cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife's Phone stopped working

gailwalsh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Both wife and I have PM phones.  Her's today won't dial out. It suddenly says it needs payment. I was on auto pay for both phones.  I tried to log into her account but it asks what her favorite activity was in high school... that was 60 years ago!  We have no idea and don't remember even adding that.  I can't log it to fix the payment structure and I can't get an email reset. It wants a pin number!!!!!  I'll have to leave this service is this is the case. This is useless.  Why would it stop taking payments!!!!

11 REPLIES 11

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@HALIMACS wrote:

@gailwalsh wrote:

Both wife and I have PM phones.  Her's today won't dial out. It suddenly says it needs payment. I was on auto pay for both phones.  I tried to log into her account but it asks what her favorite activity was in high school... that was 60 years ago!  We have no idea and don't remember even adding that.  I can't log it to fix the payment structure and I can't get an email reset. It wants a pin number!!!!!  I'll have to leave this service is this is the case. This is useless.  Why would it stop taking payments!!!!

@gailwalsh 

Auto pay sometimes fails.

Does it usually happen for a reason  or are there glitches ? 

I remember someone telling me they had an expired  card  on file for autopay but just kept a balance in the account so it didn't matter( I assume the balance is drawn on first) ...is that the safest way to go ?  It defies logic  that they pay a premium for autopay and then botch it so often  but I guess it's just a matter of playing their game and reducing the glitch potential to the minimum . 

edited to add ...I also recall some one telling me to be sure and write down all the pins and security questions ... boy were they right because when you need them you are ussually stressed and not remembering clearly ....one of those recommendations that should be recommended to every customer at set up  time . 

@gailwalsh 

Its even more frustrating when community members keep telling you to basically go back to simple simon and tear another strip off of him....do this instead you will know enough account info to verify the account and you will be able to get a password reset. Just write down the pin #, password and new security question and answer for future reference and store it in a safe place.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses today. Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Just contact Moderators creating ticket through Chat as outlined above in few notes. They will help you out 100%. Just be clam and patient 🙂

@gailwalsh wrote:

I can't believe the horror of this service.

Locked out with no way back. You force me to leave to another service.

No need to be upset. All support in this forum is done by clients of PM as yourself.

NO PM staff monitors nor provides support here.

When you set up an account, most likely you had to provide security answer for chosen question. If you have forgotten, not a big deal.

Just contact Moderators through ticketing system. Type 'ticket' in chat window and follow prompts. MODs are PM employees and will get back to you promptly (depending on number of request currently handling).

Chat bot is a real PITA but will let you get in contact with live support (through email in Community).

Please be patient 🙂 I understand your frustration but it will be resolved at the end. Stay calm, please... it is better for your health.

Remember, PM is no frills cell service; good price, good service, not much live support. All 'support' is done by volunteers here. Account support is provided by Moderators through ticketing system.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gailwalsh wrote:

@gailwalsh 

Contact the Moderators as outlined by a user above.

There is hope if you put a bit of effort into it...

gailwalsh

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@gailwalsh 

If you are on AutoPay, PM should automatically charge your CC or DC.

You will need to contact a moderator via SIMon Chat button and ask to contact a moderator or human. Or click on the envelope icon on this Community page but both will need a PIN number for you to reset your password. This is to prevent someone from SIM swapping your account.

Also, did you have the PM SIM activated by a PM retailer? They may have entered the security question so you may need to go back to the retailer to help you with the security question but I doubt it.

@gailwalsh 

Contact Moderators if you want their assistance.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact moderator, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

gailwalsh

That chat bot drove me to the point of profanity.

It is completely useless.  I guess I'm just SOL here.

I don't have the pin.  I don't have any details except her phone number.  I either get this fixed today or I move to another service.  I can't be wasting 5 hours on this problem!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@gailwalsh wrote:

@gailwalsh 

Auto pay sometimes fails.

Try making a manual payment dialing *611, if you have a payment card registered to the account.  To use this service, you have to know the 4-digit PIN number you created upon activation.

If you don't know the PIN you set up, you can also purchase a Public Mobile payment voucher from the following locations to apply to *611 (make sure to dial it from the phone with no service --- it'll work even with no service).

You can get Public Mobile payment vouchers online through recharge.com (with a fee),  or at the below locations at face value:

HALIMACS_0-1622151312377.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to you fix it explanation to moderator them nice Team and nice service the will 100% help you,

you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.