cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why must I go through this every month?

vickisam35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Seems every month my account gets suspended because of non-payment even though I am on auto-pay. Is this issue so difficult that it cannot be resolved? I am sick and tired of having to submit a ticket for the same problem every month. Just charge me a day early so my service does not get interrupted! 

10 REPLIES 10

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Me too! I just use autopay as my back up plan.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @vickisam35 

I always pay manually and I still receive$2 off

But you should contact moderators to take a look

I would like to know that if I do forget to pay one month, autopay would do it for me, and one thing you are certain of is that it would not, that's wrong. They should fix it

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you @gblackma that was very informative and sets my mind at ease

@Mattredwingsfan since I joined in December 2019, they are looking into it. This only happens to a minute portion of customers. A good test of your autopay credit card is to do a one time payment of $1. If this works your autopay will probably work too. To make it almost foolproof. You can always log into your account whenever you get your 3 day 611 payment reminder text message and deposit the full cost of your plan. The payment will be automatically applied on your 30 cycle renewal date.

FYI The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore the mesage, leave your account alone. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mattredwingsfan  It's a known bug that affects a few accounts periodically. Sadly, PM has been unable to exterminate it. 
On the other hand it performs flawlessly for most customers. 

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So as a new customer myself I really don't want to see this happen either, I have my payment info saved on my account, if this is a known issue (as I have heard this from a lot of different people) is there anyone looking into this? 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@vickisam35 Do you lose service every month or not at all? As others have stated, the process is a bit convoluted each renewal. If you haven't lost service don't worry about it. I don't even go to my account to check on renewal day. Now if indeed you are losing service every month I too would be upset!

@vickisam35 why not manually add the full payment due as @darlicious suggested when you receive the paymemt reminder text? Leave and use the autopay ctedit card attached for the $2 reward and to pay for your service.  If you do this your service will not suspend every 30 day cycle. The payment will be automatically applied on your renewal date.  Stay safe. 

Make a patment.png

@vickisam35 

Soooo....why dont you log into your account a day before  your renewal or when you get that reminder text....with a clear browser in secret/ incognito mode and go to make a payment. Then make your payment. Click on submit. Watch that little circle go round and round...."but dont worry good things come to those who wait."  Then your payment will appear in your balance. And voila! You are assured autopay will not fail......your service wont get interrupted.....you dont have to log into the community or submit a ticket thru simple simon ......none of it. Just take 5 min log in and pay.

Now do you have service? Need to pay and reactivate? How can we help?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@vickisam35 check your phone to see if you still have service. the renewal process shows as suspended>expired>active

Need Help? Let's chat.