cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why was my CC charged twice

dezmon71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On the day I signed up with PM I see there are two charges for a full month of service. Why did this happen?

I have also setup the auto pay feature, but both charges to my CC were for the full amount and not with the $2 discount they say you get for autopay.

On my account page I do not see any discounts listed!

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dezmon71 wrote:

Yes a manual payment was made because the account said it was due.

Yes it shows funds available of $15.

@dezmon71 this explains the "why" you see two payments:  you made an extra payment thinking you needed to, when you didn't need to.  The amount owing was for your first renewal, and wasn't due yet.  As @Maple98 noted, the extra $15 is sitting as a credit on your account, and will automatically be used by the system to pay for your first renewal.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dezmon71 wrote:

On your next renewal, the balance owing will use up your available funds & any applicable rewards (ie: Auto Pay) before charging your credit card for any remaining balance. 

dezmon71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maple98
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dezmon71 wrote:

On the day I signed up with PM I see there are two charges for a full month of service. Why did this happen?

I have also setup the auto pay feature, but both charges to my CC were for the full amount and not with the $2 discount they say you get for autopay.

On my account page I do not see any discounts listed!

Your Auto Pay reward will not be applied to your initial month, but you should see it the following month. 

Is the double charge showing in your credit card, or your self-serve account, or both? Is there a credit (available funds on your self serve account) as a result of the double charge?

If you’re able to provide a screenshot of your account charges, it may be more helpful... just be sure to remove any personal info as this is a public forum.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you setup a new account, you will be billed for the first month as PM is prepaid.  Did you make a manual payment ?  If you can post a screen shot without any personal details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dezmon71  - Regarding the double charge, did everything go smothely during activation?  Did you restart activation fo some reason?  Any chance you did a plan change after activation? As for the autopay, on the initial sign-up, there is no credit.  However, before your next renewal, you sill get the $2 credit for the initial payment (if auto-pay was enabled at time of sign up) PLUS the auto-pay bonus for the renewal.  Thus you should get $4 auto-pay discount on the first renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.