.

To temporarily stop service at the end of the billing cycle, put your phone on lost or stolen mode from the Public Mobile self serve a day or two before renewal.  This will prevent renewal until you reactivate your phone.

ekam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I believe that even if you have autopay enabled, PM will use your available funds before billing your credit card

Need Help? Let's chat.