cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my plan for next month be paid for automatically if I have enough credit in my account?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am currently on the $25 for 500mb 3g offer which was out a few weeks ago. i currently have $30 in account credit. However, i will be out of town next month so I won't need a phone plan.

Will $25 be deducted from my $30 credit automatically at the payment due date? (autopay is off) and if so, how can I prevent this from happening so I can basically pay nothing (but also get no data/service until I would like to restart my plan cycle within these 90 days again?)

thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@00962 wrote:

Hi, I am currently on the $25 for 500mb 3g offer which was out a few weeks ago. i currently have $30 in account credit. However, i will be out of town next month so I won't need a phone plan.

Will $25 be deducted from my $30 credit automatically at the payment due date? (autopay is off) and if so, how can I prevent this from happening so I can basically pay nothing (but also get no data/service until I would like to restart my plan cycle within these 90 days again?)

thank you!

One thing to keep in mind is if you have the $25 plan with 500 mb bonus with autopay which is no longer available, once you suspend and resume upon return, you will only be able to choose from available plans at that time.  Of course there may be new promotions available when you return, or not.

@dabr  Not true. If the OP declares his phone lost. Once he returns and he declares his phone found he can re-activate his current plan.

Thanks,  wasn't aware of that, learn something new everyday ☺

@dabr wrote:

@00962 wrote:

thank you!

One thing to keep in mind is if you have the $25 plan with 500 mb bonus with autopay which is no longer available, once you suspend and resume upon return, you will only be able to choose from available plans at that time.  Of course there may be new promotions available when you return, or not.

@dabr  Not true. If the OP declares his phone lost. Once he returns and he declares his phone found he can re-activate his current plan.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@00962 wrote:

thank you!

Edit: Apparently after suspension you can keep plan thanks for info  @geopublic 

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hycm53 wrote:

@Alex888 wrote:
@00962If you go into your account an report your phone as lost/stolen it will suspend your account renewals. Your current month will still expire on your renewal date but it shouldn't automatically renew. When you return, report your phone as found and reactivate your account.

So you know, 90 days after your account expires it will be permanently deactivated so don't let it laps for longer than that.

I wonder if trigger lost phone function more than couple days, will PM report to DeviceCheckCanada? If PM will, when trigger find phone function, PM will report again. And I’m concerned phone may not work immediately since DeviceCheckCanada probably need sometime to remove the phone from the blacklist and I’m not sure will PM send message or call to confirm the phone was lost and fond later .

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Blacklisting of a Device doesn't happen Automatically, When you Report your phone Lost/Stolen the system asks you if you would like to block the imei. 

Edit: Spelling Correction

@Alex888 wrote:
@00962If you go into your account an report your phone as lost/stolen it will suspend your account renewals. Your current month will still expire on your renewal date but it shouldn't automatically renew. When you return, report your phone as found and reactivate your account.

So you know, 90 days after your account expires it will be permanently deactivated so don't let it laps for longer than that.

I wonder if trigger lost phone function more than couple days, will PM report to DeviceCheckCanada? If PM will, when trigger find phone function, PM will report again. And I’m concerned phone may not work immediately since DeviceCheckCanada probably need sometime to remove the phone from the blacklist and I’m not sure will PM send message or call to confirm the phone was lost and fond later .

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@00962 If you go into your account an report your phone as lost/stolen it will suspend your account renewals. Your current month will still expire on your renewal date but it shouldn't automatically renew. When you return, report your phone as found and reactivate your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.